For Ugly Mopars Only

-
That is why I like them, another different set up I saw this spring at Sterling. A 62 red and white Polara 4 dr ht with buckets console and push button shift. Yesterday I was driving home from town and there were three cars in front of me a Ford a Chrysler and Mazda. Their body lines were exactly the same right down to the lines on the rear bumpers.

I worked for Dodge in 74 when the 75 Charger came out,,,I couldn't believe my eyes that they made the cool looking 71-74 Charger into this aborted eye sore for 1975. About 6 months later I bought one.Damn Mopars kinda grow on ya.I still have a 79 Chrysler 300 (Cordoba) that I drive now.

When I was a Kid, this car scared me.

1965 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe,,,,,,,

The Undertakers Car..........a 5000 Pound 'Q-Ship'

IMG_5290.jpg

There are two of these near me for sale right now. They are cheap enough that I am intrigued but man are they ugly.

Attachments

• 82 imperial.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,063
  • 82 imperial back.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 3,059
After thinking about this a bit I realized the Imperials with the stand alone headlights was not an attractive car. Actually its kinda ugly, there I said it.

4836462856_6df8df0ae7.jpg
Them there fighting words because u are talking about my GIRL!!!:shock:

Funny,...I never thought there were that many MoPars that were beauty queens, always cool tho....cept maybe the 66-74 Chargers...Those are just sexy to me,...

I loved those V. Exner cars. It was the unique ideas that went into them like the daylight backlit dash , the big toilet seat on the trunk, and the long ram intake manifolds. Hey lets not forget the square shaped steering wheel. The rocket tail lights on the 62 Darts and Savoys.
so what do you mean with the square shaped steering wheels?

so what do you mean with the square shaped steering wheels?

Are you kidding? Lots of older Mopars had "unround" wheels, and they could be a PITA if you weren't used to 'em.

Let's not forget the "dashboard mounted" rear view mirror, so if you had more than two people in the car, the thing became useless.

130132-500-0.jpg

63+Chrysler+Imperial+Conv+28.JPG

1187919412-dash.jpg

dash.jpg

Hey 68gtxman, those K cars were cool. Just a little hard to tell which was front and which was the back????

What about the Town & Country convertible - LOVE that fake woodgrain around the sides - the real stuff is prone to white ants!!!!!

Attachments

• Eddy pic 2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2,969
The first car my sister and I drove when we were learning to drive was an '85 Plymouth Reliant. White with tan interior. At least the early 60's Mopars were interestingly ugly. K-cars are just boring ugly.

An Internet pic of one just like it:

image_resize.php

The first car my sister and I drove when we were learning to drive was an '85 Plymouth Reliant. White with tan interior. At least the early 60's Mopars were interestingly ugly. K-cars are just boring ugly.

An Internet pic of one just like it:

image_resize.php

I drove the same car but grey on grey in college. I don't think they are necessarily ugly. Extremely boring but not ugly. Ugly would get noticed. These just blend into the background.

The K cars may have been ugly, boring, and just plain unappealing, but they arguably saved Chrysler in the 80s

They were utilitarian, designed and built to serve their owners with basic transportation and economy. They lasted forever. tmm

Chrysler Corp bought Jeep and AMC went out of business. We didn't inherit the whole line. tmm

I sort of inherited an absolute twin to one of these from my sister (she hated it so much, she left it at my house) and I in turn sold it to a friend of mine from work for a dollar. He put a new fuel pump and a power module in it and drove to work for years! He used to laugh and call it "the dollar car".

Then everyone else at work would come up to me and ask "do you have any more dollar cars!?" LOL

image_resize.php

I had an 86 Dodge 600, my Dad and Mom bought new. When Dad died, Mom wanted a new car so I bought it from her. It REALLY wasn't a bad little car. I sold it to my next door neighbor, and he later sold it to the gal across the alley, and SHE sold it, in FINALLY poor shape to a guy here boyfriend works with. I never heard what became of it.

Had cruise, AC, it was a decent little car. Only complaint is that the electronics generated a harmonic right in the middle of the radio amateur 2- meter band, 146.52, if I recall.

One of my older neighbors still drives around a rust free K-car. It is about 6" lower in the back, than the front and is two different colors (spray paint), but it his his daily driver.

The Omni post jogged the ol memory....we had a Plymouth Horizon when I was a kid. What I remember of it, it was a good little car and did pretty well in the snow.

Note: I didn't always live in FL

-
Back