Holley/Demon Carb stumble

-
727, remove Torque converter, hack bell housing off, bolt scatter shield on, flywheel, clutch pressure plate,.........add 3d peddle and slave cyl.
Aka a Clutch-O-Matic!!!!!!:D

Last edited:
Was this stumble ever solved?
What was the problem? Wrong bleeds, float level, PV ?

You all want to keep beleiving in miracle potions and easy tuning, go right ahead.
That's my Cliff Notes version of this thread.
:rofl:

You all want to keep beleiving in miracle potions and easy tuning, go right ahead.
That's my Cliff Notes version of this thread.

I didn't think I was being sarcastic... I just wanted to know what I missed.

If I recall I think yellow rose hadn't talked him into about $500 or more worth the parts and crap to tune a carburetor and learn a lot about carburetors LOL.. is the new carb better or not? Does it still have a stumble... Lord only knows...

Well, it's defiantly easy to spend money on a holley, but I don't think YR would have suggested it, if he didn't think it would help. Not that type of man, and has a funny way of being right.
Maybe I should take a month to read the entire thread...
Personally, I thought it might be an issue with the low bleeds being too large, causing a delay in booster draw. The stepped downlegs atomize well, but don't offer much in increased signal like the annulars.
LORD? was the stumble fixed??

You'll have to read the thread to find out.
tonguue-gif.gif

But jpar's having more fun making stuff up and poking fun so carry on.

As I recall, there was some good tech about fuel pressure and flow......and testing it, earlier in this thread.

Well, it's defiantly easy to spend money on a holley, but I don't think YR would have suggested it, if he didn't think it would help. Not that type of man, and has a funny way of being right.
Maybe I should take a month to read the entire thread...
Personally, I thought it might be an issue with the low bleeds being too large, causing a delay in booster draw. The stepped downlegs atomize well, but don't offer much in increased signal like the annulars.
LORD? was the stumble fixed??
If you read as many hot Rod magazine as YR you'd be bound to know something... LOL..

If you read as many hot Rod magazine as YR you'd be bound to know something... LOL..

Don’t forget the seminar next Friday that I’m super excited about, and I watched an EXCELLENT clutch seminar last night. I’m going to watch that several more times.

Smart people always are attracted to people who are smarter than them. That’s why I have notebooks full of notes going back to the mid 1980’s from conversations with all manner of people.

Plus, I like reading the comic books. I’d still get National Dragster if I wasn’t so pissed off at NHRA right now. And of course, Super Stock and Drag Illustrated was far and away the best magazine I’d found. And naturally, being critical of NHRA for years, Hot Rod bought it out and killed it, just like they killed Modified Eliminator. I’m still SICK about that.

For those that give a !@#%!#@% about this thread and not just having fun:poke:
There is not a answer yet!!!!!!!!

For all of you, i will tell you this.
I hate! yes HATE!!!!!! Searching threw a thead to find the original poster of the thread..............had gave up.........for whatever reason..............whether it's 1 page or 100 pages!!!!!! without give the "i have never figured it out".......OR "I have figured it out and this is what i found".

I have two complete Carbs now, and need to test them both.

I promise, this thread will NOT die without at least the results and some data on both carbs.

I want to say that i have found the problem and this is what it is..............But i have no proof or data to support my assumption.

I appreciate those that still have some interest in this thread after so many months and pages. For all your help, thoughts and ideas......I SAY THANK YOU!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

There IS a list as long as my arm for the potential reasons for my stumble. From the simplest of answers to the more complicated ones.

If i feel either carb need more than a jet change or squirter change . I will start a new thread.
Aka Iab Mab, Pvcr drilling exc. Flatting my fuel curve We will discover that in a new thread. I need my data logger for my o2 meter to Data Log before i can go down this road any ways.

This one is all about a Demon car Stumble.

Hopefully this doesn't become another bickering, for two more pages, before i get time to do some testing.:rolleyes:

For those that give a !@#%!#@% about this thread and not just having fun:poke:
There is not a answer yet!!!!!!!!

For all of you, i will tell you this.
I hate! yes HATE!!!!!! Searching threw a thead to find the original poster of the thread..............had gave up.........for whatever reason..............whether it's 1 page or 100 pages!!!!!! without give the "i have never figured it out".......OR "I have figured it out and this is what i found".

I have two complete Carbs now, and need to test them both.

I promise, this thread will NOT die without at least the results and some data on both carbs.

I want to say that i have found the problem and this is what it is..............But i have no proof or data to support my assumption.

I appreciate those that still have some interest in this thread after so many months and pages. For all your help, thoughts and ideas......I SAY THANK YOU!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

There IS a list as long as my arm for the potential reasons for my stumble. From the simplest of answers to the more complicated ones.

If i feel either carb need more than a jet change or squirter change . I will start a new thread.
Aka Iab Mab, Pvcr drilling exc. Flatting my fuel curve We will discover that in a new thread. I need my data logger for my o2 meter to Data Log before i can go down this road any ways.

This one is all about a Demon car Stumble.

Hopefully this doesn't become another bickering, for two more pages, before i get time to do some testing.:rolleyes:
If you're looking for the original poster of a thread it's usually on page one post one LOL..:realcrazy:.. after all this time even I know without barely reading much of it that all you've done is spent a whole crapload of money and gained a whole bunch of knowledge and still have the same problem LOL... now maybe someone can talk you into a Data logger and we'll find out how deep your pockets are...:thumbsup:... :poke:...
hey someone's got to keep everybody entertained while you're figuring out what to do next....:D...

now maybe someone can talk you into a Data logger and we'll find out how deep your pockets are...

I've wanted a datalogger, since Quik Data 20 yrs ago. I can afford one NOW!
Just haven't been able to get off my wallet.. .. . wallet's not thick enough anyway.

I've wanted a datalogger, since Quik Data 20 yrs ago. I can afford one NOW!
Just haven't been able to get off my wallet.. .. . wallet's not thick enough anyway.

I’m looking at the RPM data logger because it’s fairly inexpensive, is expandable, can log clutch RPM easily and I like what I’ve seen of the software.

I just need to get on and off the dyno without killing my junk and then get the engine with the new K frame in and THEN I can get the data logger. Way too much information is missed, especially when you have a clutch.

Sorry for the derail.

BTW CudaFever...if you are going to data log your A/F ratios, if you can log MAP and throttle position you can get your tuneup down to a gnats nut hairs.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but since I derailed the thread, I wanted to add something germane to the discussion.

I’m looking at the RPM data logger because it’s fairly inexpensive, is expandable, can log clutch RPM easily and I like what I’ve seen of the software.

I'll have to look into that ! (it's been off my radar lately..)
A friend of mine put a RacePak on this Stocker, and added a fuel pressure sensor at test n tune, and right away, he saw a fuel pressure issue.
I felt like a caveman, not having one... lol

I bought a o2 module years ago.........and there could be another 22 pages on that damn thing! or maybe more if J-par thinks he need to be "funny" thru that thread.
And here come another 2 pages of wasted space......................:rolleyes:

-
Back