Dartin for Divorce

-
Yes she shoots, just not very often... she actually is a really good shot too, its just she doesn't go out that much. Last time I took her she was showing me up with one of my rifles, not cool babe... not cool... I blame it on having an off day. Lol

The compacts definitely are a lot trickier to shoot, the 320 compact isn't to compact, its kind of middle of the road between full size and compact. I got the 365xl to conceal carry better to always be safe.
Always been a 1911 guy. Those compacts take a whole different mindset. Mostly tucking to the chest to reload.

Always been a 1911 guy. Those compacts take a whole different mindset. Mostly tucking to the chest to reload.

What do you mean tucking to the chest to reload? Like reloading the gun while its closer to the chest?

The nice part about all my compacts is they are all 12+1 and you can get extended mags if you wanted.

Id love a nice 1911 or 2011, the triggers on those guns are so nice. Ill probably get one... or two... in the next couple of years. My next gun is another m&p15-22 for the son... ive been bad about getting one, my wife actually commented about it on Wednesday when I got these. Lol.

What do you mean tucking to the chest to reload? Like reloading the gun while its closer to the chest?

The nice part about all my compacts is they are all 12+1 and you can get extended mags if you wanted.

Id love a nice 1911 or 2011, the triggers on those guns are so nice. Ill probably get one... or two... in the next couple of years. My next gun is another m&p15-22 for the son... ive been bad about getting one, my wife actually commented about it on Wednesday when I got these. Lol.
Ya, I can drop mags at arms length with the 1911's but my Taurus I gotta pull it to my chest to change mags. Probably not a bad thing. A better tactical move.

Ya, I can drop mags at arms length with the 1911's but my Taurus I gotta pull it to my chest to change mags. Probably not a bad thing. A better tactical move.

Which taurus do you have? I have two G2 pt111's, right before they changed the name to the G2C and stopped offering a lifetime warranty. Thats actually the gun I'm cleaning and adding the trigger and springs to right now.

Which taurus do you have? I have two G2 pt111's, right before they changed the name to the G2C and stopped offering a lifetime warranty. Thats actually the gun I'm cleaning and adding the trigger and springs to right now.
Yup same one I have. Still trying to dial it in. Cant hit the broad side of a barn. lol. Bought it for the wife. Of course I buy them all for the wife. :)

Yup same one I have. Still trying to dial it in. Cant hit the broad side of a barn. lol. Bought it for the wife. Of course I buy them all for the wife. :)

Thats what I said on Wednesday... told her she could have the 365xl since it was perfect size and I'd take the 320... well lucky me she doesn't carry or go shooting very often... :rofl:

Her response was... Merry Christmas, since I know you're going to take them both... smart woman she is... besides the fact that she married me...

Went for a drive to sams club today. Had to get some puppy food as we get to get the new puppy in a week or two.

The Birthday Girl enjoyed the drive and her big bag of hot cheetos.

Anytime there is weight in the rear of the car the *** end just drops. Besides new rear leaf springs (which i want) is there any other ways to stiffen up the *** end a little?

Also the front tires are doing much better and the car is still driving much straighter.

20201115_122156.jpg

20201115_122134.jpg

20201115_122120.jpg

You can try add a leafs, but the money is better spent on new leafs. Or find a suspension shop who can rearch them and add a couple more leafs.

New leaf springs and some bilstein or KYB stuff on that up. I have Afco springs on my 65 Dart and they are stiff. That’s awesome your girl eats flaming hot Cheetos
AFCO Racing Race Leaf Springs 20230

The shocks are brand new KYBs, only the springs havent been replaced. Man those AFCO springs are as much as Calverts lol.

Yes she loves her some flaming hot cheetos with lime.... I love them too, but I dont eat in the dart... only the kids do.

@Bodyperson here is the new trigger, I also polished the trigger slide and now the trigger pull is so much more crisp in the taurus. For 40 bucks the gun feels completely different.

Edit- forgot the picture.
Also- my daughter wanted to paint my nails...

20201115_140910.jpg

@Bodyperson here is the new trigger, I also polished the trigger slide and now the trigger pull is so much more crisp in the taurus. For 40 bucks the gun feels completely different.

Edit- forgot the picture.
Also- my daughter wanted to paint my nails...

View attachment 1715630890
Sure she did. Who makes the trigger. I should do some work on mine.

Sure she did. Who makes the trigger. I should do some work on mine.

Its called keep tinkering here's the website. He makes a couple different ones, im going to get the pseudo backstrap for my other one.

Its super easy to do, and no more sloppy trigger feeling.

Forgot the link lol.
https://www.keeptinkering.com/shop

Probably a better deal to just buy through summit... the SS springs looks pretty nice on the 69 dart.
I figured someone with more knowledge than me might have chimed in about the SS springs but be careful as they are mostly for competition and have a different height left to right so if you want it to sit level you order 2 rights or 2 lefts. https://www.manciniracing.com/superstock.html

Besides new rear leaf springs (which i want) is there any other ways to stiffen up the *** end a little?

I had the same problem on the Valiant. The rear springs were just plain soggy. They were adequate - just barely - driving with just me and/or my sweetie, but anything else and they'd bottom out on a big dip or driveway. The Dart had a set of helpers springs I took off when I put the new ones on, so I added those to the Valiant. Problem solved, it's like a whole new car to drive. I will replace the rear springs later when I get into the Valiant, but it's a very workable fix for as long as I need it. They are similar to these I found on Amazon (the photo in the listing is awful, but I think you'll get the idea). And they are cheap. When I installed mine I just pulled the U-bolts and slid the helpers under the shock plate, flattened it with a bottle jack, and tightened it back up. Easy-peasy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029K1X0/?tag=fabo03-20

Here is what the helpers looked like on the Dart, with the one from the right side already removed and sitting on the ramp.

DSCN0280.JPG

eaton springs for 68' 383 a-body with dr diff hangers in the upper bolt hole. front ends a little lower now. may take a leaf out of the back later

DSC01472.JPG

I just bought a pair of 5 leaf units from general spring. Havent stuck em under there yet. I have KYBs to go with em. Should be ok.

-
Back