Dog owners need to see this

-
***UPDATE***

The wife works for the news network covering this,says they have petitioned it all day and the dog is still alive.I dont think the owners should be able to keep it under the circumstances but i still dont want to see it die for no reason other than owner neglect.Theres a ton of members on this site,anything we can do to help prevent this?

My terrible two say let him free to a good home.

Maybe send a link to this thread to the local newspaper ? We ARE very trustworthy, I mean hey, look at this pic.

jsw_img_1266.jpg

allie not a status dog they were going to put her to sleep and i did not want than to happen and yes people get bit all the time buddy bites my kids all the time over food.other than both my neibors know one know i have her. this makes me feel beter when i,m don,t home.

I wish more people felt the same way about fostering kids as they do animals.

Exactly, 'spaz.

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs. Grew up with 'em, had them as companions. Try to take my Sassy away and have a fight on your hands.

But, sorry, folks, I can't get truly upset any more when I hear things like this. Is the law stupid? Yup, from a justice stand point it is. The dog pays because of the stupidity of the owners? Maybe it's because of my life experience, that I truly can't grieve for the life of a pet.

No knock on folks here. I've seen the responses to threads about children getting hurt or suffering. But when organizations like PETA or the SPCA are soaking up so much donations that could possibly go to help children I have to shake my head.

Where's the disconnect for someone? Why give so much money to the animal organizations and ignore organizations out there to protect children?

I don't want to start any flaming. I just wonder.

Hey Dan, I tried to see it from your point of view but I can't stick my head up my ***! You have mastered this move, eh? LMAO!

Good one Dave..i guess ,, your fascination with the male butt and all,,,,,LMAO. Funny how these posts can go from a comment to someone being called a name or whatever. Cant a person just comment on someones elses post without the name calling .. Sounds like typical grade school stuff. Guess thats the way it goes.

Dan, the topic of this thread was the injustice of putting a dog down because of it's breed. Others chimed in on the bad law or the irresponsibility of the owners. So when your comment is that you "pretty much pellet or slingshot any loose dog or cat I see", you can't understand why that would rub other people the wrong way?

So let's see...you see a dog trotting down the road. You don't recognize him, so you don't know his owner. He's not hurting anyone, and you don't know if his owner was irresponsible, or if just maybe, he got loose when a gardener left the gate open or he dug out from under the fence for the first time. It wouldn't occur to you that maybe the dog is lost or scared. According to your post, you just arbitrarily pick up your pellet gun and shoot him.

And God knows, that cat you see is a menace to society! It also deserves to be shot...

I stand by my comment. You are a moron.

Yes fish if your dog is loose in MY yard it gets popped..it runs out ,,hopefully to not return. Dont believe in picking up my garbage or poop left behind by others dogs on the loose. Done it to many times. Its pretty basic stuff, I know its hard for some to pick up, but then again a moron has that problem huh Fish...heheh... Anyways,,enough of that..,hows the mopar coming along? My 72 Dart is in pieces and im moving in 2 years to Missouri. Im leaning toward towing it.

cudaspasz i hate to say i,ve seen people get more than one foster kids just to get that check from the state every month. they don,t really wanting the kids just the check. and if some moron is out drinking are walking around the hood or reving there car up i let allie in the house so she won,t bark all night. i got her more for my boys than me

i feel safer with allie in the back yard with the stupid pettas out there at lease the kids are some what safe, or they have a place to run and hide. plus i keep the demon back there too. she look tough but only in the fence in yard

P1011604.jpg

Exactly, 'spaz.

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs. Grew up with 'em, had them as companions. Try to take my Sassy away and have a fight on your hands.

But, sorry, folks, I can't get truly upset any more when I hear things like this. Is the law stupid? Yup, from a justice stand point it is. The dog pays because of the stupidity of the owners? Maybe it's because of my life experience, that I truly can't grieve for the life of a pet.

No knock on folks here. I've seen the responses to threads about children getting hurt or suffering. But when organizations like PETA or the SPCA are soaking up so much donations that could possibly go to help children I have to shake my head.

Where's the disconnect for someone? Why give so much money to the animal organizations and ignore organizations out there to protect children?

I don't want to start any flaming. I just wonder.

Some people help helpless animals, some people help helpless children, the difference I see between the two is the parents of the children weren't helpless, they are the ones responsible for creating their offspring.

Now I understand not all parentless children were the offspring of irresponsible parents and it's never the childrens fault, but it's not the animals fault either, they are after all animals that don't posess a real thinking and reasoning cerebral cortex like humans are supposed to have.

Starving children and neglected and abused animals will always be with us, as will the poor. Tragedy and suffering are part of the human condition, it won't change. I'm personally glad there are people that will help with children and people that will help with animals. If you can't see why people would help abused or neglected animals then I can only assume you have never experienced the true agape love that a dog or cat can give.

Enjoy your stay at the local jail, dan.
It's not legal to arbitrarily shoot dogs, even if they steal your hot dogs!

http://www.adn.com/2010/05/27/1297405/pregnant-dog-steals-franks-from.html

so Guitar, I must assume you are adopting a child or two or are you just judging people who like animals? I don't get it. Are we not free to do with our money as we please? Is donating to a worthy cause (very subjective here!) supposed to be voted on, submitted to you or can we just choose for ourselves? lol

8) :thumbup: Great idea. I can't take him, but I hope someone else can. My lil 10# pup plays daily with the sweetest, cutest 50# pitbull. I need to get a picture of them playing :-D

Punish or fine the owners for the violations, not the dog.....Jeez, what are they thinking. :angry7:

Go after the owners,exactly!The dog did nothing wrong.What are they thinking?They dont.We actually pay people for this.By choice,no,not exactly.

Dan, the topic of this thread was the injustice of putting a dog down because of it's breed. Others chimed in on the bad law or the irresponsibility of the owners. So when your comment is that you "pretty much pellet or slingshot any loose dog or cat I see", you can't understand why that would rub other people the wrong way?

So let's see...you see a dog trotting down the road. You don't recognize him, so you don't know his owner. He's not hurting anyone, and you don't know if his owner was irresponsible, or if just maybe, he got loose when a gardener left the gate open or he dug out from under the fence for the first time. It wouldn't occur to you that maybe the dog is lost or scared. According to your post, you just arbitrarily pick up your pellet gun and shoot him.

And God knows, that cat you see is a menace to society! It also deserves to be shot...

I stand by my comment. You are a moron.

Ya,i dont see why all the negative coments keep coming out against this,WTF!I see this on the news and think thats not right.Figure i should share so everyone knows whats going on out there.I'm not trying to debate the right dog to have verses the wrong dog if there is such thing.Its a preference,as in guns,knifes,swords,grenades or what ever you
care to possess,there ALL deadly in the wrong hands.Off subject but that appears what most care about here.

Picked up my dart from storage today,didnt run too bad for having 90+ degree heat and 120 percent humidity.

Some people help helpless animals, some people help helpless children, the difference I see between the two is the parents of the children weren't helpless, they are the ones responsible for creating their offspring.

Now I understand not all parentless children were the offspring of irresponsible parents and it's never the childrens fault, but it's not the animals fault either, they are after all animals that don't posess a real thinking and reasoning cerebral cortex like humans are supposed to have.

Starving children and neglected and abused animals will always be with us, as will the poor. Tragedy and suffering are part of the human condition, it won't change. I'm personally glad there are people that will help with children and people that will help with animals. If you can't see why people would help abused or neglected animals then I can only assume you have never experienced the true agape love that a dog or cat can give.

Actually, GJ, I can understand this from a dog. Not a cat. My cat is standoffish, loving only when the little SOB wants something....Poor attempt at humor. Not really. He's genuinely excited when he crawls on my lap looking to be petted. Sassy is named just that. She's playful to the point of being obnoxious, but loves to just sit and be petted and likes to give kisses, too, even if I'm not in the mood. She's full of love even when I'm not. And that helps brighten my day.

But, like I said, my life experiences show me a different outlook on life. Sassy is a dog with finite potential. She'll be a companion, but she can't be my child. She can't replace the daughter I lost, a life I helped create, and a life I watched, helplessly, slip away.

Maybe that's why I sit in wonder when I see the Toys for Tots bin at a local store sit half empty most of the Christmas season while the donation bin for the local SPCA overflows.

ramenth, I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the pain of losing one of my children. But they are my children and I'd do anything for my children just as you would for yours. But we all spend money on stuff (cars) that could really go to hungry and poor children, where do you draw the line.

I volunteer at an animal sanctuary for abused, neglected, unwanted, handicapped and unadoptable animals that have suffered at the hands of brutal, uncaring and despicable people. Through these people these animals have only known suffering and torment when all they wanted to do was love. We the humans are responsible for domesticating these animals which leaves them unable to function in the wild. They are dependant on us for food, shelter, and medical attention, and we made them that way. It's our responsibility to care for them now.

Sure you can say they are just dogs or cats but they are all God's creatures. Put here for us for many purposes but not to be abused.

All the dogs I've had in my life were rescue dogs, either from bad homes or a shelter of some sort and I can tell you everyone of those animals would give their life for me, they were grateful, thankful, loyal, and loving. They knew what I did for them, they never forgot it and they let me know it everyday of their lives.

Humans could learn a lot from them.

Is what this woman does any less significant because she does it with animals?

Journey's End thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=104159

ramenth, I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the pain of losing one of my children. But they are my children and I'd do anything for my children just as you would for yours. But we all spend money on stuff (cars) that could really go to hungry and poor children, where do you draw the line.

I volunteer at an animal sanctuary for abused, neglected, unwanted, handicapped and unadoptable animals that have suffered at the hands of brutal, uncaring and despicable people. Through these people these animals have only known suffering and torment when all they wanted to do was love. We the humans are responsible for domesticating these animals which leaves them unable to function in the wild. They are dependant on us for food, shelter, and medical attention, and we made them that way. It's our responsibility to care for them now.

Sure you can say they are just dogs or cats but they are all God's creatures. Put here for us for many purposes but not to be abused.

All the dogs I've had in my life were rescue dogs, either from bad homes or a shelter of some sort and I can tell you everyone of those animals would give their life for me, they were grateful, thankful, loyal, and loving. They knew what I did for them, they never forgot it and they let me know it everyday of their lives.

Humans could learn a lot from them.

Is what this woman does any less significant because she does it with animals?

Journey's End thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=104159

And I respect and admire you for it, GJ, I really do. My family has personally taken on animals which were considered "throw away" by others. Several dogs and more cats than I care to remember. One dog was rescued out of a freezing apartment in the middle of winter by my former best friend, abandoned by his stepdaughter who had moved and left the dog with no heat, no water, no food. The dog was given to my mother and then my sister and lived to be a ripe old age of 17.

I've had more All-American's than any other breed and consider them to be the most loyal and loving of dogs. But hardly the most adoptable and often ignored by those searching for dogs.

And I understand what you're saying about all of us here spending money on our projects. I pray that my participation and administration of ministries through various churches have made a difference in people's lives. Money and time well spent, I believe.

Like the rest of us who give of our time and finances I always worry that it's not enough.

-
Back