Figured id share my garbage..

-
Finally wrestled the trans down after seriously considering buying a low profile trans jack, building something, and even bothering @TT5.9mag (he’s really a rad guy if you haven’t met him)

Not sure if I’ll start reassembly tonight or save it for another day.

IMG_6700.jpeg

Dice pro mod series 10” versus 10” billet from TCS, worked great when the car was N/A.
IMG_6701.jpeg

Don’t go spreading rumors about me now. People may start to believe you.

Finally buttoned up the convertor change. No leaks, topped off the fluid, cruised it around. Initial cruise the car feels better, convertor doesn’t feel near as loose as the old one. Have to really work the brakes now to try and load the motor up. Rolled into it in 2nd, destroyed the radials, grabbed high gear and could hear an actual shift now and continued to leave stripes till I lifted. Car is certainly much rowdier now.

IMG_6730.jpeg

So, basically what started years ago with "wonder how much abuse itll take" and me beating on my NA smogger 440, its not somehow grown into a stealth headed, single billet 80mm (T6 divided, 1.32ar) vs racing turbo.

Basic run down from top to bottom: Dual needle and seat CSU 850, swap meet special 60 dollar team G manifold, OOTB stealth heads (didnt even really look at them, just threw copper spray on the cometics and slapped them on) completely stock bottom end '74 440, I didnt gap the rings, I half checked a rod bearing when I did the rear main seal, and its got a .509 cam stabbed in it. I had a cam ground for the combo, but let's face it, ill never install it. Stainless 2.5" hotside (didnt go 3" to keep the velocity up since its a foot brake street car) then the nice topper is a 4" fender dump. Im "that guy" and thatll probably never change. Plan is pump e85, start off around 10-12psi and cross my fingers with it.

A true, untouched low mileage short block that got fogged street hemi orange.
View attachment 1715769838

View attachment 1715769839

View attachment 1715769840
Few years ago, na 440, 68 front clip dirty road on a 26x8.5 slick
View attachment 1715769841

View attachment 1715769842

View attachment 1715769843

View attachment 1715769844

View attachment 1715769845

View attachment 1715769846

View attachment 1715769847
Okay I was just making sure it was your car I commented on YouTube.

Well, today was going good. After almost 9 years I decided to make it official.

Then of course, celebrate and go beat on the hotrod right? Somewhere around 6200 in high gear it decided to make a hard left (haven’t found anything broken on it yet but it was a violent left, can see where the left rear stopped leaving a mark.) quick visual inspection and nothing is hurt on it. Fired it up and drove it home. Just glad the car is ok-ish and I only pooped myself a little. Most importantly the better half wasn’t riding with me when it happened.

IMG_2776.jpeg

IMG_6948.jpeg

Then of course, celebrate and go beat on the hotrod right? Somewhere around 6200 in high gear it decided to make a hard left (haven’t found anything broken on it yet but it was a violent left, can see where the left rear stopped leaving a mark.) quick visual inspection and nothing is hurt on it. Fired it up and drove it home. Just glad the car is ok-ish and I only pooped myself a little. Most importantly the better half wasn’t riding with me when it happened.

View attachment 1716186593

View attachment 1716186594
Congratulations ! 9 years is a long enough time to figure out it will work for sure lol.

Congrats brother, that's awesome on the engagement. Also hopefully everything it good on the car too

View attachment 1716186593

View attachment 1716186594
The chicken in the background makes it!!! Congrats!!

Generally not want you want to see after sticking a finger in your rear end. But hey, it needed a gear change anyways.

IMG_7404.jpeg

-
Back