Dartin for Divorce

-
I figured someone with more knowledge than me might have chimed in about the SS springs but be careful as they are mostly for competition and have a different height left to right so if you want it to sit level you order 2 rights or 2 lefts. Super Stock
I put the asymmetric pair of Mopar S/S springs on mine, with stock shackles/hangers, and the KYB gas shocks. It is pretty stiff back there, and a little higher than stock, and was not level right-to-left due to the two different springs. I got it to sit almost perfectly level by playing with the front ride heights. It's within a 1/4" side-to-side, front and back.
i33830-jpg.jpg

I put the asymmetric pair of Mopar S/S springs on mine, with stock shackles/hangers, and the KYB gas shocks. It is pretty stiff back there, and a little higher than stock, and was not level right-to-left due to the two different springs. I got it to sit almost perfectly level by playing with the front ride heights. It's within a 1/4" side-to-side, front and back.
View attachment 1715632937

I think that stance is 100% perfection! I think that's what I will probably end up with. There is actually a set of ss springs fs on the trader right now.... I can't buy them though, I spent to much lately.

I think that stance is 100% perfection! I think that's what I will probably end up with. There is actually a set of ss springs fs on the trader right now.... I can't buy them though, I spent to much lately.
The front is raised a little over the stock height too. And all 4 tires are the same size, 225/60-15.

The front is raised a little over the stock height too. And all 4 tires are the same size, 225/60-15.

What was stock height? I think my front end measures 23.5 inches from the ground to the outer top portion of the fender well and I run 215/60/15 up front. I wouldn't mind raising it more if my *** end didn't sit so low.

What was stock height? I think my front end measures 23.5 inches from the ground to the outer top portion of the fender well and I run 215/60/15 up front. I wouldn't mind raising it more if my *** end didn't sit so low.
I don't know. The FSM has the specs for ride height. If you adjust to their specs my transmission oil pan is hitting all kinds of stuff (deep pan). My way: adjust it until it looked right! You'll have to get a front end alignment done if you change the ride height, front or rear. Of course you're already planning on that. Just tell 'em not to touch the ride height if you have it where you like it already.

Added the rear spring helpers. Before and afters. Doesn't look like much, but I gained just a little over 1/2 inches from the floor to the lip of the fender over the rear tires and I gained 3/4 inch from the floor to the bottom of the bumper.

I also learned I have 5 spring rear springs. Really they are like 3 3/4 because 2 of them are not full length lol.

I havent driven the car yet as I still have to adjust my rear drums and rebleed my brakes, hopefully I can have that done in the next hour or so...
20201121_114756.jpg

20201121_114426.jpg

20201121_114408.jpg

Bled brakes, with help from my beautiful wife.... Stops much better now, ill adjust rear brake some more as I still have a little travel in the pedal but not much.

Checked out lights... I think they look fine?... :poke: Drivers side blinker staying on, not blinking, when the lever isn't switched to that side. When putting lever up to turn passenger side on that one lights up but doesn't blink... driver side rear park light went out...

went to the park with the girl. Cleaned up the garage. Santa riding a t-rex got put up in front of the house...

Maybe I'll order 6 bulbs....

20201121_162252.jpg

20201121_165657.jpg

20201121_165716.jpg

20201121_165811.jpg

20201121_170450.jpg

Bled brakes, with help from my beautiful wife.... Stops much better now, ill adjust rear brake some more as I still have a little travel in the pedal but not much.

Checked out lights... I think they look fine?... :poke: Drivers side blinker staying on, not blinking, when the lever isn't switched to that side. When putting lever up to turn passenger side on that one lights up but doesn't blink... driver side rear park light went out...

went to the park with the girl. Cleaned up the garage. Santa riding a t-rex got put up in front of the house...

Maybe I'll order 6 bulbs....

View attachment 1715634595

View attachment 1715634596

View attachment 1715634597

View attachment 1715634598

View attachment 1715634599

Where did you come up with those exhaust tips? I am looking for one. Just one.

So I keep walking by my tail panel sitting in the side of the garage.... I miss having it on. I'm trying to decide what to do with it, as well as my tail light bezels and my grill. The tail panel is in pretty good shape,the tail light bezels are not as good of shape andI loathe the grill...

Bright dipping, anodizing and chrome are to expensive...

I was reading, you can strip the anodizing and then just polish it with metal polish.

20201122_010016.jpg

20201122_010030.jpg

Where did you come up with those exhaust tips? I am looking for one. Just one.

When I got the car I got everything from the gts that hadn't been installed- extra exhaust, headers, trans etc. These tips were on the spare 2.5in exhaust.

I gave away a 2.25in exhaust that had the same tips on them last year.... I didnt realize they were sought after. I can see if I can find them and ask the guy if he'd like to part with them....

When I got the car I got everything from the gts that hadn't been installed- extra exhaust, headers, trans etc. These tips were on the spare 2.5in exhaust.

I gave away a 2.25in exhaust that had the same tips on them last year.... I didnt realize they were sought after. I can see if I can find them and ask the guy if he'd like to part with them....

It's ok. I need one for a 2.5" pipe anyway. I've been looking and cannot find exactly what I am looking for.....but those are it.

You actually lit the fire to find one again and I found one. Thanks! lol

I've driven the car a bit today so here is an update on the spring helpers.

They definitely stiffened up the rear suspension, it is not bottoming out when hitting larger bumps in the road. This is exactly what I was hoping for when getting them. I havent loaded up the trunk with anything so I can't comment on how it will be then. As most know all I have is cheap KYB gas shocks and old springs. For 20 bucks I 100% recommend them. (oreillys has some 1500lb rated ones for $35 as well). If you have the tools and know how you can also get the add a spring kit from summit, which from various threads here and on FBBO those are highly recommended.

Damnit.... my neighbor went out and bought like 8 inflatables today... he is trying to win the Xmas competition...

20201122_200640.jpg

20201122_200721.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a great day and spent ample time with your loved ones. I'm also sorry if your a cowboys fan... actually I didn't watch the game but I heard they didn't do to well..

Took all the tape off and then polished the areas that won't be painted... then retaped it all back up! I'm also hoping the rear bezels turn out nicely as well. Im going to sand and polish all of those as well....

Oh I also got a whole bunch of light bulbs, ill put them in tomorrow and see if my lights come back on.

20201126_230818.jpg

Oh yea... this little one is making herself right at home... my wife is also very jealous of how much more she likes me than her. Anytime she sees me when my wife is holding her she starts whining until my wife lets her go so she can come to me....

Resized_Resized_20201124_185627(1).jpg

Resized_20201124_191159.jpg

20201124_193114.jpg

20201124_193130.jpg

20201126_232223.jpg

I think your blinker switch is shot. Kick the dog a couple times, It'll start liking your wife. Okay... just kidding about the blinker switch. :)

I think your blinker switch is shot. Kick the dog a couple times, It'll start liking your wife. Okay... just kidding about the blinker switch. :)

Great ideas. I'll look for a blinker switch if none of them work tomorrow after I put in the new lights.

I'm pretty sure you can still get the Mopar turn signal switch from the dealership.

-
Back