Green Envy

-
I am so glad you started a build thread.. I will be watching, and commenting.. if I run across any parts that you may end up needing I will keep you posted..

Thanks Bill it is much appreciated from everyone here.

Thanks a 70 is a great body style with the wrap around front bumper.

I dig all the 66 and up Chargers..so I will be watching this thread. Purists are going to be upset over my build....:cheers: But in all fairness, it had been rotting for the last 25 years. I have a soft spot for rough cars that nobody wants to build.

Rock on :happy1:

What are your plans for drivetrain........i think a 440 is in order and your choice of a fine 833 of 727.

BTW ......dont spoil your car .....we need to name it ASAP ....a nice girls name so that she is part of the family not something dumb like green beast or lame stuff guys come up with LOL

Rani, you and your big blocks....

I almost had a 74 400 to go in there from a guy in Indiana, but someone called him first and had the odasity to pick it up that weekend... and not leave it for me to get second dibs on... It was a complete engine and trans. That was one of the cases where the waiting list didn't make it to me... Win some, loose some...

Now about that "girls name" thing. I'm not sure a girls name may be appropriate. To quote Rodney Dangerfield:

How many times, on a cold, cold morning; when you really need it... a car and a woman, they won't turn over.... LOL!

Green Envy is a pretty good name for it. It could signify how women get green with envy when they get jealous of others...

not even close. these things mount solid between the frame rail and the k member and they are solid. far superior to the originals. you will want the torsion bar crossmember bushings as well, which are like these but a little smaller

I think the purpose of the rubber grommets is to isolate/dampen any vibration from the engine to the body. Will those dampen the vibration or transfer it?

There should be some stuff out there that I could put on a bus headed your way. Next time I go out there I will take some pics and send to you.

My ex is stationed at Ft. Bragg and stays in Fayetteville. She's coming up in early July. If you find anything that she can bring, I can get it to Cliff when I go back for the hand truck that I forgot. It can save shipping cost.

I think the purpose of the rubber grommets is to isolate/dampen any vibration from the engine to the body. Will those dampen the vibration or transfer it?

Karl, they are solid , but they are absorbing. as you mention , they were put into service to isolate the suspension from the body for a smoother/quieter ride . i know that in 75, the rear springs are also isolated with rubber from the axle perches/shock plates, im not positive about 74, but my guess is they are. the new ones i bought are harder than the originals, but my charger rides like a cadillac with them lol. the torsion bar crossmember is also isolated. 1973 brought the changes to the B Body suspensions. i never took note of the rear ends on my 73 and 74 chargers

Just catching up on this build Cliff! I love those cars, I will keep my eyes peeled open for anything up in this neckathuwoods.

I think around 80 pounds. Not sure though.

Mine is bloody heavy, can't tell the exact weight. If I didn't want it for the 2.76 gears, which I still do, I'd bring it on down to give it to you.

got the motor mounts covered for you Cliff, just gotta get em' in the mail lol

you'll have to dig up a fine thread nut for one of the mount bolts or you can just use the lug nut i had to substitute lol :D

Attachments

• cmm.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 261
  • cmm1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 256
Cool car, looks like a fun project that will keep you busy! If you need parts there is a junkyard a yard an hour from me that has atleast 25 (or more) 73-74 chargers. Sadly they are all parts cars but tons of good parts, especially interior stuff. There is even a 71 Super Bee 383 car but it is stripped good. Let me know if you need any parts, I go there a few times a summer.

got the motor mounts covered for you Cliff, just gotta get em' in the mail lol

you'll have to dig up a fine thread nut for one of the mount bolts or you can just use the lug nut i had to substitute lol :D

Thanks Lance, they look great looks like a easy clean up and paint.

Cool car, looks like a fun project that will keep you busy! If you need parts there is a junkyard a yard an hour from me that has atleast 25 (or more) 73-74 chargers. Sadly they are all parts cars but tons of good parts, especially interior stuff. There is even a 71 Super Bee 383 car but it is stripped good. Let me know if you need any parts, I go there a few times a summer.

Thanks I know I will need a few things.

-
Back