Isn't 'Cuda a model, not a nickname?

-
Cuda Shmuda, Never mind all the text and comments, How the heck did my signature photo get installed at the bottom of your profile? That is supposed to be at the bottom of my profile page between the (sigpic) deals that were part of the instructions. (I never did get it to work)

I have no idea how it got there maybe you should ask the administrator
about it. This is the second time someone asked me about it. All I see is my own stuff.

I've got 2 'cudas and a 'koda
A guy at work made this decal for the back window on my Dakota.

image.jpeg

My father bought a new 63 Valiant Signet, and when the fast back version came out, he forever after called them "Barrac-a-doos".
So that's what I've always been inclined to call them.

1467557995695.jpg

I saw a lot of people missed it as pointed out early on. Mopar didn't invent the 'Cuda name, the people did. They applied that name to Barracudas long before Mopar ever stuck the name on a fender. So true the first 'Cuda badge ever put on a car and trademarked was the 69 model. That doesn't mean that they weren't nicknamed that years before by the public at large. Any snob that tries to disrespect somebody calling a 65 a 'Cuda only got their history from Wikipedia.

Stang.
Vette.
Chevy.
Just for the sake of discussion, Ford never had a Mustang submodel named "Stang". Chevrolet never had a Corvette submodel named "Vette". Chevrolet had a few sub models called "Chevy", Chevy II and Heavy Chevy just like Plymouth had Barracuda's which is what they all were and the sub model "Cuda" which not all Barracuda's were. My comments are all about factory designations not nicknames. Yes Cuda is a shortcut name for the name Barracuda and is also a sub model.

I guess now, after more than 25 years of ownership, more than a decade of being The CudaChick (and now apparently 'sharing' my long-held handle with an apostrophied version of ANOTHER on this very board who has an Early A no less), I'll have to give it all up and become The BarracudaBabe1968 now.

Pfffftttttt screw that! It just doesn't hold the same lure for me so you guys will just have to deal with it.

Uh oh, Nella is going to have to change her name now too, from CudaGirl to BarracudaGirl!!! Just sorta rolls off the tongue don't it?? But, It's the price we have to pay nowadays to be politically correct, and we all know how important that is!!!

image.jpg

As said earlier: 'Cuda a model, not a nickname, you had the plane Jane Barracuda or the optioned out 'Cuda and this starting in 69. There is a difference between the two.

all those barracuda owners, for all those years, calling their cars 'cudas.

Mass visions of the future. Incredible.

all those barracuda owners, for all those years, calling their cars 'cudas.

Mass visions of the future. Incredible.
Nobody is re writing history here. You can still call your Barracuda's Cuda's and there won't be any Cuda police.

Well....I think all Plymouth Barracudas can be called Cudas. It's just that some came with an apostrophe and some did not.

But I guess to answer the question: Yes the 'Cuda is a model but it's also a nickname for all Plymouth Barracudas. Plus... it just sounds cool. Who wouldn't want to call their Barracuda a Cuda?

[QUOTE="norshorblufish...."The base models were just Barracudas".

Just want to add my 2 ¢ to this... Almost from the get go... Peeps were calling the early Barracuda... 'Cuda... Even Chrysler used the nickname 'Cuda in a very early 65 advertising campaign.... (See & read attached photos)

Per Chrysler 1965 "After the Furys and the Belvederes and the Valiants. . .
No, that's not right. The " 'Cuda " doesn't really come after anything. It's more in a world of its own."

Besides... For Many years... My license plate reads... 65 CUDA... And I have no plans on changing it!!!!

View attachment 1714947009

View attachment 1714947008[/QUOTE]

This BOOM! End of discussion! 1965 and even Plymouth calling it a 'Cuda.

Like I said back on page one, this fight is all about the E body...not the A body.

A body 'Cudas are cool.

E body 'Cudas are Johnny-Come-Along-Later juiced up try hards.

Oh, hi Barry :wink:

I'll never admit it in public, but when I hear the phrase "muscle car" The E-body Cuda is what instantly pops into my head. She is purpose built, pure raw sex. To me the early A Barracudas were more of an American sports car. Cute, and sexy, but more in a Gidget or flying nun kinda way

and the Valiant, well she is in a class of her own. She is like the mom of your buddy you grew up with that lives down the street. One day around your 16th birthday, you notice her for the first time, in a whole different light...

-
Back