Guitar???

-
here is an example in the key of a Blues scale in A:
e|-||--|--|3-|--|5-|--|--|8-|--|10|11|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|23|24|
B|-||--|--|3-|4-|5-|--|--|8-|--|10|--|--|13|--|15|16|17|--|--|20|--|22|--|--|
G|-||--|2-|--|--|5-|--|7-|8-|9-|--|--|12|--|14|--|--|17|--|19|20|21|--|--|24|
D|-||--|2-|--|--|5-|--|7-|--|--|10|--|12|13|14|--|--|17|--|19|--|--|22|--|24|
A|-||--|--|3-|--|5-|6-|7-|--|--|10|--|12|--|--|15|--|17|18|19|--|--|22|--|24|
E|-||--|--|3-|--|5-|--|--|8-|--|10|11|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|23|24| one important thing to keep in mind it is upside down meaning the top line of the tab is the bottom string

hey thanks for the video 2shelbys that guy is good/ mullinax yea tablature is a simple system all numbers easy as pie once you get started some books have the explinations in the back but most anybody who plays can help you get going as i would bet they have seen it and know how to use it most music books nowdays have both tab and regular notation as well
No problem. Carl was the lead guitarist in Supertramp, not a very guitar heavy band by any means, but he has gone on to a great solo career.

i am on my third year in iraq so i have plenty of time to play now!
Thank you for your service!

My friend and I recently wrote a song dedicated to our Men and Women fighting in the Middle East. It's called "Blood on the Sand" Here is a link to my web site. The top player is my Blues Rock band Waiting for Helen. In the second player are my Progressive Rock Collaborations with Mike Fink. The first song on that player is the song We have dedicated to our fighting men and woman "Blood on thew Sand" http://popspace.co.uk/user/?P=boogieman

God Bless you all and send you home safe and in one piece!

My arsenal consists of quite a few guitars and amps and a 24 track recording studio. My amps are an old Mesa Boogie Mark-2, Mesa Boogie Subway series,
Fender stereo chorus 80, and 2 Line 6 spider 3 amps one 25 watts and the other 120 watts.

AR001602-1.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I have been influenced by everyone I have ever listened to. My favorites are too manty to list but a few are Jimmy Page, Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Carlos Santana.

:tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9:!!!!!!! Dude!!!! You need to hook us up with some studio time onehellofadart!!!! That is a killer setup!! You also have to fly me out from California so I can show you how to properly maintain/use all that equipment :-D

:tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9:!!!!!!! Dude!!!! You need to hook us up with some studio time onehellofadart!!!! That is a killer setup!! You also have to fly me out from California so I can show you how to properly maintain/use all that equipment :-D

Thank you!!! LOL!!!! Follow the link to my music, I think I know how to use it, I think!!! LOL!!!!!:toothy10:

Carz and guitarz... two of my three favorite things (you guess the thrd...)

Started playing lap-steel when I was 7, on an "adapted" Kay arch-top.

Played Country steel until I discovered that jazz had more than 3 chords, when I was about 15 (in 1953.)

Been changed over to a conventional "fret-type" guitar ever since, and having loads of fun all the while!

I have a 1966 Fender Musicmaster short-scale, and a 2005 Epiphone Zephyr arch-top (el-cheapo, but nice, copy of a Gibson ES 175.) My guitar amp is a Fender Blues Deluxe.

My favorite players are MANY, but, I'll just list a few... Johnny Smith, Ron Eschete'. Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Tal Farlow, and Danny Gatton. That's an eclectic mix, I know, but they're all standouts in their own fields. Honorable mention to Albert Lee, Brent Mason, Ted Greene, and Barney Kessel.

I have a 2002 Fender Precision bass (Mexico), and a 1977 Fender short-scale Mustang bass, also. My bass amp is a Hartke Kickback 15. I play bass most of the time, and it's fun, too.

You can have a band without a guitar, but it's really hard to have a band withoiut a bass unless you have a REALLY goood organ player (who can play bass lines, too.)

Music is ALMOST as much fun as outrunning Chebbys.... whee!!! :)
But, not quite....

Bill
PS For the guy who likes jazz and lives in Orange County (CA), try to get over to Steamers to hear Ron Eschete' sometime. He's there every week, I think. An AMAZING guitarist...

Steamers
138 W Commonwealth Ave
Fullerton, CA 92832
714-871-8801

here is an example in the key of a Blues scale in A:
e|-||--|--|3-|--|5-|--|--|8-|--|10|11|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|23|24|
B|-||--|--|3-|4-|5-|--|--|8-|--|10|--|--|13|--|15|16|17|--|--|20|--|22|--|--|
G|-||--|2-|--|--|5-|--|7-|8-|9-|--|--|12|--|14|--|--|17|--|19|20|21|--|--|24|
D|-||--|2-|--|--|5-|--|7-|--|--|10|--|12|13|14|--|--|17|--|19|--|--|22|--|24|
A|-||--|--|3-|--|5-|6-|7-|--|--|10|--|12|--|--|15|--|17|18|19|--|--|22|--|24|
E|-||--|--|3-|--|5-|--|--|8-|--|10|11|12|--|--|15|--|17|--|--|20|--|22|23|24| one important thing to keep in mind it is upside down meaning the top line of the tab is the bottom string

Well I went to the link you provided and found something that is easy. I can play the rhythm part of "Iron man" by Black Sabbath. LOL

Here's my arsenal:

GRM076-vi.jpg

L-R: Honer Acoustic- Carlo Robelli - Yamaha RBX-550 converted to fretless- in my hands is my American Fender California Special- Schector Studio 8 string - and my Yamaha RBX-775 5 string.

Picture063-vi.jpg

My firepower is a Gallien-Krueger RB1001-II amp (780 watts :-D) with a G-K SPX 4X10" and a Carvin single 18". I can make nails back out of the walls....

1981Lazarus-vi.jpg

And a little nostalgia from the 80's.... Here I am (with eyeliner no less....) playing my old Travis-Bean aluminum neck bass through my old Ampeg SVT into a double 15" and single 18" reflex cabinets. THIS is why I'm half-deaf!

You guys will probably cut me off for life, but I am a bluegrass picker. I have played rock, irish, blues, and just about every other style of music through the years, but for some reason, I really dig bluegrass music. Right now I play a 1937 Chech upright bass, and I have a whole host of insturments as well, a vintage Les Paul, a couple acoustics, a couple electric basses, and a couple of accordians too. Did I say I also like zydeco?? All of the guitarists mentioned so far are awesome, but check out Tony Rice, he is the undisputed master of flattop picking. He is simply amazing on the thing, as well as a host of other bluegrass guitarists. To me bluegrass is pure music and the pickers are second to none. There is no amp or effects to help you along the way, just pure sound from you and your guitar or whatever you are picking. I'm gonna trade all my stuff for a sweet Martin, to me the best sounding guitar made. Rock on, friends, and oh yea, Mopars rock too. Geof

Dude, bluegrass pickin is awesome.

I have always wanted to learn banjo pickin, just never got around to getting one.
My oldest brother is a professional percussionists.
He has sat in the studio and cut tracks for many famous bands, and flies to europe alot to do studio work for bands there.
He always had bands in the basement and garage growing up so I picked up the guitars when everyone left and never looked back.

I cannot read a note and have not even the patience to read tab, it's too frustrating for me so I just play by ear.
I like to pick blue grass stuff, old school rock and roll, blues, hard rock, heavy metal and even country stuff, but I like just making my own stuff up the most.

My biggest inluences have been Jerry Reed, Alex Lifeson, Johnny Winter, Of course Stevie Ray Vaughan, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin for sure, David Gilmore from pink Floyd, Steve Howe from Yes, Yngwie Malmsteen SP?, Other bands such as the Scorpions, Bad Company, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Foreigner, REO speedwagen, Marshall Tucker Band and many others.

All I have now is a fender Strat and a few accoustics.

I had an opportunity to play a couple Warrior guitars with some of the best quality sound equipment and amps and have concluded those guitars to be some of the best ever, and the price tag reflects that rather well.

I'd love to join a band but I just don't have time and I have to many responsibilities at home.

Play ? Or bang around some harsh heavy metal riffs ? lol I have had a guitar since 1990 and have never had any formal training. I just learned a few of the key power chords and a fuzz box and bang out some stuff. I have a 1990 Peavey Tracer II that has been a fun little unit. I run it through a little Peavey Envoy practice amp. When I love to have fun I go over to my Bro's house and play his vintae Guild which is a smoking hot unit. Love that.

I am in my late 30's and am starting to pick up the guitar and play it again. I am actually taking some tabs and stuff and learning what I have been playing lol.

fun stuff.

There are numerous guitar player out there. Satrianni is awesome in my book. My cousin will very soon have his album out. His name is Nick Kellogg. He can put Satrianni to the test. Nick also makes a cool set of multi-rod drum sticks and sells them off his web site. I have some free samples that I can ship to drummers who might be interested. I can give you his site for you to check and then if you use multi rods let me know and I will send ya a set.

send me a p.m.

anyways..

rock on.

-RPM

Man you guys have quite the arsenals, fantastic. I used to play my Washburn acoustic-electric with a cutaway until I took a srtoke this past January. Hopefully will play again someday but it may be only rythm guitar. Stevie Rae Vaughn hand down the best blues guitarist God Rest his soul!, Jose Feliciano (fastest) and Chet Atkins and country guitarist Joe Maphis (check him out on youtube)

Been playing guitar for 12 years, my current setup is a 1st edition gibson epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain top in Honeyburst. 1969 JCM 900 Lead 4x 12 cabinet. Laney Tube Fusion 700 100w head. Line 6 digi delay, Crybaby volume pedal. I used to have an ealry 70's or late 60's Marshall JMP Plexi 100 watt lead head with 2 inputs. sold it when i was younger and dumber for $800 and later found out it was worth $3000-$6000. .

Here are my two main guitars and my beloved Marshall which I recently sold:

music.jpg

Nice equipment. Just curious I used to have a JMP 100 watt lead head that was identical to the Marshal you have pictured there eccept mine only had 2 inputs not the 4. I have never seen a JMP head like mine. either they have 2 inputs and the light up plastic power switches or they have 4 input and the metal toggles swtiches with the little square light. Never 2 inputs and the toggles with square light. Do you know why this is or have any info about it. I have looked even at Marshall history websites and nothing. thanx.

Ok. John did it so I guess I can too. Old me vs. current me. Actually, I guess current me is old me.

In 12th grade, playing at a gig on my then 2 year old Les Paul Custom through the Marshall that I
recently sold. This was after getting my hair cut for senior pictures. A lot of good that did.

1980.jpg

And sometime last year playing around in the basement on the DT650 I also sold. The print of the
Bismarck over my shoulder hints at my other hobby. History.

2007.jpg

Nice equipment. Just curious I used to have a JMP 100 watt lead head that was identical to the Marshal you have pictured there eccept mine only had 2 inputs not the 4. I have never seen a JMP head like mine. either they have 2 inputs and the light up plastic power switches or they have 4 input and the metal toggles swtiches with the little square light. Never 2 inputs and the toggles with square light. Do you know why this is or have any info about it. I have looked even at Marshall history websites and nothing. thanx.
I will check though all my old Marshall stuff and let you know what I find. My head was a '72 Super Lead so the toggles on it are actually black plastic. I told the guy I sold it to to be careful because you can not find those plastic toggles anywhere for any price.

I play electric and acoustic as well...been playing for about 5 years, though i admit im not the greatest, especially considering that i havent really sat down and "played" in about 6 months....ever since i got the car every waking moment is either working on it, working to pay for it, or working on homework....

anyways, i play heavy metal mainly...im a metal head till death....but i love, and i mean love great blues and latin music as well....some of my favs are Dimebag Darrell (#1 hero, RIP), zakk Wylde (i met this flippin god), kk downing and glent tipton (priest), kerry king (slayer), Stevie Ray Vaughan, James Hetfield (metallica), Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth), Eric Peterson (testament), dave mustaine (megadeth), Tony Iommi (sabbath) and way too many more.... my gear consists of a dean 1979 flying V with bill lawrence XL500 and L500R pickups through a Marshall AVT50 running with a Crybaby 535Q pedal and Boss superchorus...my acoustic is an art and lutherie (cant remember the model name, but the best sounding acoustic for the price ever!)
Used to play in a band that had some recordings and ready to play shows until the flopped for another project, which then flopped because of someone who was supposed to be my best friend ended up being a jerkovsky and fudging the whole thing up...yea we arent friends any more..but thats life...its one thing to play guitar, but ill always be a "guitar player"

Another guitar player here, and yes we do grow on trees. :-DWow, guitar influences..........pretty much anything that was playing on the radio from 1964 to date. I liked Motown, some country, (like Les Paul) but most of all, British rock. When my big brother brought Led Zeppelin`s first album home and I heard those first E chords on Good Times, Bad Times, Robert Plant`s voice, Bonhams double bass work, and then the ensuing guitar solo that played off the vocal, I was hooked! I enjoy good players in all styles though, Django Rheinhardt, Buddy Guy, Junior Brown, Al Dimeola, Steve Vai, Steve Howe and the list goes on. My CD collection is diverse. I`ve played guitar for about OMG.....38 years? Whoa! I have many guitars but play my `89 PRS Custom 24 about 80% of the time through a Marshall 6100 or 6101 30th anniversary amp. I also have an Anderson drop top. I played with the band Cat5 from `99 -`07. I`m taking a break now but will probably do something with it again before too long, it`s hard to stay away from. Here`s some of my gear, my PRS and Marshall 6101(the little MONSTER lol), Anderson, LP, Gibson 1275. We should get an A-bodies only band going! :toothy10:

IM000363.jpg

Recovered_JPEG_3449.jpg

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_1324.jpg

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_1312 (Small).jpg

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_3022.jpg

Recovered_JPEG_933.jpg

1973 Fender Tele and a 1966 Princeston amp. I like old stuff mostly.

jeep and dodge and puffin.jpg

jeep and dodge and puffin 019.jpg

Hey guys, I see you have some pretty cool gear, maybe you could help me out. I was thinking of selling one of my guitars (to fund Dart project). Its an '85 Les Paul standard, in fair condition.

Now, I have not played or even been in a music store in 10 years, so I'm pretty out of the loop. What are these worth these days? Any ideas/advice on selling it?

Hey guys, I see you have some pretty cool gear, maybe you could help me out. I was thinking of selling one of my guitars (to fund Dart project). Its an '85 Les Paul standard, in fair condition.

Now, I have not played or even been in a music store in 10 years, so I'm pretty out of the loop. What are these worth these days? Any ideas/advice on selling it?

Times are tough right now when it comes to selling anything. Unless your LP is a historic reissue or something similar then I would say a fair selling price would be around $1500.00. Condition is paramount in getting top dollar. Check Ebay for similar guitars to get a better idea of what the market is doing on them now. Good luck!

-
Back