I'm gonna need some help

-
Man, your pizza idea was just stomp ***. I bet they were good. That was awesome of you.

I got the pizza idea from an earlier post. I think it was someone from Canada (Steve I think) who sent some money for lunch and beer and recommended pizza. Then the wheels in my head started turning and trying to figure it out. I almost didn't do it thinking that the box would get beat up in the mail or tipped and the pizzas would get ruined. My ex wife was visiting and telling me not to and I was too busy (blah, blah, blah...). I said that I wanted to and let me do this. Once I set my mind to doing something, I don't let anything get in my way or stop me.

So I got the box, the dry ice, and the styrofoam to insulate it. The styrofoam was thicker than I had planned and couldn't make it fit all four sides of the box, so I just lined the box with foil. So I ordered the pizzas and put them in the box with the dry ice and went to my local FedEx office by 7 PM (last shipment 7:30 from there). I'm ready to ship it and tell her there is pizza with dry ice and she says she can't accept it with dry ice. Then referred me to another FedEx office 30 minutes away (luckly last shipment from there was 8 PM) that could accept a box with dry ice. I went there and it was only $5 difference to have it delivered from 3 PM to 10 AM, so I told her I wanted it delivered by 10 AM. So I filled out the paper work and she accepted it.

I couldn't stop after I already picked up the pizzas. I had two for us at home. There was no way that I could eat all six within a week and I didn't have room in the freezer and fridge to store them. Plus, I figured that it would be a good morale booster for the workers to take a break and eat some pizza to recharge their batteries to finish the job. I've brought this stuff on planes and the flight attendants try to trick me out of a box or two of pizza.

I've seen some tv shows that make fun of Chicago pizza and ask what the big deal is. They obviously haven't tried our pizza. Now you guys know what the big deal is about Chicago pizza. I'm glad it made such a hit. All of you that dedicated your time to go help Bruce deserved to be rewarded with our pizza. Plus it adds to the memories. Sometimes the journey and the memories to achieve the goal are just as important as the finished project.

The important thing is now Bruce has his ramp and scooter. Thanks to Waggs for organizing it and pulling it together. And thanks to all of the volunteers who went down to build it. And thanks to all of those who sent money (even those who could not really afford it and did anyway) and donated money from the sale of their parts to help. I am still amazed how Waggs pulled off the scooter. I enjoyed helping you guys pull it off. This was a great team effort. This is a great example of what can be accomplished when people pull together for a common cause. I'm glad that I was able to be part of your team.

Well, it ended up that Calvin got it, so all was well. I was gonna call him and had he not been able to get it, or Bruce's family not gotten it, I was gonna go get it, but it all worked out. Yall all did a great job on this project. This oughtta be a sticky to show people what FABO can do.

What a great outpouring of support guys! The finished product looks fantastic. It never ceases to amaze me the community that is FABO, and how people who know each other only by their screen name can come together to help those in times of need.

Again, great job guys, and I'm sure Bruce will be more than pleased with his new racing ramp.

Grant

What a great outpouring of support guys! The finished product looks fantastic. It never ceases to amaze me the community that is FABO, and how people who know each other only by their screen name can come together to help those in times of need.

Again, great job guys, and I'm sure Bruce will be more than pleased with his new racing ramp.

Grant
Thank you Grant :coffee2: I could not have put it in better words this morning :color:
To see that great big ramp and all the support that waggin pulled together and got things dun, That's the kind of man he is! Getting things dun :cheers:
The scooter is so cool and it's going to be so good to see Bruce back home soon and enjoying life at home. Prayers to each and everyone of the folks that jumped in to see this threw. Bless you all and thank you for all that has been dun. I am very humbled !! And that I thank you all for :color:

If something like this comes up again, I can get a military discount at lowes or home depot. Wish I would have joined this website a week earlier. Just talked to you on the phone Cal (clhyer)...it was a pleasure talking to you! This amazes me, that this type of kindness still exists. I tend to forget that there are still humans with hearts in this world.

Grant....This happened because of your generosity.....I can't tell you if I would be around with out your help...i still owe you bud! I sure hope that if ever you are in need that I am there to help..krazycuda and superdart340 and memike and cudachick and tuckerjr and mrbill00 or mullinax or chyler and sgbarracuda and especially sgbarracuda.......He kept me sane thru this...otherwise I felt out of place everyone at f.a.b.o. and joey and adam that just made this thing we call family happen...Grant you were a big part of this project........Thank You So much !!!!

Grant

Totally freakin' cool awesome stuff !
All you guys/gals are above the top. I wished I was closer to lend a hand and my services as my funds are low at this time.
What a awesome group of peoples !

-RPM

Mindy showed him some pic's when we went to see him on the way home to florida.....she gave him a hug for all of us...yea he got a grin from that :D

Mel sent me some pics of the ramp building day that all of you were kind enough to take part in. She sent over 50 pics, so I picked the ones I thought were the best.........Great job everyone :thumbup: :angel10:

Attachments

• Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0011 (Small).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0029 (Small).jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0025 (Small).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0022 (Small).jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0020 (Small).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0015 (Small).jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0014 (Small).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0013 (Small).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 138
One more batch.......:hello2:

Attachments

• Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0055 (Small).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0052 (Small).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0050 (Small).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0048 (Small).jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0044 (Small).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0037 (Small).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0031 (Small).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Bruce's Ramp From FABO 0056 (Small).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 127
Thanks for posting the pics, really shows how big of a job it was, and what FABO members are willing to go through for a friend in need.

Thank you so much for getting these up for me! I'm so glad that folks are gonna see the art work! You all did so much we just cannot say thank you enough. The Pizza and the Scooter and all the gathering of friends was amazing. The results was incredible! Much love, Melanie

Love the pics. Good to see for those of us who could not make it down there.

-
Back