Dartin for Divorce

-
Lines from pump to carb replaced... I found in my fuel filter all kinds of black soot looking crap.

started the car, let it idle for about 15 minutes then it decided to shut off... water temp said 180, oil pressure was about 45psi... if i press the throttle arm and look in the carb while it won't start i get all kinds of smoke coming out, idk if that is the fuel boiling out or if its always like that when the engine is hot..

The line from the pump to the carb is not hot, the carb isnt hot, the pump doesn't feel to hot. The hottest part is directly across from the headers, right in this area.

20200920_165630.jpg

20200920_170131.jpg

I'm thinking this was identified earlier in the thread, correct?

Damn, the only two things I can think of that would cause it is a coil going bad when hot, or vapor lock.

Tonight when you tried to restart, you're saying no fuel was pumping into the carb? If that's the case, then it's vapor lock.

From my similar experience my coil was overheating and failing. It came down to bad wiring thru my bulkhead connector. Dustin

so with much help in my build thread and from FABO I think I was able to solve my mysterious stalling problem.

We narrowed it down to not fuel but most likely an electrical issue. When I traced the wires from my ECM to my coil I found that the black/yellow wire attached to the positive post did not have a good connection at the wire connector. I replaced the wire connectors, added a new ballast resistor and added a new ECM.

Took the car out for a 30-40 minute drive and it ran flawlessly. 190 operating temp, no dying no stuttering just good ol muscle car music to my ears.

I'm still not happy with my shift points but that is an issue I'll try to resolve this weekend. The 1-2 shift is way to soft and it shifts very quick into 3rd, but at least it bangs into 3rd lol. This is all under normal throttle, not mashing on it.

probably why the coil was buzzing all the time...

You sir are correct! I have no more buzzing of the coil either, which makes me very happy.

Now just shift points, I have it on coffee spiller mode and I want to chirp 1-2nd and 2-3rd.... I guess 3 pedals would have helped with that??? lol

Installed the center console, again its not perfect but it looks better than before.

Then the girls and I took a drive around the neighborhood for about 15-20 minutes listening to some Jojo Siwa.

20201002_172718.jpg

20201002_172656.jpg

20201002_170055.jpg

now that things are fixed all the drama's gone out of your thread :(

i'm sure by next week something will happen though :lol:

Only little things now... fingers crossed.

Besides finding better shift points for my transmission lol

Well I didnt get to work on the car this weekend. I forgot I had a trip planned to go to Pahrump nevada for a free dental day. We saw 90 patients for dental work in 8 hours. I actually got to treat 3 prisoners, it was pretty crazy too. They had their hands and feet shackled and they had to have the guards with them.

I also got a job for when I graduate on Saturday... Its with the potential to buy in after my 3rd year working as long as I hit certain milestones while in the office. If it works out I will be definitely in the market for like 15 more old mopars... lol

Oh I also passed my National Boards part 2. Now I take the first part of my licensing exam on Oct 12... hopefully that works out well too.

If I get some free time I'll try and mess with my transmission so I feel comfortable driving the purple beast to school in the next couple of weeks!

Congrats on passing your National Board exam! If you passed that, you should have no trouble with the licensing exam. Is your new job in Vegas, or are you moving on to somewhere else? Sounds like it will turn into a pretty good gig if the office and practice has a good rep already. I'm sure you will be a great dentist, and get lots of patients from word of mouth advertising.....which is the best kind. I myself, prefer young doctors because you have learned the latest and greatest ways of helping people.

:thumbsup:

-
Back