having a little issue...

-
Not questioning your competence,but U did zero the gauge when before you hooked it to the cylinder?

Even when I had out of round int/exh I still had only 24% leak down.fwiw

u know it was dark and i mite have forgot... but i do know there was this wooshing noise on all the cyl. and when i spun the motor over i could hold my thumb over the hole on #6

No one mentioned they were 198 rods, that makes perfect sense now.
and you would have to narrow the big end IF you wanted to make use of the older rods on the newer narrow cast crank journals.yeah
well my motor is a forged crank and rods, factory 68 stuff, with summit .080 overs

whats your boss think of the exhaust valves , and does he know what he looking at.

hes a mechanic or machinist?

neither, he has been restoring mopars, exotics, and everything else under the sun
well after 40yrs or so of building everything from Big Inch Hemi's to Porsche motors i would say so.

and we have alot of weird additives in the gas here, so he said the additives, along with the red on the plugs.

http://www.ssandafx.com/

Mopar Kid you need to get one of the thick header gaskets from me or Remflex. I do have them in stock here in Arkansas.
Frank

Mopar Kid you need to get one of the thick header gaskets from me or Remflex. I do have them in stock here in Arkansas.
Frank

yea the other one cracked, it was from mike jefferies. how much for yours cuz my ports are slightly different=P~

Attachments

• 100_3573.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 100_3574.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 200
does jefferies have a flow bench?

could just cut the gasket bigger.

im sure he does but i didn't have him do the head, just bought the gasket from him. Edd J from North CA did my cyl head... so im buying an engine stand and gonna pull the worst piston out and see if the ringgs broker and iff so i'll order new rings

I have large port and standard port so I have you covered.
Did Edd provide you with any flow data?
Frank
PS contact me via PM for pricing etc.

I have large port and standard port so I have you covered.
Did Edd provide you with any flow data?
Frank
PS contact me via PM for pricing etc.

no he didn't have time to flow bench it and when i did it it was being screwy on the intake side for some reason, but i got 162 @ .550 on the exhaust

well i pulled the motor and popped out number 6... the rings, oth top and second we in 10 peices... no cylinder wall scoring so im think of breaking it down, re-hone, new rings, and .050 off the deck for a 9.8 comp

ideas for good rings? i ran moly ones before but not to happy with them haha...

3.480 bore

moly rings.

total seal/hastings/mahle/speed pro

take yer pic, though I had higher comp than you w/hastings moly rings, ran 87 octane, yet never had a problem.

shattered the rings...
must have been some real good detonation going on.

You should run the cam specs, cylinder psi [when new w/cam] and calculated static comp by me/us one more time.

you say you're running what gear and convertor?

shattered the rings...
must have been some real good detonation going on.

You should run the cam specs, cylinder psi [when new w/cam] and calculated static comp by me/us one more time.

you say you're running what gear and convertor?

ok erson solid flat, 282/282ADV 246/246 @ .050, 340 lobe x 1.35 rockers =.459 valve - .015 lash

3.5 bore, 3.5 bore head gasket (.036 compressed) 45cc chambers, .170 in the hole 9.2 comp

cyl pressure was 145psi

building rear with 8.75/3.91's but have 7.25 w/ 2.94 25" tire

2K stall converter, looking at 3200 stall

custom grind? all i c is a 280* & a 286/294*

what was the center line?

that gear with that cam is just luggin I bet, then the 28* initial on top of that
If you had a stock convertor it'd probably kink or vomit a rod.
btw at the same time..stock curve could be 3800-4000rpm
but who knows...
I'm gonna look at the pics more...refresh my brain here.

custom grind? all i c is a 280* & a 286/294*

what was the center line?

that gear with that cam is just luggin I bet, then the 28* initial on top of that
If you had a stock convertor it'd probably kink or vomit a rod.
btw at the same time..stock curve could be 3800-4000rpm
but who knows...
I'm gonna look at the pics more...refresh my brain here.

custom cam 106 LSA

and other than having to two foot it at a light it drive pretty well for not having the right gear/conveter

I know it's not what your after here but I have a 318 out in aj that I will let go cheap. (add is on cl as best offer look there for pics I posted it today) if you want to convert to the 318 I am getting rid of everything that is needed to make it run.

if your not intrested that's cool too. Let me know if you need a hand or a second set of eyes as I'm only about 15 min away from you.

I know it's not what your after here but I have a 318 out in aj that I will let go cheap. (add is on cl as best offer look there for pics I posted it today) if you want to convert to the 318 I am getting rid of everything that is needed to make it run.

if your not intrested that's cool too. Let me know if you need a hand or a second set of eyes as I'm only about 15 min away from you.

yea the slant has got to stay but thank u! im gonna need help putting it back in... there a *****, 1 hr to take out 4 hrs to put back in... i mean.... i just need an extra set of hands it easy!! haha

-
Back