if i were to buy a modern challenger ....this is it

-
Redneck Rani.
Has a nice ring to it.

:cheers:

I actually take that as a compliment because I have had genuine numbers matching rednecks tell me that with proper training and practice that I too can be a redneck

Attachments

• e83053ee25.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 184
I have no Issue with the Battle Flag being on a car or flying in the air.. I have one on my house for sure as I am proud of my heritage. As far as the new Challengers go.. I love mine.. Not a high impact color but the Tungsten is nice..

Attachments

• WP_20150311_004.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 169
  • WP_20150313_004.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 151
Personally, I'm neither a fan nor an opponent of the Dukes paint job. If that's what you want on your car, Great. Knock yourself out.
I would not paint any car I own in that livery, though. I was never one for graphics on cars, anyway.
Even when I raced I hated to have to spoil the cars paint job with words and numbers, and contingency decals.
I even went as far as to have full door panel magnetic signs made for our company vehicles, with body color backgrounds for that same reason.

go for it Rani! Just don't put that on the Cyber Green Beetle you secretly want. I can relate to the Beetle, my daughter has a green one, with the TDI and a sunroof.

:cheers:

I actually take that as a compliment because I have had genuine numbers matching rednecks tell me that with proper training and practice that I too can be a redneck

uhm...no

"redneck" and "proper training" do not got together
now, if you want to mix "redneck" and "hold my beer and watch this" you might be on to something

uhm...no

"redneck" and "proper training" do not got together
now, if you want to mix "redneck" and "hold my beer and watch this" you might be on to something

I think you are mistaken.. The term goes back at least to the 1830s where it pops up in the Carolinas to refer to a farmer that works in the sun. Over time the back of his neck would sunburn. So calling someone a redneck is not a bad thing.. Our farmers are some of the hardest working people on earth.

I never cared much for the show.
The only thing that it had to me was the '69 Charger of course, and Daisy Duke in her shorts........
i did like the characters of Uncle Jessie, Roscoe P. Coltrane, and Enos though!
Overall, i thought it was a pretty dumb show.
Yes, i did watch all of the episodes for the above mentioned reasons, but, i hate all of the Chargers they wrecked for the making of the show.
On the other hand, the Challenger looks great Rani! (Princess).

I think you are mistaken.. The term goes back at least to the 1830s where it pops up in the Carolinas to refer to a farmer that works in the sun. Over time the back of his neck would sunburn. So calling someone a redneck is not a bad thing.. Our farmers are some of the hardest working people on earth.

goes back that far, yes
and it may or may not have its roots in the miners fighting the unions, all stand up guys one would be proud to be associated with

but over time the meaning of a word changes (remember Bill Clinton?) and what people think of nowadays is not even a shadow of what it meant then

my point is, I didn't mean any disrespect for them men who bore the word when it first came out but to be called a redneck nowadays (at least by one definition) is to display "a glorious lack of sophistication"

Rani, if we could see you standing next to the orange challenger, wearing a pair of Daisy Dukes, then maybe we'd like it better !

goes back that far, yes
and it may or may not have its roots in the miners fighting the unions, all stand up guys one would be proud to be associated with

but over time the meaning of a word changes (remember Bill Clinton?) and what people think of nowadays is not even a shadow of what it meant then

my point is, I didn't mean any disrespect for them men who bore the word when it first came out but to be called a redneck nowadays (at least by one definition) is to display "a glorious lack of sophistication"

Precisely and well put but somewhat narrow to the core point of what is said.

Absolutely correct that the meaning of things changes over time. Just as the philosopher Heraclitus stressed that change is central to the universe. But also on the same side of the coin and as someone who subscribes to the Epicurean school of thought, i would challenge the path of evolution of the term.

So with that, I do understand where you see the term "redneck" as having negative conations associated to under-educated farmers of yesteryear. however I would like to believe that the term is evolving into a better and uniting term with the current generation.

The Freudian view would suggest that the modern "redneck" lives a dual life of being ingrained in the predecessor generations yet at the same time evolving into what some would call a more "sophisticated" variety via luxuries and inherent societal education advances namely the internet.

One could also argue that the modern "redneck" has a touch of darwinistic evolution because how many of the new generation of "rednecks" actually work in the fields anymore to get the requisite red neck?

One key point I like about quote modern "redneck" is they vastly lack a pompous attitude that is inherit in others who believe they are of an artificial pedigree.

So in short, I would like to part of the evolution of the term into a positive and uniting connotation as defining someone who enjoys the simple things of the current American society.(an old dodge) However this evolution may be long coming due to the human nature of perception lagging behind reality.

Jus sayin. :D

Maybe orange numbers and a rebel flag on mine.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 84
Precisely and well put but somewhat narrow to the core point of what is said.

Absolutely correct that the meaning of things changes over time. Just as the philosopher Heraclitus stressed that change is central to the universe. But also on the same side of the coin and as someone who subscribes to the Epicurean school of thought, i would challenge the path of evolution of the term.

So with that, I do understand where you see the term "redneck" as having negative conations associated to under-educated farmers of yesteryear. however I would like to believe that the term is evolving into a better and uniting term with the current generation.

The Freudian view would suggest that the modern "redneck" lives a dual life of being ingrained in the predecessor generations yet at the same time evolving into what some would call a more "sophisticated" variety via luxuries and inherent societal education advances namely the internet.

One could also argue that the modern "redneck" has a touch of darwinistic evolution because how many of the new generation of "rednecks" actually work in the fields anymore to get the requisite red neck?

One key point I like about quote modern "redneck" is they vastly lack a pompous attitude that is inherit in others who believe they are of an artificial pedigree.

So in short, I would like to part of the evolution of the term into a positive and uniting connotation as defining someone who enjoys the simple things of the current American society.(an old dodge) However this evolution may be long coming due to the human nature of perception lagging behind reality.

Jus sayin. :D

Uh well said.... lol.... I have no problem being called a redneck and would be proud to be associated with that term.

having been raised in the deep South, I understand the deep sense of loyality to that part of the country. in high school , if the band played Dixie, everyone went WILD. it had nothing to do with race,( and this was back before race took the forefront of everything.) same feeling for that flag. has nothing really to do with the civil war to me.

the Dukes Of Hazzard is yes, pretty "childish" maybe, but it as a TV show about doing what is right, and fighting for the little guy, and against corruption??? I hate to know how many chargers were destroyed, yes a shame.

Redneck, i'm proud to call myself a redneck, a country bumpkin, hick, country boy, whatever you want to call it. maybe Jeff Foxworth's humor ( which I like) solidified the assumption that a redneck is a stupid, lazy, ignorant inbred? I never take myself too seriously anyway!

-
Back