Cheap *** headers at it again!!

-
No issues with plugs or cables they fit perfectly fine with the stock valve cover inserts
Way back when i was 17, a guy my brother was friends with gave me a 340 Challenger needed a transmission.
Had I think Blackjack as had slip tube on driver side header no fancy spark plug wires or covers used I never burnt one ever. Changed them out for some Headman AK5000 since I dressed engine up when no did a refresh and wanted aluimiunm coated. Same no problems. Also no problem with Hooker, TTI or Doug's. And how often does on change plugs geez.
In fact I had seen more plug wires burnt on 340 HP manifolds without the heat shields than headers.

Last edited:
i fail to see how that is relevant to the conversation at hand. but let's go with half a day, depending on the situation at hand (lots of variables at play).
I did it in 6 hours, that's from the time I hooked up the chain hoist till I drove the car out of the shop. The car didn't have ac but it had ps. I was timed on how long it took me to r&r a 904 transmission in a 1968 satellite and it took me 50 minutes to do so, this is not fiction but fact. Not bragging, just saying

What MiniVanDan needs.

1) A Car

2) Summit, or Jegs compleate exhaust kit with muffs

3) Cap, Rotor, Wires, Autolite Copper plugs

4) Good oil low cost with zinc Rotella filter, Baldwin, Wix, NAPA gold etc

5) inspect brakes and steering repair as needed.

6) see #1 and stop trying to do everything else to a stock 318

I did it in 6 hours, that's from the time I hooked up the chain hoist till I drove the car out of the shop. The car didn't have ac but it had ps. I was timed on how long it took me to r&r a 904 transmission in a 1968 satellite and it took me 50 minutes to do so, this is not fiction but fact. Not bragging, just saying
good for you. what do you want, a cookie?

anyway, i have doubts you've ever done any type of real mechanical work. the way that you describe things, how you talk about processes and your overall approach belies the facts that you so brazenly state.

(ps that's way behind book time, amigo. you'd go hungry as a flat rate)

anyway, i have doubts you've ever done any type of real mechanical work. the way that you describe things, how you talk about processes and your overall approach belies the facts that you so brazenly state.

Are you talking about the transmission? If so, I beat the flat rate manual. I've done lots of mechanical work

He won't get it cuz it has "cheap ***" headers.... :rofl: #12yroldtroll #fulloshit, #minivandan
I agree. And if he ever does just keep the stock manifolds and put cheap *** twice pipe kit from Summit. The engine don't need more.

Last edited:

Mechanical work? I installed the differential in my dad's f-150 pick up when I was 12 years old, helped my dad rebuild the hydraulic system on his Davis trencher, helped him put new tracks on the same trencher. Rebuilt many a lawnmower, I done those things before I was 15 years old. I've probably done more Mechanical stuff than most of the guys on here. Your quick to judge me, I wonder if you do the same to your customers. I'm not perfect, I'll be the first to admit it to. I may not have the experience that you have but rest assured I know that I've worked job's growing up that you probably couldn't handle, I'm not making fun of you I'm stating a fact.

....I've worked job's growing up that you probably couldn't handle, I'm not making fun of you I'm stating a fact.

oh yes, that's right. let's get straight to the younger generation is soft bullshit.

*makes jerking off gesture*

you know exactly zero-point-zero about me, how i came up or my work ethic minivan man.

if you want to start with facts: you're a time waster. a dreamer. a flat *** buster. you talk a big game but you're nothing but a clown.

you're looking at 22K car (if that's even for real) and you're scared to drive it home, what, 200mi? you must have some real dog **** mechanical skills if you can't ascertain a car of that caliber won't make it home, or fix anything that could potentially happen to it on the side of the road. that's super lame and actually i feel sorry for you.

Mechanical work? I installed the differential in my dad's f-150 pick up when I was 12 years old, helped my dad rebuild the hydraulic system on his Davis trencher, helped him put new tracks on the same trencher. Rebuilt many a lawnmower, I done those things before I was 15 years old. I've probably done more Mechanical stuff than most of the guys on here. Your quick to judge me, I wonder if you do the same to your customers. I'm not perfect, I'll be the first to admit it to. I may not have the experience that you have but rest assured I know that I've worked job's growing up that you probably couldn't handle, I'm not making fun of you I'm stating a fact.
dan, you bring all the criticism/piss taking on yourself. stop blabbing about how much research you do, most all of us do that but don't need to keep asking dumb questions again and again on here. then when you get answers you have to argue with them as they don't agree with your 'research'. ffs, just go and buy a car or if you are the minivan messer you're accused of being stop trolling on here. that or don't moan when you get derogatory replies. lets not even get to your 'mine's bigger than yours' attitude ffs. it's a racing certainty you won't buy this imaginary car, but please, please prove us all wrong and gain some credibility.
neil.

Great, now someone is going to come along and demand pics or it did not happen.
All is lost........
I didn't get pics this time. You're just gonna have to believe me. lol

I didn't get pics this time. You're just gonna have to believe me. lol
Sorry no matter how big it was. I am betting Dan will post his was bigger, better, etc. And Others and I will have to hit agree. And rightly so since he is full of ****, and everyone knows that.

Sorry no matter how big it was. I am betting Dan will post his was bigger, better, etc. And Others and I will have to hit agree. And rightly so since he is full of ****, and everyone knows that.

didn't ya hear? dan dan the minivan man took bigger dumps in a ford when he was 12, helped his dad replace the toilet and then took a dump in there too, then he took a dump on top of a dump before taking a dump on many a lawnmower-- all this before he was 15!

dan's probably done more dumps than most of the guys on here.

minvan dan might not laydown perfectly coiled dumps, and he'd be the first to admit it. and he may lack the dumping experience many of us have, but he's assured us that he knows that he's taken dumps so big growing up that most of us probably couldn't handle 'em. and that's not to put us down, he's stating that as a fact.

didn't ya hear? dan dan the minivan man took bigger dumps in a ford when he was 12, helped his dad replace the toilet and then took a dump in there too, then he took a dump on top of a dump before taking a dump on many a lawnmower-- all this before he was 15!

minvan dan might not laydown perfectly coiled dumps, and he'd be the first to admit it. and he may lack the dumping experience many of us have, but he's assured us that he knows that he's taken dumps so big growing up that most of us probably couldn't handle 'em. and that's not to put us down, he's stating that as a fact.
And did all his early research while doing so too. Book after book, all that time sitting was not wasted, he was multitasking..... he's a smart cookie.
Speaking of Minivans.

On a side note. An old episode of roadkill, roadkill garage or whatever Monsoon was on than other day. Twin turbo Minivan was slow because of install problems but cool. Pipes all the way to back doors, and intercooler by the big side door in middle. Open side door for cooler air. I bet it would have been fast after refined and bugs worked out. You can say show is dumb etc. But they do come up with some great out of the ordinary ideas for things that would normally be passed over.
My wife really laughs out loud at the silly stuff they do on all the shows. Roadkill, Roadkill Garage, and even Engine Masters. Engine Masters is her least favourite of the 3.
It's entertainment, with some cool car stuff, and better than most other crap on TV.
The one where thet beat the headers to crap showed what most say here.
Most here have no real use for headers. Power and toqure are below need. So are not affected by a bash here or there and could do fine with just stock manifolds or ported 340 ones.
Many years ago, 1st married we needed a driver for Crystal. So the 1971 Challenger it was since we had it. Pulled big carb, cam, headers, put smaller one side up from stock cam, AFB on duel plane, ported old 68_1971 340 manifolds, and A/C back on. Car ran well, good mileage, and was faster than was needed 99.9% of the time driven.
And gears could be swapped to 276 in no time when ya young and strong. Could be used on those extra long trips car ran like any other on the hwy.
Clearly a case of less is more.
These were cars people used. 200 miles one way for a driver should be nothing or leave it where it sits.

Last edited:
And gears could be swapped to 276 in no time when ya young and strong. Could be used on those extra long trips car ran like any other on the hwy.
The comment of being young hit a nerve for me.17 years old. I traveled from Pittsburgh Pa to Denver Colorado 1600 miles in my 70 Duster.This was back in 1976.I would do exactly that. Swap the 8 3/4 pig from 3.91 to 2.76 for the drive and swap back to 3.91 once I got to my destination.Did it twice a year for 2 years. Oh to be young..

oh yes, that's right. let's get straight to the younger generation is soft bullshit.

*makes jerking off gesture*

you know exactly zero-point-zero about me, how i came up or my work ethic minivan man.

if you want to start with facts: you're a time waster. a dreamer. a flat *** buster. you talk a big game but you're nothing but a clown.

you're looking at 22K car (if that's even for real) and you're scared to drive it home, what, 200mi? you must have some real dog **** mechanical skills if you can't ascertain a car of that caliber won't make it home, or fix anything that could potentially happen to it on the side of the road. that's super lame and actually i feel sorry for you.
I thought about how I was going to respond to you. First off, the car is for real. I do have good mechanical skills. I have the ability to find things that possibly could go wrong such as belts, hoses, plug wires, etc. There are things that can't be detected with the naked eye such as the ballast resistor, control module, distributor pickup,coil. Fuel pumps can and have went bad without any indication that anything was wrong, I had a water pump go out and it never leaked out of the peep hole. Spare ignition parts can be brought along when bringing a car home. I understand that sometimes a road side repair is un avoidable,but when traveling like 4 hours I just feel that it's both safer and easier to bring it back on a trailer especially not knowing the history of the vehicle. A car could have a over heating issue that maybe the seller didn't want to mention, if this happens then you're stranded until the car cools down and then you have to find out what the problem is. I got my preventive maintenance training when I worked at the airport many years ago, I got some more when I worked at a local school bus garage plus tech school and hands on. I'm in no way saying that I know more than you do or have more experience than you. But I would like a little credit for what I do know. I have learned new things on here and I'm grateful for that. After what I've said about the things that could go wrong with a vehicle do you still think that I'm wrong with wanting to bring it home on a trailer? Once the car is home I plan on going over the suspension, brakes, exhaust and general engine and transmission to be sure that the car is not only safe to drive but run decent too.

I see a case of immaturity, big time

-
Back