Hemidenny K member club?

-
Had a chance to meet Denny in Indianapolis yesterday. Very knowledgable and personable. Thanks for spending a little time with me Denny and explaining your product!
Jim

Thanks for stopping by,

my grin always gets bigger when I get to meet a FABO brother/sister.

Looking for someone who has this installed,I just took mine to the powder coater,Wanting to know if you went with stock spindles or the 2 in drop and why--Thanks Steve

Denny look at post 333 the pic of the k-frame--Why does he have bolts thru the sleeves for the lower control arm???? did he put zirck fittings in there ???? should we??? I don't have those on the k-frame you sold me--Steve

Not zirks....they are stainless steel set screws to hold the axle for removal of poly locks now on both ends.

I am working on an updated version to retro-fit if interested. Just have go drill and tap the holes.

So there no longer is bolts used????? Just a shaft--Thanks for the help Denny-Got my stuff at the powder coaters

So there no longer is bolts used????? Just a shaft--Thanks for the help Denny-Got my stuff at the powder coaters

correct.

kind of a six to half dozen thing on the bolt head (to hold one end) vs set screws.

OK guy's need some input,Car-70 Duster-Engine 5.7 and then some-stock k-frame about to do surgery and add my HDK,Right now close ratio flam. river Manuel box,
so here is my thinking,I really have no problem with the Manuel steering BUT since I'm going rack and pinion I've been thinking about adding a power rack????? I don't know if the mustang two racks will work with the stock power steering pump?? Does anyone have experience with how a front steer rack and pinion steers compares to a stock manual box as far as effort goes and does it change things with the fact that the rack is front steer?????? So any input I would appreciate --Steve

Hotrodlane.cc retrofits a chevy LS1 power steering pump on the hemi that works with the mustang rack. I will look for the link.

http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/beep...WN-re-v1.4.pdf

Found this solution to PS pump pressure. The later Magnums put out about 1400 psi. The Mustang II rack only wants about 7 - 800.

I've also seen it in terms of volume, the Mustang rack wanting about 2 gal/min. Later Chevy pumps put out about 3, not sure on the Mopars.

From page 8 of my build thread. I don't know if the 5.7 pumps are the same.

Denny you failed to mention that the Mopar ball joint dust boots won't work. I searched through my inventory and found some that worked took different ones for the top and bottom

Attachments

• DSCF0295.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 681
the ones that come in the box with the ball joint (Moog) are the ones I have always used. I will agree, they are not the best fitting, but they have always held the grease in and kept the dust out.

I even experimented with the Energy Suspension boots mentioned in another thread, but the ones that come with the ball joint seem to give more overall coverage of the ball joint. I try not to to do anything on the cheap and only want what works the best.

what application are the ones you ended up with?

I don't know what they are for something Mopar I got them from my inventory there were some numbers on them I'll see if they bring anything up I should have said that they collapsed to much for my liking and shouldn't have said they won't work sorry my bad

355-9-13127g.jpg

those look like the Energy Suspension pieces. I have several sets. You are right, they fit better as far as collapsing, but they seem to need to be a larger diameter on the bottom. When I went thru the suspension sweep, they would ride off the theaded ball joint receiver. That is why I opted back to the ones that came with the ball joints.

I took a ball joint and housing to several local automotive parts stores......without an application (year/make/model)....the counter people were lost......nothing but blank stares.

LOL=Parts counter people these day's-WHAT A JOKE-sometimes technology is a BAD thing--Steve

I took a ball joint and housing to several local automotive parts stores......without an application (year/make/model)....the counter people were lost......nothing but blank stares.

Did it look like this, Denny?

Attachments

• autozone.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 626
Anyone on my power steering question????? Is R&P steering equal too the old Manuel mopar box??? or is there less effort with the rack & Pinion??? Thanks Steve

Swifter,
I Asked Denny a similar question and he said the R&P will not be any lighter, just tighter. I am going with power on mine and am using the GM Saganaw pump from Speedway motors.

Bobby

Got my TTI shorty headers today and headed for the shop. Drivers side fit great but the passenger side hit the motor mount. I dinged the header just a little then I decided rather than getting carried away I reworked the mount. I do have a low deck if it was a raised deck it might have cleared. I pulled the motor out to rework the mount and it went back in with the right side header installed

Attachments

• DSCF0307.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 574
  • DSCF0310.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 556
  • DSCF0315.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 576
  • DSCF0316.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 584
Can only be the #2 tube. Are they a universal/ street rod application?

I like the way they can keep the head pipe tucked up high

Nice work!

-
Back