Jegs

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
just a heads up for those who use Jegs. They have changed their shipping a little I guess to save a dollar. For small parts now they are using USPS instead of FedEx. I ordered a pair of Moser axle bearings for my Duster Tuesday morning thinking they would be here Wednesday. I have always gotten my parts the next day as I am only 150 miles from them. I checked their website later that night to make sure they shipped and didn't see a tracking # and called to make sure the order was placed and the girl told me they were being shipped via USPS. She told me that had I requested FedEx they would have shipped it that way. I told her that had I known they had changed their shipping carrier, I would have. as it stands now, I may get them tomorrow in the mail which will be too late to get them pressed on and it is going to tie me up until next week. I hate change. So keep that in mind if you order something from them and usually get it fast. Request FedEx.

they sure put a big imposition on me right now. I just ordered a couple of Iwata paint guns from Summit this morning. It shows they are being shipped ground. I should get them tomorrow. will see.

Oh, that would have teed me right off, as mine would get sent back if that were the case. 2 different shipping addresses.

UPDATE: I checked the USPS tracking # on this shipment. The box is in Cleveland, Ohio. That is 150 miles north of Jegs. I am 150 miles south of Jegs. USPS sent the package north to the dist. center instead of sending it south to the dist. center in Cincinnati. Doesn't make any sense to me but maybe that is why they are going broke. ANYWAY..... I got pissed and went on to Jegs website and sent an email to the customer service and told them about the situation and told them that it probably won't make any difference to them because they do not care about customer service anymore anyway but I just had to vent to someone and it just happened to be them. Last time I vented to my wife, she vented back and I think I got the short end of the stick, so I didn't choose her this time. I received a phone call a little while ago from the operation manager and he said he was concerned about this situation. It seems that they started this new deal with USPS about 2 weeks ago and he could not understand why the package is in Cleveland and should be at my door.
So he told me that the CS girl who took my order was talked to. He asked what he could do to make this right. I told him that I just needed my bearings and we worked it out that there just happened to be one more set of bearings in the whse.. He had me buy the other set and he is going to priority overnight them to me at no charge
so I can have them in the morning. When the other set gets here some day, I will send them back and get a credit for them on my account. He also noted my account that all shipments in the future will be FedEx only. It worked itself out but what a mess.

I think they have opened a can of worms that is going to get away from them real fast if they don't get this info on the site, AND in the cart area when you check out, AND make sure ALL of the customer service reps make it known on phone orders.

Like I said, if they shipped USPS to my shipping address on file, I wouldn't get it.

I called and asked just to confirm and they are using USPS, the problem is the customer might not necessarily know how an item ships as their system flags it to ship one way or another. You can request it be shipped Fed Ex by why would you when all of your past orders have shipped that way and you aren't aware of the change.

This thread and a conversation I had with them has been forwarded up the chain, hopefully they get it resolved to eliminate the boo boo's.

I never order from jegs anymore.summit I always get stuff the next day

I'm amazed their tracking system showed it in the system that fast. Around here you can't track USPS until after you get it. Sometimes a few days later.

I'm amazed their tracking system showed it in the system that fast. Around here you can't track USPS until after you get it. Sometimes a few days later.

That's because you live in Michigan.

Oh, wait a minute, so do I. :D

no Bruce, you live in a truck. that's why you don't get your items, LOL

It's funny you say that, I have often wondered when I pass a mail truck, UPS and such if I just passed my package that's headed my way.

And at Christmas time I haul mail, I have often wondered if I hauled my own, lol.

And Bruce, according to the ops mgr., because of this screw up he told me that they are going to have a training session on telling people that they are shipping small items via USPS and I told him that the people who order online or in person should have the option to ship either FedEx or USPS. I would never choose USPS to ship anything I needed in a timely manner. You cannot track it accurately or even count on it getting there.

Grrrr USPS.... I bought an item off eBay that was a 191 miles from me in far SW Missouri. It was shipped that day. It went to Springfield Mo to Des Moines IA to Dallas Tx before it came to Stillwater Ok. It traveled +/- 1000 miles and took 5 or 6 business days to get here.

And Bruce, according to the ops mgr., because of this screw up he told me that they are going to have a training session on telling people that they are shipping small items via USPS and I told him that the people who order online or in person should have the option to ship either FedEx or USPS. I would never choose USPS to ship anything I needed in a timely manner. You cannot track it accurately or even count on it getting there.

Yeah, that's what they told me, I called them when I saw this post because I order from them occasionally and that is something that would have messed me up big time.

They are "supposed" to put the options in the cart area so you know how something is shipping, but we all know how that stuff works sometimes. Having to use two different addresses can mess things up real bad here, especially when I don't know how something is being shipped.

I have had companies tell me that they use USPS but can't ship to a PO Box, well I tell them we can't do business then.

Grrrr USPS.... I bought an item off eBay that was a 191 miles from me in far SW Missouri. It was shipped that day. It went to Springfield Mo to Des Moines IA to Dallas Tx before it came to Stillwater Ok. It traveled +/- 1000 miles and took 5 or 6 business days to get here.

Funny how this works out. I just got back to work after going out at lunch to buy some stamps and do some banking. I stopped at the post office first JUST TO BUY STAMPS and I was 7th in line. There was only one woman at the counter working at 12:15 PM which I gotta believe is prime time for walk-up customers. Are you kidding me? This is not a small post office either.

It took me about one minute to see what was going on and I walked out. The post office near my house had automated service where you can do most everything right in the lobby 24 hrs. a day and that's what I'll do tonight.

Is it any wonder the USPS loses money even when subsidized by the government?

well, the bearings are shipping overnight according to the new tracking # and are supposed to be here by noon tomorrow. I called the shop and they told me that they will change them tomorrow and that way I can get the Duster back together tomorrow night and moved out of the way. Then I can get the compressors switched out and get ready for the next project that is supposed to be picked up Saturday. A blast from the past.1976 Maverick. I was using the bearing problem as an excuse to take a day or two off but it doesn't look like that will happen, so back to the grind stone. No rest for the wicked.

USPS is my least preferred method of shipping. They usually leave a note in my mailbox to pick up the package at the PO cause they are too lazy to get out of their car or they fear the wagging tails on my dawgs may hit them. The PO is only accessable to me Sat AM.

Summit much better IMO.

It's funny you say that, I have often wondered when I pass a mail truck, UPS and such if I just passed my package that's headed my way.

And at Christmas time I haul mail, I have often wondered if I hauled my own, lol.

That there would be pretty damn funny if it wasn't maybe true!!!

Yeah in ca.summit has a wharehouse in sparks nevada I think it is.order before twelve noon you get your stuff about the same. Time the next day...jegs you wait a week...

Yeah in ca.summit has a wharehouse in sparks nevada I think it is.order before twelve noon you get your stuff about the same. Time the next day...jegs you wait a week...

X2

I ordered my pistons at 9 P.M. last year, and they showed up on my door step the next morning. I'm in Oregon. It has always been 1-2 days.

-
Back