Doc's 76 Four Door Valiant

-
Lookin good, keep up the good work... I'm not sure how ie missed this hemi build, but glad I found it...

Joe

Thanks for the encouragement Joe, getting ready for four day Memorial Day weekend to spend on the Valiant, I'm ready to make some progress!

Restomod evaporator and an aluminum firewall bulkhead to route AC and Heater hoses has arrived in a way cool box. Once the location of this thing is sorted out I can pull the hemi/trans out and get the Valiant on the rotisserie and finish my multitude of welding chores.
RestomodAC_zps065a9c13.jpg

I scored a drivers side fresh air vent on eBay, will need to fab up an opening/mounting ring to duplicate the opening on the passenger side that is already in place. This Valiant was originally an AC car so it never had a fresh air vent on either side (OEM evaporator connected to the passenger side fresh air vent). I still want the fresh air system to work, so I'm adding the vents since the Restomod system just recirculates air.
FreshAirVentOpen_zpsc98585ba.jpg

Anyone have a passenger side fresh air vent for sale or trade?

Sorting out a US Car Tools rotisserie kit, lot's of drilling and welding to do. Dropped off the upper support arms at the machine shop to have the 1 1/2 diameter holes for the rotator spindles drilled out, scheduled to be done this Friday, so, I have the Memorial Day holiday to assemble this thing and hopefully have the Valiant on the rotisserie for the next phase of work.
RotisserieLockAssemblyLaidOutampMarked_zps08e81234.jpg

Started welding but ran out of gas for the Mig, and of course it's on a holiday so the welders supply is closed.
SpotWeldingAngleBrackets_zps7b664a4e.jpg

Still have to sort out where the bulkhead will be located on the firewall to route AC and heater hoses:
EvaporatorBoxMounted2_zpsfc0e2f55.jpg

Anyone have a passenger side fresh air vent for sale or trade?

The right side fresh air box was part of the original heater box assembly.....only options you have is to fabricate one, use a left driver side box (read where some have done this but the the door open the wrong way and the box might be a little turned) or locate a rare original one from a 67-76 heater delete a-body car....

BTW, sweet build, that's gonna be one sweet ride :prayer:

Rotisserie is all but done, still need to deal with some details and install mounting points on the Valiant. Meantime I'm ordering a Flaming River steering column/connections, a Wilwood master cylinder and bulkhead connections for the AC and heater firewall connections. After all that is fitted I will be ready to drop the hemi out from under the car and mount the rotisserie. Then it's on to metal work and more welding for a while.
IMAG1796_BURST002_zps47239ba9.jpg

On Fathers Day I finally got the Valiant on the rotisserie and balanced, and it works great with the garage door shut or opened so I am really happy with how it turned out. Now I can reach all the places I couldn't, here is some of what I am working on now:
IMAG1936_zps235796fd.jpg

-
Back