Figured id share my garbage..

-
Is that the station off hamner? If it is do they still offer the 100 octane unleaded? Both cars look awesome.

Don’t know what fans you’re running or how much room you have, but you may want to look into running a c7 corvette fan or 11-15 Chevy volt fans. They’re both SPAL brushless fans that can be PWM-. The c7 fan is 14” and 600watts. The volt fans are dual 12” and 300watts a piece. Both setups should give 3-4000cfm on full tilt. If you really have the room 2016+ Camaro SS fans are the ones to have. 19” 850watts. Moves close to 5000cfm. If you want part numbers I can give them to you. Can get them straight from GM for less than $300 and are far better than any aftermarket fan you could purchase. And cheaper too.

Don’t know what fans you’re running or how much room you have, but you may want to look into running a c7 corvette fan or 11-15 Chevy volt fans. They’re both SPAL brushless fans that can be PWM-. The c7 fan is 14” and 600watts. The volt fans are dual 12” and 300watts a piece. Both setups should give 3-4000cfm on full tilt. If you really have the room 2016+ Camaro SS fans are the ones to have. 19” 850watts. Moves close to 5000cfm. If you want part numbers I can give them to you. Can get them straight from GM for less than $300 and are far better than any aftermarket fan you could purchase. And cheaper too.

I have a northern radiator with their SPAL fan/shroud combo. Very space limited so I had to get their smaller fans. I don’t want to cut the core support and move the radiator but it’s looking like I’ll have to.

It’s one of the ones on hamner, right by the DMV. This station has 87-91, diesel and E85.
I think that was the one, probably swapped it out for the E85. Its been long time since I was filled up out at that one lol.
As far as cooling fans my set up produces a total of 6000cfm and pretty low amp draw with 4 7" fans from CFR, and they are just out in Ontario ca, they produce 1500cfm with just 3 amp draw
7" HIGH PERFORMANCE ELECTRIC RADIATOR COOLING FAN - FLAT BLADE

Last edited:

I’ll take the part numbers for the volt fans, please. Do you run a Chevy fan controller with them?

GM part# 84153646. The module is built into the motor so power, ground, and then your PWM- signal will be your 3 terminations. I’m running Holley efi so I can do it through the Holley. If you aren’t running Holley or another efi system you will need a controller. Set them to 100 or 128hz. 15% duty cycle will get them turning, 90% duty cycle is wide open. If you go to say 95% duty cycle they will shut off. This setup is going to pull right at 40amps so size your wire and relays accordingly.

I’ll take the part numbers for the volt fans, please. Do you run a Chevy fan controller with them?
Also the assembly fits a 26” radiator almost perfectly. Whack the factory mounting tabs off the ends and either rivet or drill holes and bolt to your mounting points on the radiator you have.

Pulled the shroud off the car and put the fans directly on the radiator. Been sick but took the car to breakfast and to see a couple buddies. Cooler day but the car ran 180-185 the whole time while doing some pulls, definitely a step in the correct direction.

IMG_6440.jpeg

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6472.jpeg

Drove the car to hang out with @TT5.9mag yesterday and watch him work on his dart. Cars been munching on a little oil when it’s cold, turning the coolant dark and smelling like exhaust but overall still pulling strong for the stock junk it is. I’m going the lazy route and will retorque the heads and go from there. The backup motor is looking more and more friendly as the days go on. Good news is the convertor is ordered and hopefully this junk will live long enough for a few 660’ hits and get some data on it.

IMG_6597.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

So far the passenger side is retorqued. 6 of the 17 weren’t where they should be. Onto the drivers side.

Also, the high dollar valve train on this hotrod so everyone can see the space age parts.

IMG_6612.jpeg

Thought I was the only one running stamp steel rockers still. How long for converter?

If they’re not broken, don’t fix them. But you know, there’s options that are light years better than these.

No word yet on the convertor arrival. Hope the motor will stay together long enough for it to show

Sure there's better options but those things will handle plenty of abuse.

Caught the tail end of a gathering at a bbq spot in town last night (good excuse to drive the car and eat good food) car felt pretty strong in the cool air. Just enjoying throwing some miles on it while I wait for the convertor.

IMG_6627.jpeg

Took the hoopties out today. Also at the request of @TT5.9mag remaining anonymous I blurred him from the second photo.

Show was smaller than last time but still good to get out and hang out with some friends

IMG_6642.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

Just noticed the gold wheels, love those. Remind me of 80s style wheels or the new alfa gulia wheels.

Security is still looking for me I hear. I’m pretty sure Chris blurred me because my fat belly wanted to remain anonymous. You had to be there.

-
Back