FABO calender

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting in my two cents, but has anyone seen a Snap-on calender lately? Usually the month has one "feature" car, then is surrounded by a collage of others. I know the debate is raging over women, "real" pics, family pics, etc, but has anyone thought of the idea of doing such a feature a la Snap-on for this one being bandied about? Take a nice member car, show worthy, whatever, but a project that is "done," and surround it with a collage of project cars for each month? As the years progress, we can watch those project cars morph into "feature" cars? Just an idea.

I that that is a very good idea. My wife mentioned to me this morning about the 4 cars per page also but then went on to say it needed coupons on the back cover from advertisers/vendors as well to help cover the cost some. She's dangerous in the mornings.:-D

We spoke about that as well and that what I feel we should do, multiple cars per month. No people,No bickering, No hard feelings.

There are over 10,000 members, and I know others have suggested leaving the select 12 up to member voting (which is fair), but this gets everyone involved, not just those who's cars have been featured in magazines, on TV, etc. Personally, I would get a kick out of looking back on the years and seeing such and such's ride go from rat's nest to glory. Making the calender as a "feature" car would be feather for the guys who have worked hard to make it that way. They might get a kick out of seeing their own ride progress over the years in such a manner, too, not just in the personal scrapbook. And the new members would be able to see that all phases of work would be appreciated by everyone.
Say for instance, one month might be dedicated to, say, just Demons. Take a vote on the best looking Demon, by consensus of member voting, then surround it with pics of Demons in the process, from those just dragged out a field to those nearing completion. I know you know what I'm talking about, Adam, just clarifying for others.
It puts the emphasis on the car itself.
By way of compromise, though, leave it up to the feature car owner as to how his or her car is photographed with the mods having final say for tastefulness, knowing that the emphasis on the site is family oriented?

GEEZ lol definatly leave me out.....it's just to much back and forth.

Yes, I agree it's getting messy BUT there are a lot of opinions to consider and legalities that must be addressed in order to cover FABO and the members. Unfortunately, there are a lot more steps to it than simply smiling pretty for the camera. Everyone relax.... the mods will make the best decision for the FABO board, even if it means canning the whole idea.

Yes, I agree it's getting messy BUT there are a lot of opinions to consider and legalities that must be addressed in order to cover FABO and the members. Unfortunately, there are a lot more steps to it than simply smiling pretty for the camera. Everyone relax.... the mods will make the best decision for the FABO board, even if it means canning the whole idea.

Hear, hear!

The best part about this entire thing is that if it comes to bear we should be able to get enough for the new server that we desperately need.

The mods are deciding what it's going to be so until then lets all just sit back and enjoy our great site.

i can find some fig leaves and braid my hair lol ;) Not so sure she had a Mopar tatt. though lol

i'll just pretend the tat isn't there..lol. braided pig tails.. ohhh the thoughts going through my head right now...
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Just My opinion but this is forabodiesonly.com I don't recall turning down members for lack of an a body....really if they are a member here it should be game on but showin up with a chevy ferd or a ricer ain't gonna fly...amc's are adopted as far as I know but this is merely my opinion,I don't wanna leave out nobody and my opinion is stated on the other calender thread before I read this thread so hope ya'll don't egg my car or torture me with pic's of camaro's brand breakfast cereal....

As in any project of this size that would include all members, you are going to get a lot of opinions. To me, that's a good thing. I think the chief's are listening and weighing all ideas that have been presented here. I personally like the idea of a feature car of the month, surrounded by other cars of the same model in various stages of restoration. I also thought maybe a collage of the feature car's trip from field ornament to calendar star. If it were not for all the good ideas put forth here in the discussion phase, this idea might not take flight. It's not a train wreck, it's just in the "bench racing" stage right now. Give these ideas and the chief time to organize this, it's a great idea and one worthy of pursuing. JMO, Geof

Just My opinion but this is forabodiesonly.com I don't recall turning down members for lack of an a body....really if they are a member here it should be game on but showin up with a chevy ferd or a ricer ain't gonna fly...amc's are adopted as far as I know but this is merely my opinion,I don't wanna leave out nobody and my opinion is stated on the other calender thread before I read this thread so hope ya'll don't egg my car or torture me with pic's of camaro's brand breakfast cereal....

SO can I have my rampage in the calender then? ](*,) I'm kidding of course.

But people, back on subject.

I think it would be a good idea to have the calender made with both men and women members of the forum and their cars. What the women want to wear should be their option as long as it's appropriate to be seen by all ages (I dont think we'd have a problem with our members not being tasteful, just sayin).

The ONLY thing that should determine whose car gets into the calender should be the pictures!!! The people that submit the best and most artistic photos should be the ones who get into the calender, plain and simple. Somone could have a nicer car but if your pictures look like crap then your pics shouldnt be considered.

And I really wish I could get some of your cars on our penninsula here on erie, would be able to take some GREAT pics here on the beach and at the dock and such.

Cosig is right on as usual with this calender just being in the bench racin stage,a lot of good ideas and discussion to help put together a really good calender as opposed to a so-so calender.we just don't do so-so here do we???so keep the idea's and opinions coming because that is how the best is done!Hopefully we can all be part of it in some way,I don't care what day it is but a kewl calender for the shop I'll buy,I alway's get a calender for christmas and hate to say it but not all of them get hung in the shop....gotta have mopar's to make the grade if you know what I mean. :cheers:

I'm with WAGGIN on Cosgig's post. Geof touched on a few details we've been discussing. We WANT to see this happen, but it can't go on for another 7 pages of people debating what hasn't been fully planned out yet. Everyone knows we're thinking about it. Just sit tight while we decide what's gonna work for the people organizing this project. We all have full time jobs, family, and personal lives. It might take a few days, maybe a week or so, before we have a game plan.

And please, no more requests for Beaver pelts.....
:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back