Figured id share my garbage..

-
Did you pull both axles out of it? I’d be surprised if one of em ain’t broke. Hopefully not and just a diff rebuild will get it back going.

Did you pull both axles out of it? I’d be surprised if one of em ain’t broke. Hopefully not and just a diff rebuild will get it back going.

Both axles out, either my eyes are bad or the splines were twisted in the slightest bit but not broken. One axle had a ton of end play, bearing on the other feels a bit wonky spinning it so I bought axles anyways. I’ll look closer at some point this week. Both tubes have the fancy metal paste in them. Probably be pulling the center in the next few days and then the housing.

Both axles out, either my eyes are bad or the splines were twisted in the slightest bit but not broken. One axle had a ton of end play, bearing on the other feels a bit wonky spinning it so I bought axles anyways. I’ll look closer at some point this week. Both tubes have the fancy metal paste in them. Probably be pulling the center in the next few days and then the housing.
Interesting. I have some parts, and a housing. Let me know if I can help.

Interesting. I have some parts, and a housing. Let me know if I can help.

Just gonna pull the housing to make cleaning easier. Once I see what is/isn’t broke I’ll decide which way to go with it. But it should like the gear change so I guess that’s a positive note.

You’re a visionary.
So it’s a bearing or a gear set. I’d say that’s best case scenario, easy fix.

Congratulations on the engagement!

That 10” if its like mine it will go probably high 3’s low 4k with you hp on the brake. Mine is 4400 when I let go and the dump valve closes.

Hyguard dropped my converter slip from 35% to 3% at 1200 whp. So I am not what that guy is talking about.

Congratulations on the engagement!

That 10” if its like mine it will go probably high 3’s low 4k with you hp on the brake. Mine is 4400 when I let go and the dump valve closes.

Hyguard dropped my converter slip from 35% to 3% at 1200 whp. So I am not what that guy is talking about.
Thanks buddy.

The car is still on a foot brake so who knows what it’ll do it. One of these days I’ll keep it together long enough to get it to the track.

There’s probably 70% HyGard in the car plus the new converter and I’m extremely happy with it.

Forgot how heavy these things are when you’re laying on the ground. Glitter everywhere in the rear end. That’s a +/-100 mile gear set. Bearings all appear fine. I know more when it’s apart.

IMG_7422.jpeg

IMG_7417.jpeg

I would think a slight bend or twist in an axle shaft could make it turn under power. Especially with a spool, as no forgiveness side to side. Good all was safe. Time to replace some parts and upgrade others

You sure the diff was properly set up? That's a bit of magic to me. One of the few things I tend to send to a shop that I trust.

Hows the ring gear look? For it to stop turning one wheel it would have to have lost the splines on the axle or spool. I have seen axles not have hardly any engagement and then break when a good amount of power is applied.

You sure the diff was properly set up? That's a bit of magic to me. One of the few things I tend to send to a shop that I trust.
It was setup by someone that’s been doing it for about 100 years. Did a ton of other local cars. I won’t say it was or wasn’t properly set up as anything can happen and I’m certainly not a diff guy.

Hows the ring gear look? For it to stop turning one wheel it would have to have lost the splines on the axle or spool. I have seen axles not have hardly any engagement and then break when a good amount of power is applied.

I’ll grab a photo of the ring gear here in a bit. All teeth and splines were accounted for when I looked. I’m scratching my head on this one.

-
Back