FREE Stuff...contest

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post urs n we"ll compare. I am also not the thread owner and still am waiting for the international panels drawing and the correct answers according to Stinger. I am just as disappointed in no reply. Oh well here goes and the panel can correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by purpledart
1. 7 bolts
2. False
3. 383 (formula s barracuda)
4. J
5. Percy
6. C (50000)
7. 1969 1/2
8. cold air induction (ramcharger or air grabber)
9. All American Racers
10. 1972

Bonus. 3 speed wipers

:toothy5:

Yep and I just noticed I forgot what model on no 7 roadrunner

I want the answers 2!!

You think these were a factory option for hood pins? I guess we're way off in our answers. lol

Attachments

• DSC02982.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 178
Post urs n we"ll compare. I am also not the thread owner and still am waiting for the international panels drawing and the correct answers according to Stinger. I am just as disappointed in no reply. Oh well here goes and the panel can correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by purpledart
1. 7 bolts
2. False
3. 383 (formula s barracuda)
4. J
5. Percy
6. C (50000)
7. 1969 1/2
8. cold air induction (ramcharger or air grabber)
9. All American Racers
10. 1972

Bonus. 3 speed wipers

:toothy5:

Here is my answers

1. Seven
2. False
3. 426
4. J.
5. Percy
6. $50,000
7. 1968 Roadrunner and Super Bee
8. Fresh Air Hood option
9. All American Racers
10. 1972
Bonus. The under dash mounted control cables UNDER DASH CABLE WITH RED FOIL “CARB AIR” APPLIQUE

Since the entry for the contest is already closed , here are my answers:

1.) Six
2.) False
3.) 440 1968 & 1969 Hurst-Campbell Conversions
4.) "J"
5.) Percival [sp?]
6.) "C" , $50,000
7.) 1956 Chrysler 300 'B'
8.) Fresh Air Induction / Intake
9.) All American Racers
10.) 1971 ( trick question perhaps , as there's the 'F'Body "Duster" as well ...)

BONUS : Three-Speed Wipers (to clear the air cleaner and-or fresh air induction housing).

My answers

1. 7 bolts
2. false
3. 440
4. J
5. Percy
6. C- $50,000
7.1968 a-body SS
8.fresh air/ram air/cold air/air grabber etc
9. All American Racer
10. 1972

Bonus- 3-speed wipers

My answers

1. 7 bolts
2. false
3. 440
4. J
5. Percy
6. C- $50,000
7.1968 a-body SS
8.fresh air/ram air/cold air/air grabber etc
9. All American Racer
10. 1972

Bonus- 3-speed wipers

I missed the bonus...

Since number 3 said the largest engine ever in an A body and didn't specify street production, I went with the 426 Hemi.

Also in 1968, Chrysler made approximately 50 fastback Barracudas equipped with the 426 cu in (7.0 L) Hemi for Super Stock drag racing.[2] These cars were assembled by Hurst Performance and featured lightweight items such as lightweight Chemcor side glass, fiberglass front fenders, and hood with scoop, lightweight seats, and sound deadener and other street equipment such as rear seats omitted. An included sticker indicated that the car was not for use on public roads; it could run the quarter-mile in the mid-10s in 1968.[2]

426>440 in terms of "largest" displacement ? Hmmmmm ...

In a truly *technical* sense , the 330 hp 383 was the 'largest' engine which was factory-installed in an 'A' Body ; 440's and the 426 S/S were
" build less motor / trans / air cleaner " (and in the case of the LO23 / BO29 models , "... minus front sheet metal...") and shipped to Hurst-Campbell for A12 conversion .

but the question was worded largest c.i.d. 440 is larger than 426. may not be the larger engine but that wasnt the question.

I had a brain fart. Heck, I knew there was a 440 in 1969 too.
You are right so there is another one I missed.

I am not entering this contest again because I can't see the forest because there are too many trees in my way.

Hahaha...you guys are crazy...

here I am on my lunch break finishing puttin all this stuff into a spread sheet, just bear with me guys (gals) I'll be posting the winner tonight...

The time all contestants have waited for (thank you for your patience)...

Here are some teaser stats before I announce our WINNER(s)

Question no. 1

How many bolts hold down a shaker scoop?

The correct answer is : 7

60.9% of you got that answer correct.

Question no. 2

71 Duster window for a 71 Dart.

The correct answer is No.

I did have one answer question if it would fit a Dart sport, but I don't beleive they made a 71 Dart sport, please correct me if I'm wrong.

87% of you got the correct answer...well done.

Question no. 3

Largest motor ever put in an A-body.

I think some people instantly thought of 426 Hemi as maybe the most powerful, but the largest was a 440.

69.6% of you got that answer correct.

Question no.4

Correct fender tag code for a 340 sixpack.

The correct answer we are looking for here as per the example given is: The letter "J"

87% of you got that answer correct...well done here.

Question no. 5

What does the "P" stand for in the name Walter P Chryser.

The answer here is Percey.

Everyone, pat yourself on the back here, as 100% of you got it correct !!!

....ok guys, cue the American Idol music...I'm outta time..on my lunch break. I'll be back with the rest of the answers when I get home tonight with yet more stats and our Grand Prize winner...

...sneaks out before everyone throws rocks at me...lol

Well, I got all of them right so far, except the first one. I had no clue on how many bolts hold the shaker scoop.

The 71 dart sport was a dart demon.71-72 then it became a sport

ok, ok, here we go with the rest....

Finished off No.5 so onto No.6.

No. 6

How much did Chrysler pay to use the Warner Bros. Logo ?

If you selected "C" $50,000 you were spot on.

91.3% of you had that one right...

So, far you guys/gals really do know whatcha talkin about...

let's continue.

No. 7

In what year did factory installed hood pins first fist appear on a Chrysler ?

Now this may cause some debate, but, the Factory installed hood pins on the 69 1/2 lift off hood cars. Chrysler Facotry did not install the hood pins on the Hemi Darts/Cudas. That was done by Hurst as you all know.

So...answer here... 69 1/2 lift off hood cars.

Contgrats to the 83.6 % of you who had that right!

No. 8

What does the factory code N96 Stand for ?

N96 is part of the Fresh Air Hood pkg offered on several cars.

This one musta been a tough one as only 100% of you got it right !!! Nice work.

No.9

What does AAR Stand for ?

Now AAR certainly does stand for the Association of American Railroads (really, it does), but being we are talking about Mopar trivia here...

100% of you got it right with All American Racers..well done.

No. 10

What year was the rare window louver option offered on the Duster?

Interestingly enough, the answer to this question is in the archives of this board. Look into the archives and you will see an article on a factory equipped 1972 Duster with louvers.

I think a bunch of you must have checked that out as a surprising
65% of you knew this answer. I thought I would have stumped the experts on this one...Great work for sure.

The Bonus Question....

What mandatory option need to be ordered when ordering the N96 option in 1969.

69.6% of you had it right with... 3 speed wiper. As a few of you pointed, out, the two speed motor would have hit the air-cleaner.

So, there you have it, the answers to the first Stingers Buzz Contest.

Right now, I'm going to my international panel to have a name drawn, as you might have guessed, we have mulitple people who got all of the correct answers.

I'll be back in 15 mins with the winners name and runner up names who will get a FREE scat pack keychain.

So, one last kick at the American idol Music...

BRB with the WINNERS NAME !!!!

First off, I would like to congratulate everyone of you who entered the contest. Everyone that did enter clearly showed an impressive amount of knowledge about the Mopar world. Hat's off to all of you.

Ok, so down to the nitty gritty here. There were 4 winners. I had my son draw one of the names that was folded on a piece of paper. The results are below. I will contact the winners tomorrow for mailing address for your prizes. Again, Congrats to everyone who entered. !!!

contest_1h.jpg

Damn, my gut said 69 1/2 Sixpack cars but went with the 68 SS cars....oh well, got 1 wrong, not bad!!

Bring on the next contest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back