FiTech EFI system

-
Great reference pics! My fuel center shipped yesterday and should have it next Thursday.

Thanks, I guess I'm kinda screwed on that location. That's where the filter/dryer from my AC is.

Because at wide open throttle the air velocity is so great that even with a carb the fuel is atomized very well.
One disadvantage w/ a carb is that it uses the venturi effect to suck in and atomize the fuel so requires a pressure difference to operate, thus a small throat to get that. With a properly designed venturi, much of the pressure is recovered so you can approach atmospheric pressure in the intake at WOT. With EFI, the throttle body throat can be much larger and doesn't need to form a venturi, so in theory you could get almost atmospheric pressure at WOT. A vacuum gage would tell you the exact loss for both.

Of course, if you install a super or turbo-charger, you make whatever manifold pressure your engine can handle (albeit higher combustion heat). That brute-force overcomes all carb venturi and intake valve limitations. Slant racers have shown how well that works on a head that flows poorly when relying on sucking atmospheric air.

Thanks, I guess I'm kinda screwed on that location. That's where the filter/dryer from my AC is.

If you are not entirely "resto correct" you might be able to move the dryer into the wheel well.

Well this is one of the reasons I went to EFI..

It;s only 8 degrees here in Winnipeg today.. that s 46 Farenheit. Car started right up and warmed up without a hiccup.. Will keep you posted on even colder weather starting and driving as I intend to test it as our winter approaches.

Does anyone have pics of Fuel Command Center in the battery area?? I don't have the room in the passenger side with my coil, horn, catch can and washer bottle there.

Thanks

I ordered my EFI and command center from Pace last week. Got an email stating that they should be arriving on 11/5/2015

I received my Fuel Command Center (which had been back ordered) last Friday. Now just gotta mock everything up.

I just placed my order yesterday. She said it was going to be like 2 weeks. :wack:

Can anyone tell me what size of hose they used for the vapor vent hose from the command center back to their gas tank? Or did anyone install it and not run the vent line?

I have not starting mocking it up; however, the instruction say you must use vent line which no further guidance is offered. I'd guess it's up to you to come up with something

I started mine up with out the vent line hook up...it was splashing gas out of the vent...I called and they said that was normal and that is why you need the vent line hooked up...

the splash is caused by the pulses from the mechanical fuel pump....and it was worst with a holley high volume pump

I just placed my order yesterday. She said it was going to be like 2 weeks. :wack:

Both the command centers and the 600 horse units are in stock

Last edited:
I started mine up with out the vent line hook up...it was splashing gas out of the vent...I called and they said that was normal and that is why you need the vent line hooked up...

the splash is caused by the pulses from the mechanical fuel pump....and it was worst with a holley high volume pump

did you ever get yours running right ?

Same price, free shipping, detailed tech support, and quality customer service....only reseller carrying them. Not avail at jegs, summit, or anywhere else.
You could call in tomorrow and ask for Johnny for more info ;) I may end up at the dyno half a day with the 3G Hemi, so call before lunch please.
Fitech is also about to end consumer direct sales. So one more reason to give pace a try.

Same price, free shipping, detailed tech support, and quality customer service....only reseller carrying them. Not avail at jegs, summit, or anywhere else.
You could call in tomorrow and ask for Johnny for more info ;) I may end up at the dyno half a day with the 3G Hemi, so call before lunch please.
Fitech is also about to end consumer direct sales. So one more reason to give pace a try.

jonnymac2k6 do you know if they have the 1200hp power adder system in stock?

did you ever get yours running right ?

I am fixing the exhaust leak at the collector and 02 bung...should be done early next week as I am just getting back to town after being gone most of the week...plus had to get my C02 bottle refilled for the mig welder..

Early Christmas present for me.....:wink: Ordered mine today from Johnny at Pace Performance. Probably wont get to installing mine until next month but looking forward to it none the less :thumblef:

Early Christmas present for me.....:wink: Ordered mine today from Johnny at Pace Performance. Probably wont get to installing mine until next month but looking forward to it none the less :thumblef:

Just shipped it out!
Enjoy!

did you go with the 600 or the 1200 hp version ?

-
Back