Fat Blue Fish Build

-
Yea.......I stopped working on the car in order to work on the trailer to haul the partially completed car.

If you mean it will be hauled home from the beat down it will receive if it ever runs then I agree.....It will be a trailer car..

You are so cold sometimes.

And how come when you come over to work on my car nothing gets done.....But when I come over to work on your car you do nothing and yet things get done on both cars.......?

Seems like I do all the work and you do all the jawing.....What? I cant hear you...and where is my last two beers?

Only after I work on it.....Confused one, tell him how I have to come over every time you wanna drive so I can tighten the coil wire or adjust the loose ground strap.......What?

Cause I don't have that button thingy.....I looked in all my books but I can't seem to find out how or where that part goes.

I am installing the headliner this week.....trying to make a career out of it.

It keeps raining here and I don't want to mess with glue in a wet environment......thats just asking for trouble.

If you don;t believe me ask the guys that are still trying (2weeks later) to get the sealer to stay on my basement floors.

They are about to have to completely strip the floor for the third time.:munky2:

Floor guys are still here....they ruined the floor by taking all the limestone out of the top layer so now the stain wont react.....lucky me they are still here for the rest of the week.

A 2 day job that is 3 weeks going.

F me.

Anyway my camera is still down so I am telling you what is done.

I finally got the headliner installed. I was very nervous....like a ho in church.

I finally went for it and honestly on a small car like this it was pretty easy.

I glued and used small clamps to help me then stretched it over the teeth on the front and back and it looks great. I had to dye it first as it was lighter in shade by a lot. SEM upholstery dye..works awesome FYI.

So today is the day I take it back to the shop to have the glass put back in and tidy up a few more loose ends.

I hope to have it back by next week at this time so I can finish it. I mean it.

Mop

100_2389w.jpg

I Better keep on it.....I had to go down to the shop today and help install my windshield as they are to friggin busy??????

I also installed the A-pillar moldings the between a-b molding and the b moldings after I helped install then clean the windshield.

I wish I had some help like you got...hell SRT8-Cuda, you would do in a pinch.

I swear if you get done before me you will be drafted into the finish the fat blue fish army and I will be driving the buss up to pick you up.

I'm quitting my day job again Friday to keep on the man and get it done......I thought if I paid for help it would make a diff......not.

Boys, get it together.....they will work on Mustangs and Camaro's all day long and never *****...bring em a mopar and its over...how do I install the windshield? Why is the weatherstrip so different? Why can't this be like a Camaro?

Cause its a nice car....not some POS.

Mop

I thought you fell off the edge of the earth for a moment. Don't get in a hurry .... keep it a hobby!

Yes.....hobby.

Sad thing is that I really want to at least get the motor runnin.......head out on the highway........looking for adventure.....and whatever comes my way.........

I'm sorry....I digress.

I wanted to make the all MOPAR show here on the 28th that's on the dirty MO river...pretty cool......with this car.

I already know that's not happening the right way.

It's a hobby......not a job...........right you are.

SO ....I go in the Bee.......bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....cough cough, spew...lerch......wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom....I will relax and enjoy this last part of the build.

And yes.....I did fall off......into a bad hole for a while........bad economy and bad people are our worst enemy's....that and letting them get in your way.....I got a bigger fly swatter so I'm better now.

Thanks for paying attention....good karma your way and to all.

Mop

PS.....I know you know that I made a comment about lime green cars......truth is..........I rode and raced KAWASAKI's for a many years and bled lime green for a time........when they dumped Jeff Emig (local boy(Champion MX and SX'r) for some minor infraction and ruined his golden years I got dissed.....and switched to HONDA...then POLARI(USA>USA>USA)

He and I got the last laugh by the way.......as some of you know he comment's for SPEED channel during supercross series. I bet big green is licking his boots now!

Anywho....I love your car the look is very cool .....AAR 60's flair.

And I really do still like lime green.....or sassy grass.....or sublime...including the band and the actual word.

Mop

Video.....yea I still have some camera issues.

Maybe I send you some polaroid's of it that you can look at and I could call you up and you can listen while I rev it up.=P~ You'll have to use your imagination to fill in the blanks....like me runnin around high fivin anyone with a hand and cursin and hootin and hollerin....sprayin Miller all over everyone.......I guess I could do that over the phone as well......

I have surgery on my mouth first (root canal gone bad)......then I go try to start it later today.

Wish me luck.

Mop

Quit yer whining and get back to work. Fattie don't give a damn about yer mouth. Hell, when I was yer age.............

What...oh the weekend is over...

Yea beaches.....It started and ran today...!!!!!...sounded great...even had a lope in it at 2000rpm that is until I discovered that we somehow had disconnected the #2 plug wire.

So we put it back on and the SHIZ starter.....POWER MONSTER JUNK went out.

3 start tries and it shot shiz....now you know why Chebby guys are always buying starters.

I have a MOPAR mini starter on the way.....sorry I went there with the Powerobber.

One leak at the freakin thermostat housing....go figure.

Thats it.

Shut down and going back for try #2 tomorrow.

Be lookin for the vid soon......as soon as I get a camera again. Psych.

Mop

Wow, just read the thread from start to finish.

That is one of my favorite cuda body styles, you're doing an awesome job on your build.

Lot's of great idea's, I really like the exhaust cutouts, car sounds bitchin.

Look forward to more pics and vids.

-
Back