Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
Been away from this thread and shooting for a few months.

IMG_4550.jpeg

I heard we are restructuring (well, structuring, really) our church's security team, and we will be having quarterly range time

I'm excited for that, but I wonder who is going to pay for the ammo

I heard we are restructuring (well, structuring, really) our church's security team, and we will be having quarterly range time

I'm excited for that, but I wonder who is going to pay for the ammo
diy,
we conduct a lot of church security training here in the South, in several states they they offer the chance for commissioned church/school security. It amounts to sixty hours of training ( in Ark) and full range quals identical to what police dept maintain. This in turn allows the church security teams to be armed and insured by the church. Typically the folks pay for their own firearm but church pays for training and ammo costs. My Company is one of the few that is licensed and allowed to conduct and issue the training. Many states are different. Verify with your State what kind of latitude your team has for protection on the legal landscape. There Is two fundamental hurdles we face daily with regards to training. One is “We don’t need it, Bubba and Bobby have conceal permits” The second hurdle is full support from the Church congregation and staff. Typically in the beginning there is a lot of in-house opposition to the whole concept of armed security in a Church. But as the program evolves and becomes more visible it does not take the folks long to completely endorse the program. Keep in mind in the beginning you will only have a couple of guys willing to serve in this fashion, be aware you have got to rotate them so they don’t get burnt out. Many start full of enthusiasm then soon recognize it is actually serving and comes at a cost. The cost being not having the chance to sit in the service with family and get fed like everyone else. I apologize for the wordy response but training Church’s and Schools is literally what I do for a living. Our Company is founded on the very principles of the Church.There is no doubt in my mind there is a Company like ours in your neck of the woods, do some research and find a good one in your area. Folks underestimate the value of training. And do not hesitate to send me a PM if you want or need more info. I will provide anything or knowledge I can to help you and your Team get started.

Typically in the beginning there is a lot of in-house opposition to the whole concept of armed security in a Church. But as the program evolves and becomes more visible it does not take the folks long to completely endorse the program. Keep in mind in the beginning you will only have a couple of guys willing to serve in this fashion
We had a church killing down here last year. They literally had no defense but to hit the shooter with chairs. I cant imagine the futility, the helpless feeling and panic that went through their minds. I used to be a 75% of the time carry guy at church. Since this happened I am holstered 100% of the time at church. It may be a one in a million chance, but if it is your church or event, statistics dont matter anymore.

We had a church killing down here last year. They literally had no defense but to hit the shooter with chairs. I cant imagine the futility, the helpless feeling and panic that went through their minds. I used to be a 75% of the time carry guy at church. Since this happened I am holstered 100% of the time at church. It may be a one in a million chance, but if it is your church or event, statistics dont matter anymore.

[/URL]
Well said @fratzog lover . When we started our training Company never in our wildest dreams did we think schools and Churches would end up being one of our biggest segment of customers. wasn’t even on our radar. It is sad, churches and schools have been a sanctuary Of safety for many years in most every country Across the globe, not so anymore. I must refrain from speaking any further or I will get this thread bounced into NP forum. Suffice to say I commend your effort to protect your folks.

I used to collect preban SIG stuff. 550-sniper. First of 14 imported, decades ago. I had to pay up front, and then wait for it to be evaluated by the ATF. No promise I'd get it approved.

post SIG 550-sniper outside.jpg

Last edited:
I have 4-5 virgins sitting here waiting to have some lead flung out of them. AR15, AR15-22, bullpup, and two 9mm’s. Also 7 months into a suppressor wait. Patiently waiting for some cooler temps.

There Is two fundamental hurdles we face daily with regards to training. One is “We don’t need it, Bubba and Bobby have conceal permits” The second hurdle is full support from the Church congregation and staff. Typically in the beginning there is a lot of in-house opposition to the whole concept of armed security in a Church. But as the program evolves and becomes more visible it does not take the folks long to completely endorse the program
i cant remember when exactly it was, but there was a rash of Church shootings a few years ago that made us decide we need to protect our congregation (i replied to your PM with a little more info on our church)

hurdle number two, was never there for us, i honestly believe on any given day, you will not find a more heavily armed group of citizens in our lil town the our church

"funny" story about our church, my wife was sharing the Gospel with a couple a while ago and asked them if they had a home Church
when they said no, she suggested they visit our Church and the couple just kinda looked at each other in silence

so my wife asked what was the matter?

and they said, they had heard of our Church, and that everyone carries there
my wife said, well, not everyone, but probably half of the guys do

then they asked if her husband carried, and she said yes

they just couldnt believe it

we never did see them at Church

[/URL]

have you seen footage of the White Settlement shooting?
10 seconds and the whole thing was over

there are people out there with more knowledge then me, who disected the video and made some interesting remarks

one of the men who died that day was part of the security team and drew on the shooter after the shooter had opened fire, the shooter shot him before he could get his weapon aimed

a little further away was a second member of the team who was extremely skilled, and properly trained and shot the shooter to end the threat

i cant remember when exactly it was, but there was a rash of Church shootings a few years ago that made us decide we need to protect our congregation (i replied to your PM with a little more info on our church)

hurdle number two, was never there for us, i honestly believe on any given day, you will not find a more heavily armed group of citizens in our lil town the our church

"funny" story about our church, my wife was sharing the Gospel with a couple a while ago and asked them if they had a home Church
when they said no, she suggested they visit our Church and the couple just kinda looked at each other in silence

so my wife asked what was the matter?

and they said, they had heard of our Church, and that everyone carries there
my wife said, well, not everyone, but probably half of the guys do

then they asked if her husband carried, and she said yes

they just couldnt believe it

we never did see them at Church

have you seen footage of the White Settlement shooting?
10 seconds and the whole thing was over

there are people out there with more knowledge then me, who disected the video and made some interesting remarks

one of the men who died that day was part of the security team and drew on the shooter after the shooter had opened fire, the shooter shot him before he could get his weapon aimed

a little further away was a second member of the team who was extremely skilled, and properly trained and shot the shooter to end the threat
Why he ever carried at 6 o'clock, I dont know. I think it cost him his life. The one who delivered the head shot and ended it was a firearms instructor.

Pulled maintenance on a few of mine, switched out clips and cleaned my 9mm, I keep my 12 round clip 7 deep full, been to long since I gave that clip spring some relief, think it was last of may.. Still looking for a 9mm rifle cousin, I have 500.00 hid back so far, should have near 750 by the end of the month..
Everyone get out and work your skills today, me...I have brake shoes to put on ..

Supposed to cool off Thursday I think. It was a hot four days at the race track.
So hot here in Michigan I decided it was a great day to take my truck in and have it set up for the snowplow

Took them about 6 hours and I spend most of it fishing

-
Back