Help!

-

CrazyPete

Reaction score
ok so i got my big super stock scoop for my 76 dart sport but i need to know proper placement before i start cutting and drilling any advise welcome thanks

Wherever you think it looks best.

I cut mine out under neith at the triangle in the center of the hood and leave 2inch tabs that can be bent over to hold the two to gather and put a little windshield urethane (don't use silicone it will blister the paint and will rust) in places around the hole under side of the hood.then if you look there are more than likely holes allredy drilled for the factory scoops if not there is all ways one in the center in the back of the hood.to give you a starting point..thats whow I do it..saves a lot of masureing.just be carful its not back to far or your rear bolts will hit the cowl area!ask me how I know this!!!...just trying to help.......Artie

haha great tips its just a flat stock hood ok next question do i bolt or pop rivet it has a nice large mounting flange

I put them on with windshield urethane drill holes in the scoop all the way thru the hood about every two inches for getting it and holding it where you want it. while all this is going on put the urethane in the oven turn the heat to the lowest setting..now make sure that scoop is where you want it because you only have like a 30 minute window before it sets up and once it does you will destroy the hood and scoop getting them apart..(if you go to napa and tell them you want the longest setting time urethan you can get. it seems like they change that stuff every week) buy now your say glue will be nice and warm and put a nice bead around the area of the scoop and I usually will put two long nails down threw the scoop so I can get it lined up without getting glue everywhere..then put all your screws in and letter set by the time you clean up the mess it will be race ready after taking out the screws.and if you can get the glue out of the tube I put some down threw the screw holes O ya I'd were a pair of gloves you can throw away.cuz if you get it on you it will have to wear off.Most of that stuff is paintable so you can finish it how ever you want..and it wont rust metal like silicon...have fun Artie

All measurements are from the rear,assuming your putting this on a different year .(mine 72 Scamp).

Attachments

• IMG_20131111_154817.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20131111_154943.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20131111_154955.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20131111_155209.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20131111_155509.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20131111_155654.jpg