Good Bye Flowmasters!

-
Check out this video. Sounds very close to my car, maybe not quite as loud as mine. Man I love this exhaust!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aiKrwGXFOo"]YouTube- '69 Cuda 340[/ame]

i have 40 series flows 2 1/2 pipes just over the rear and down tti headers its damn loud so i cut off the front cap cut off both end caps off another set welded them together thinking it should be quieter you know 4 chambers ITS STILL TOO LOUD

a little insight ? If I put one 50 series flowmater in stock single exhaust... will it sound aweful ?

I personally am not a fan of flowmasters in general. The primary reason why I got ride of mine is because 95% of all muscle cars seem to have flowmasters on them. You'll have to try the muffler and decide if you like it or not.

Ah the big Flowmaster love hate debate. I think what it strictly comes down to is are your ears too sensative to resonating noise? I dont mind it. However there are some people that cant stand to ride in my car with the Flowies.
Ya its loud and noisey but it also sounds like a beast that it is. Nothing like hopping on the throttle and giving the neighbor hood a blast! Now that being said if you stick Flowies on a relatively stock motor they sound like crapola. Get yourself a nice cam and some engine work they sound good WOT.
Flowmasters were never meant to be a quiet muffler. Even the representatives said that when they first came out. I wouldnt want them on a car I drive 2 or 3 times a week. On the Duster which makes it out to shows and such always attracts massive attention with the sound. I have had people come over to inpsect the big block under the hood only to find a paltry 360. So ya... I am pro-flow to a extent. If your using your car alot... go with the quieter sounding muffler. I dont call my car Shake n Quake for nuthin... ha. There is alot of exhaust out there that sounds great. Its all personal preference though... like paint color.

-RPM

Ah the big Flowmaster love hate debate. I think what it strictly comes down to is are your ears too sensative to resonating noise? I dont mind it. However there are some people that cant stand to ride in my car with the Flowies.
Ya its loud and noisey but it also sounds like a beast that it is. Nothing like hopping on the throttle and giving the neighbor hood a blast! Now that being said if you stick Flowies on a relatively stock motor they sound like crapola. Get yourself a nice cam and some engine work they sound good WOT.
Flowmasters were never meant to be a quiet muffler. Even the representatives said that when they first came out. I wouldnt want them on a car I drive 2 or 3 times a week. On the Duster which makes it out to shows and such always attracts massive attention with the sound. I have had people come over to inpsect the big block under the hood only to find a paltry 360. So ya... I am pro-flow to a extent. If your using your car alot... go with the quieter sounding muffler. I dont call my car Shake n Quake for nuthin... ha. There is alot of exhaust out there that sounds great. Its all personal preference though... like paint color.

-RPM

The noise level of the flowmasters never bothered me, it was the sound quality. In fact my new exhaust is louder than my old Super 40's but the quality was improved 2 fold. Just an opinion but loud is one thing (hense flowmasters) where as a true performance, crisp, unique sound is something that you wont get with flowies...

Just an opinion but loud is one thing (hense flowmasters) where as a true performance, crisp, unique sound is something that you wont get with flowies...

..... and there lies the debate.... its all personal preferance as to what sound one likes.

-RPM

Just finished instaling my exhaust system yesterday on the scamp but havent ran it yet...3 inch with x pipe off of 1-5/8 headers with 3inch borla xr-1 race mufflers (these things are SMALL and Straight through) dumped at the rear...this thing should really roar! i will post a vid in a new thread once i get her running! cant wait!

Just finished instaling my exhaust system yesterday on the scamp but havent ran it yet...3 inch with x pipe off of 1-5/8 headers with 3inch borla xr-1 race mufflers (these things are SMALL and Straight through) dumped at the rear...this thing should really roar! i will post a vid in a new thread once i get her running! cant wait!

Awesome! Those should sound great. Cant wait to hear it.

Awesome! Those should sound great. Cant wait to hear it.

they do! i tested out the system last night ( had a header leak the first fire up and major timing issues) and it sounds BRUTAL! at idle, it is very very deep (the dumps do help), but once you rev it up the x-pipe really comes to life and the engine just barks...sounds real intimidating, it is exactly the sound i was after...and oh, its definatly louder than a super 40 car:toothy10:

next rainy day im gonna get some pics and vid up as right now im using all the good weather to finish off some assembly and stuff

-
Back