direct connection style spoiler

-
keagan71 is in the process. i kinda lost interest in cars since my divorce. just getting back at it. i want 2 myself. since i sold my car with the spoiler to my brother and would like one for my car i have now.

It's a cryin shame this never went anywhere!! I want one and if someone could get quality ducktails made and sell em for $75-100+shipping I think they could sell a boatload!!

It's a cryin shame this never went anywhere!! I want one and if someone could get quality ducktails made and sell em for $75-100+shipping I think they could sell a boatload!!

There are now two sellers on eBay that make them. One that makes a replica of the DC spoiler with the mounting holes, and one that makes them smooth to mount from underneath. They typically sell for $150 plus shipping...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1976-Plymouth-Duster-and-Dart-Sport-Rear-Spoiler-/111524734736?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ADuster&hash=item19f7646710&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-76-Dodge-dart-sport-Duster-rear-spoiler-/271679777041?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f41606911&vxp=mtr

Yea I found those 2. If I'm not mistaking the ones made in Louisiana, the smooth ones, aren't too great quality. But I'm not sure.

I ordered one of each. The Louisiana one sucks. It can be used, but a lot of work would need to be done to do it. Definitely not a bolt and go type of product. Heck it doesnt even have mounts underneath it. You would have to make your own and bond them in. The other DC one is very well done. I would recommend that one.

Awesome! Thanks Nodak! I'll definitely save that seller and buy one from them when I'm ready for it!

I have both as well, and an original DC spoiler too. :D

Of the three, the one made by showcarsrob (from Canada) is probably the best. The original DC spoilers are ABS and fairly thin and flexible. Although the one I have isn't cracked, I can see how it would be pretty easy for them to end up that way, especially around the mounting holes. I was thinking about using a high density foam or something similar to fill the DC spoiler before mounting it on the car, but then I found the fiberglass version from showcarsrob. The one made by showcarsrob is a really good fiberglass copy of the DC spoiler, and seems to me like it would hold up better as its a little heavier, a little thicker, and fiberglass instead of ABS. It would still need a some finishing if you wanted to paint it a glossy body color, although I'm going to give it try with a coat or two of plasti-dip and see how that turns out. The "smooth" version from eBay would definitely need some work. It will fit, but the one I got would need some fitting before you could even bolt it on. And it calls to be mounted from the bottom with some lag bolts, which I don't think have any place on cars. I don't think it would be that difficult to take care of, but you'd need to put a little work into it. If you don't like all the mounting screws on the DC or replica DC spoiler, it would still be the way to go as it would be less work to make it fit than to glass over all the mounting holes on the other one.

And yes, eventually I will be selling the extra's, which will probably be the original DC spoiler and the "smooth" copy of it. I do want to get one mounted on my car first though...

That isn't a DC spoiler. The DC one had no divits for screws. It was smooth.

I bought one from DC and it had the divets and came with plastic push rivets. It was also made of PVC. Must have been close to the end.....

I bought one from DC and it had the divets and came with plastic push rivets. It was also made of PVC. Must have been close to the end.....

Yeah I don't know what he's talking about, the DC ones had recesses for the fasteners. I have one of the originals and it has them, and is made of ABS or whatever kind of plastic they were using back then.

Interesting point about the plastic push rivets, I've always seen them attached with screws. That would help explain why they crack so easily when installed with screws. Do you have any of the plastic rivets still? I'd love to see what they look like...

Sweet! Thanks for the review Bryan! I think I'll be buying one from showcarsrob when I'm ready for one!!

I have one that is from Mopar it came with a front air damn I will look to get the part numbers off the box. It does have the dimples in it for screws.

Hi did you ever find a part number on this rear spoiler of yours.
i still need to replace mine and i am hoping i won't have to paint over the holes,
please let me know or if you can tell me where i can buy a new one, thanks so much in advance, Frank In Vancouver BC

I have one that is from Mopar it came with a front air damn I will look to get the part numbers off the box. It does have the dimples in it for screws.

any luck finding any info on who has that rear spoiler? or part number etc..
do you remember it was the one with 10 holes on top and 10 on bottom and fits duster trunk lids?
thanks Frank

anybody with the spoiler from showcarsrob have and decent pictures I've heard good and bad the bad is mostly his business practices. curious to hear what people say because as of right now i have been scared away from buying from him.

anybody with the spoiler from showcarsrob have and decent pictures I've heard good and bad the bad is mostly his business practices. curious to hear what people say because as of right now i have been scared away from buying from him.

I bought one from him on eBay. No issues with his business, the shipping wasn't lightening fast but it was coming from Canadia to the US so I wasn't too worried. ;)

The part itself is a pretty good likeness of the DC piece. Better than the other seller on eBay that makes them without the dimples for the mounting holes. The biggest difference I noticed between the showcarsrob piece and the original is that the showcarsrob spoiler is slightly narrower, there's about a 1/4" of trunk lid showing on either side of the spoiler that isn't there on the original DC spoilers. Not a tragedy, very few people would probably even notice. If you were really picky it would be pretty easy to add some fiberglass. It's not the whole width of the spoiler that's short, the showcarsrob spoiler looks like it was cut off a little too early- it has a square shoulder the last 1/4" or so on the edge, where the DC spoiler tapers smoothly all the way down to the edge.

I actually have all 3 types, one original DC spoiler, the one from showcarsrob and one from the other seller that makes them without the screw dimples. The showcarsrob piece is much closer to the original in fit, and a lot more durable than the original plastic DC spoiler. I think it's about as good as you're going to get with a fiberglass part, seems like no matter what part it is they require a little fit and finish work.

72blunblu firstly i love what you've done with that duster. I'm thinking i may drive the two hours and see if i can get a better look at one of his spoilers (apparently i don't live far from where he operates) but I'm positive that if i get one of his i got to see in in person placed on my car based on the post on this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=304051&highlight=showcarsrob

Anyone know where to get a Direct Connection spoiler now? There isn't even any on ebay..

yes i want a spoiler, just like that one so i don't have to patch all the holes
cheers, frank in vancouver bc

i have found a company fairly close to me that makes molds and then builds product. they can build me a fiberglass hood with cowl induction or any scoop style i want for $300. they will need my hood for a mold. but finished product is 300. will make me a direct connections style spoiler like the one in the picture for 40. the mold will cost me 100. but after that i can get them for 40 dollars. same with like dart sport style scoops. 100 mold then 40-50 dollars. they made the hoods on my cousins camaro and chevelle. nice products. i am seeing if there is any interest in spoilers, hoodscoops etc. here is a picture of the style spoiler- i love these on any duster or dart sport, demon:
please let me know if there is any interest. located in southern missouri..
www.performaglass.com

yes i want a spoiler, just like that one so i don't have to patch all the holes
cheers, (there are 10 rivets on top and 10 on the bottom)
cheers, frank in vancouver bc

Here's some pics of my beast, i've since pulled the 340 and its been rebuilt to a 416 stroker kit and has 6077 aluminum head and roller cam and mopar high rise manifold and will be changing from a 904 to a 727,
I an't wait as it will be lighter than a small block and have the power of a hi perf. big block.

If i can get a rear spoiler i can paint it flat black and replace it and keep the paint as a survivor.
thanks anyone for any help, in advance

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 181
Ya showcarsrob has not responded to my message. I wanted another one.

but i want it with the holes for the rivets.
is he going to make them identical to the ones with the ten holes on top and bottom?
I like the holes actually and i don't want to mold it into the trunk lid.
i want to replace it and paint it satin black.

THE PROBLEM IS,,,,, the originals where made of thin plastic and you can be sure if anyone helped push the car and wasn't aware would brake it as happened to mine.
you can't see it but its broken and many of the holes where the rivets go are ripped out.

any one!! please help me find a replacement!

-
Back