I am sick of being sick

-
Hope you are feeling better. I am 63 and was under my car yesterday and had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, so i know how you feel. I have seen disrespecting by 3 relatives and on all three occassions they were drug related. Hope your problem does not stem from this. Try to work slowly and do not strain i found this to help. Hope things work out, your mopar brother, Walt

good thing she's not my kid.......she'd be gittin an *** whippin from one end to the other...my kid is on the edge of gitting one and my ex wife for being such an idiot,,,I don't even know if my son is coming back...I told him if I see his pants down below his waste again I'm burnin em and I damn sure meant it....the disrespect from teens these days is really gittin on my nerves.....prayers for you Bro

Sorry for your pain, sickness and heartache. You will be in my prayers. I don't have children, it's shameful the way your daughter is treating you, both she and your wife need to be told you're not allowing it any more, period. Spell out your conditions clearly.

Hope you are feeling better. I am 63 and was under my car yesterday and had a hard time getting out of bed this morning, so i know how you feel. I have seen disrespecting by 3 relatives and on all three occassions they were drug related. Hope your problem does not stem from this. Try to work slowly and do not strain i found this to help. Hope things work out, your mopar brother, Walt

I can positively say that it isn't drug related. You can't get her to take medicine until she is real sick and then she quits as soon as she gets to feeling better. She doesn' smoke or drink. She is a 3.9 to 4.0 student and Oklahoma State Univeristy. She knows that drugs will mess up her future income. Her mother is an a retired Probation and Parole officer for the State of Oklahoma.

I do things and if I push it too far I go down for a couple of days which is what I did yesterday. She is just a king size B**ch if she doesn't get her way the miniute she wants it and doesn't care how bad I am feeling. This is her mothers fault and we have always fought over it.

Brother,
I have the same 20 yr step daughter.
The girl has pulled every trick in tre book.
PM me.

Brother,
I have the same 20 yr step daughter.
The girl has pulled every trick in tre book.
PM me.

X2... I do everything for the girlfriends daughter ,pay for her own housing, schooling, etc. but im the asshole who is disrespected while deadbeat ex hushand/father does zip, owes mega $$ in alimony is god

boy i guess im not the only one with problems carcollecto - hang in there i feel for you - i hate ungrateful , disrespecting adult brats

Ok, I think I have taken enough meds that I need to go to sleep now cause my eyes are having problems focusing and I am having trouble hitting the correct keys on the puter. Thank you for sharing your stories and praying. God Bless you all.

i would be putting my foot right of that bitches *** if she was my daughter. Then i would send he on her way and tell her not to come back until she apologizes and knows how to talk to me and her mother.. Thats just uncalled for from her if you ask me.
x2 lifes too short.....

Don't have any kids, but at 30, sure as hell haven't been impressed with what i've seen around me lately. Dated a couple women with kids, and they sure were spoiled little s----.

I called my mom a b----, once and only once. Never got hit growing up(spanked doesn't count) but my dad knocked me half way across the room so quick that the words were barely out of my mouth. Never was dumb enough to be disrespectful again.

Been where you're at, my friend. PM me anytime if you need someone to vent to.
I know she's your daughter,just because you still love her doesn't mean you have to like her. At least with my kids (that I haven't seen in 10+years) you always hope for the best.
I do wonder, though, how she would react if someone treated her like that, or if her kids ever did that?
Haven't talked to you before, but would like to consider you a friend- we are all in this together! "This too shall Pass"

No, I don't want it to be this way but her mother always gets in the middle of things. This time I told them to call the mechanic and pay him to finish it because I am done. I need that child to finish the next two years of college and move far far far away from me. I am done just so done. I had a really nice mobile home with a step up bedroom and a sunken bathroom that I had totally remodled and gave it to her free of charge just to get her out of my house. She only has to pay gas and electric because we own the property. I would have kicked her a$$ to the curb but it would have cost me a divorce.

If your wife isn't on your side.... you do have it bad. I mean your wife is totally off in space if she allows her daughter cuss at you like that. I'd be telling her to pack her crap up and hit bricks as well. I might be a old time southern **** but the man SUPPOSED to be head of his household. I guess that's why I'm single. The ex tried to beat me down and make sure she controlled my every move. How'd that work out ...... not to good. I told her to get out of my house. The judge gave her nothing .... I mean NOTHING. The way you sounded in your first post that might be the best thing to happen is get a divorce. Yes it might cost you but at least you will have serenity and once again be happy. This type of stuff will mentally drag you down and kill you so be careful buddy.

Having to deal with the health issues is hard enough, but then to have to deal with your daughters ignorance is uncalled for. Why is it that the people we love/family treat us the worst?? My oldest son(almost 20) told me to piss off, so I have. He lives with his mom(if you can call her that) as she tolerates what he does....and in my house there are rules...obviously too tough for him to follow. Maybe your daughter should read this thread?? She will soon see how not to treat people especially your parents. Its gonna be an uphill battle for you if the wife and you arent on the same page. Sorry to hear of your troubles and I agree with everyone on here as far as her car goes. Good luck and keep posting....the venting will help.

If your wife isn't on your side.... you do have it bad. I mean your wife is totally off in space if she allows her daughter cuss at you like that. I'd be telling her to pack her crap up and hit bricks as well. I might be a old time southern **** but the man SUPPOSED to be head of his household. I guess that's why I'm single. The ex tried to beat me down and make sure she controlled my every move. How'd that work out ...... not to good. I told her to get out of my house. The judge gave her nothing .... I mean NOTHING. The way you sounded in your first post that might be the best thing to happen is get a divorce. Yes it might cost you but at least you will have serenity and once again be happy. This type of stuff will mentally drag you down and kill you so be careful buddy.

My daughter cusses and treats her mother the same way but my wife takes it and tries to make piece. My wife and I get along great until the B**ch starts her crap. They called the mechanic last night and he finished the car for them so it is gone and she is out of my hair. The left inner fender wasn't installed but it is just plastic and will only cause dents from the rocks flying out of the tire and hitting the fender from the inside. 4 clips that hold the bumper cover on was missing and not installed either but it still has 5 so it will stay on. All the had to do is go over to the parts car and pull them but they never told the mechanic because he would have. Same with the inner fender clips and he would have put it on too. He worked with what he gave them and it is good enough. I had already replaced the entire core support, hood, hood latch, head lights, marker lights, grille and radiator so everything was lined up and done correctly. I never go so much as a thanks for going to Tulsa and Oklahoma City to get parts and for doing all the work on it. All I can say is my daughter better enjoy it because it won't happen again.
I am still shaking and my guts hurt from all of her crap of dealing with her over the last week. have turned off all the phones so I won't have to deal with anyone I don't want to.

I would consider getting a couple of those "Nanny cam" hidden cameras, and turn them on whenerver she comes over. Then, compile a best of video, maybe starting with home movies when she was little, then adding on a "best of" recording of her nasty visits. Then play it for her. And if she ever had a friend over, that would be the first home movie I would bring out.

well bud im not sure what to say but damn it .... how some one would do this to there famliy ... im going to be the 1st one to say i was i dick when i was in my teens but i think we all was u know 10 foot tall and bullit proof .... but i like the home movie thing to show here what she looks like make sure she has a bf or some one with her and ask them would u do this to ur mom and dad , most will say hell no but ya u never know any way im only a phane call away if u nned to vent bro

Ok a civil approach ..... family counseling would be in order here if I'm not mistaken.

You sometimes have to stand up to them and put them back in their place. When my oldest son starts that crap with me, I walk away and tell him to do it himself. I'm done...
He usually comes back after cooling off and apologizes later. I usually make him wait a day before getting back to the garage to help him so he realizes that he just wasted my very limited time.

When he gets really bad, I go off and tell him, "'There is the front door. You are over 18 and can go live on your own. Buy your own car, pay for your own gas, your own insurance, food, roof over your head, utilities and everything else that I give you and then see how bad you have it here." You are an adult now, and I do not have to take care of you by law anymore. If you think that you can do better on your own, go on and see how "easy" it is. Then I either leave the house, or go to my bedroom and close my door for privacy so I can cool off. He usually cools off and apologizes later.

You can't let the kids push you around. Then you loose control. You have to call them out and put them in their place to realize how much you do for them and they should appreciate it, not resent it or demand more.

My son sounds somewhat similiar to your daughter. 20 years old, last two semesters in high school pulled a 3.9 gpa, graduated a semester early, went to trade school for automotive technician and graduated with 3.9 gpa, and is now starting college to pursue a 4 year degree. Of course, we have tended to give him everything most of his life and he has become a little spoiled and sometimes needs to be brought down to reality.

I feel for you on the pain. I was rear ended at over 90 MPH by an 18 year old back in October 88. Walked away with severe whiplash. I still get back and neck pain periodically and take alieve to help the pain (it is over the counter). Not to mention, I could use to drop some weight. I should get back to the gym and work out regularly like I used to 5 years ago. That helped reduce the pain. But like most of us, It's hard to find the time with everything else going on.

Good luck with your daughter and your pain. Sometimes it helps to take a warm/hot shower or sit in a hot tub for a while and that can ease some of the pain.

I can't say I know how you feel, but I'm turning 20 in a month. I've gotten into it with my parents in the past, but I sure as hell have not been spoiled. The luxurys I have, I bought. My parent's refused to buy us ipods, game systems, brand name clothes etc. I had to buy my Xbox 360, iPod, stereo, and my most recent pair of shoes with my own money. I've also had to pay for my two courses at UW Waukesha and fix my car. My parents helped, but what they lent me, I had to pay back asap. Thanks to my tax rebate I was able to finish paying them back in May rather than July. In short, I've had to pay for a lot of things on my own.

I have mouthed off to my parents a couple times and both times have gotten, "you wanna move out?" as an answer. I don't have enough to do so, so I shut up and stew silently and irritated. So yes, I don't know how good my advice will be but all I can say is tough love. Force her to do it on her own. My dad did the same when I crashed my caprice. It was, fix it yourself or find another way to get yourself to school. It seems like from what I've seen every time I hear about this, the dads are trying to be the nice guys and are being taken advantage of. You can't do that. I know it may sound harsh and that I'm just a kid, but you have have tough love. They'll just keep doing it over and over again until you either cut them off or they realize what jerks they've been. I don't want to presume to sound like a know it all 20 yo, but I feel like that is the only way possible to ever break the cycle.

The Girl's behaviour could be due to a chemical imbalance, not under her control..

Just Sayin'

-

The Girl's behaviour could be due to a chemical imbalance, not under her control..

Just Sayin'

-
Could be. Not defending any one here but an untreated mental ailment is a nightmare for all involved. Often times people that are bi-polar lash out like this. I have for years. Stress is often a trigger for bi-polar folks. Good luck....

-
Back