having a little issue...

-
Stock/ish pistons generally come with some offset in the pin in order to load the piston against the cylinder wall=keeps them quite, grandma didn't like noise in her new car, get it so far?

so that is friction/drag which decreases power a tinzy bit.

reversing them unloads them and wahlah! more power, as for wear? not really of any significance.

It's a good thing, trust me.

And...do you see any offset pins in performance pistons like KB/ROSS/WEISCO?, answer is no.

So what are you building, a stock engine or a performance engine?

interesting!

ok so i guess my only choice is to have another 6 block bored and then drop my "old" guts into it, with new rings...

Has anyone actually figured out what's wrong?

well the cylinders still have the cross hatch in them and there is nothing that i can feel that is out of the ordinary on the cyl walls... and they have oil on them, not washed out

i think that its not broke in... i used delo 400 15w-40 oil for break in, and drove it like a grandma, begin my first engine i wanted to be nice to it.

and then i switched to brad penn 10/30. im running moly rings. so maybe they just never broke in!?!

interesting!

ok so i guess my only choice is to have another 6 block bored and then drop my "old" guts into it, with new rings...
KID
I would NOT use a new block. Wiesco has .085 pistons on the shelf. These also are forged with metric ring packs....really a nice piece. Cost is about $500 for the set. Then have the block honed out for them.
This way you save the block.
Frank

KID
I would NOT use a new block. Wiesco has .085 pistons on the shelf. These also are forged with metric ring packs....really a nice piece. Cost is about $500 for the set. Then have the block honed out for them.
Frank

Frank, I don't recall what rods he is running, but the Wiesco pistons will not work with the 225 stock rods, just the K-1 or 198 con rods.

KID
Frank

if i was going to do the .085 i would just go tothe .104 (same price) but i only have 45cc chambers so i don't think compression would even be in the ball park of feasible.

Frank, I don't recall what rods he is running, but the Wiesco pistons will not work with the 225 stock rods, just the K-1 or 198 con rods.

if the weisco's will fit a 198 rod they should fit a 225, they'll just be like factory, way in the hole... mine is .177 deep

so you have to narrow the small end of the rod, right?

The 225 rod is 6.700 +/- long, and the K-1/198 rod is 7.000 +/- long, or about .300 longer. The wiesco pistons are made for the longer rod. You have to narrow the big end of the rod, if you are using the 1976 or newer cast crank motor. You do not need to do anything to the small end, in any case.

My Bad. Charrlie is correct the Wiseco OFF THE SHELF pistons are for the 7.005 inch rods(198). However they can make you customs for the same price. Takes a little while but worth the wait in my opinion.
Frank

Charrlie is correct the OFF THE SHELF Wiseco Pistons are for the K1 (198) rods. These are 7.005 inches long. With 45cc heads you would have a serious nice slant motor.
Frank

I hope things get figured out soon for you kid, But I have to say I have learned allot on this thread. Do you have a picture of your head gasket you can share with us ?
and was it a copper gasket, it almost looks like 5 and 6 on the head was leaking to each other, But I am sure you would have seen it if it was.

I hope things get figured out soon for you kid, But I have to say I have learned allot on this thread. Do you have a picture of your head gasket you can share with us ?
and was it a copper gasket, it almost looks like 5 and 6 on the head was leaking to each other, But I am sure you would have seen it if it was.

i didn't have any buing on the block but i'll take better pic tonite.
as for the pistons im looking for like a 9.75 comp or so. so incuding pistons im looking @ like 800bucks to have the block bored and honed, balance the rotating assembly...

kinda hard to come up with that right now

so my boss can by and said that the pistons and cyl walls look fine. they dont have that much of a rock to them. he said to just put it back together and fix the leak. i just want all 6 firing... its a slant five dosn't sound very sexy...

The 225 rod is 6.700 +/- long, and the K-1/198 rod is 7.000 +/- long, or about .300 longer. The wiesco pistons are made for the longer rod. You have to narrow the big end of the rod, if you are using the 1976 or newer cast crank motor. You do not need to do anything to the small end, in any case.

No one mentioned they were 198 rods, that makes perfect sense now.
and you would have to narrow the big end IF you wanted to make use of the older rods on the newer narrow cast crank journals.yeah

-
Back