Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
DD6BCF30-7620-4006-A777-F053BA9E607B.jpeg

I guess we look at things different I take pride in doing the best I can and researching to know how to do things the best I can and when another man that does not know what he is doing and looks to me for all the answers is rewarded for that I lost my pride and no longer give 2 *****. I am at the point now after 37 years of giving my best with no recognition for that I will just ride out my last few years.
Been there, done that, same type of circumstances. Went civilian ROAD (Retired On Active Duty) my last 3 years.

Felt pretty good, actually, when all my “give a damn was gone” about the BS side of the job (environmental scientist on endangered species issues for a government agency). I am practical, not a “Sky-Is-Falling” guy with a MS degree and 37 yrs experience at the time I got passed over the last time. Did my job to the letter of the job description 3 more years then retired.

Miss working with my friends and on environmental issues, not the paperwork, politics, the “greenies,” or the US Fish & Wildlife Service.

Plan your retirement. Living well is the best.

Been there, done that, same type of circumstances. Went civilian ROAD (Retired On Active Duty) my last 3 years.

Felt pretty good, actually, when all my “give a damn was gone” about the BS side of the job (environmental scientist on endangered species issues for a government agency). I am practical, not a “Sky-Is-Falling” guy with a MS degree and 37 yrs experience at the time I got passed over the last time. Did my job to the letter of the job description 3 more years then retired.

Miss working with my friends and on environmental issues, not the paperwork, politics, the “greenies,” or the US Fish & Wildlife Service.

Plan your retirement. Living well is the best.
I was thinking about this on the way home. It is time for me to plan retirement and leave this rat race. I plan on farming when I retire as it is calming to me. They just helped make my decision and so have you Thanks

I was thinking about this on the way home. It is time for me to plan retirement and leave this rat race. I plan on farming when I retire as it is calming to me. They just helped make my decision and so have you Thanks
I can think of something you can farm that is claiming...but you better plant some brownies too, because that stuff always makes me hungry

As long as you have all your ducks in a row then it might be time. That situation will always be on your mind every day when you punch that time clock. A good mechanic like yourself wouldn't have much trouble finding a new place to work. Just not a dealership working flat rate unless you're good with your pen if you know what I mean. You'll know when it's time to retire just like I did. When you dread going into work then its time. I retired at 64 and never looked back. Living the dream. If you decided to retire now how long would it be before you can collect your pension? Also health benefits are a major item to consider as you aren't getting any younger and the older you get the more you need them. Meds can be very expensive if you don't have any coverage. Lots of things to consider so think long and hard.

Going north this morning to bring my buddies Stang home from winter storage. I'll have my mask on so nobody will know me.
Enjoy your day.

As long as you have all your ducks in a row then it might be time. That situation will always be on your mind every day when you punch that time clock. A good mechanic like yourself wouldn't have much trouble finding a new place to work. Just not a dealership working flat rate unless you're good with your pen if you know what I mean. You'll know when it's time to retire just like I did. When you dread going into work then its time. I retired at 64 and never looked back. Living the dream. If you decided to retire now how long would it be before you can collect your pension? Also health benefits are a major item to consider as you aren't getting any younger and the older you get the more you need them. Meds can be very expensive if you don't have any coverage. Lots of things to consider so think long and hard.
I have 6 years for pension with benefits and that is what I am now planning for. To make 30 years I would have to go 9 years but that is now out of the picture being I will hate going to work the rest of my career. I may not work all of the scheduled overtime anymore and for sure I will not work any overtime where they call me in 4 1/2 hours before my shift if another guy calls off.

And she dont remember where she put it 5 minutes later just away.

last week she went jogging, just around our pond
and when she came in she couldnt find her glasses

so i said, where did you last have them?
over by the bench where you fish

so i went out, and checked around all three of the benches around the pond but did not see them anywhere

her glasses remained MIA for almost a week, untill i went to mow the lawn yesterday

as i was going up and down the yard i caught a reflection of something sitting on a big log by the firepit
went to check it out and sure enough, it was her glasses

and no, there are no benches near the fire pit

When I misplace something I always blame it on my wife.
Even though I'm not married it keeps me looking good. lol

this seems like a good place to vent

so, here is the back story, i got to run into a town about 1.5 from home to pick up a present for a buddy (his wife is gonna hate it, it will be great)

now i dont mind the drive, specially since i know this town, the wife used to work there and we'd go there quite often
there is a hotel we'd stay at, a place that actually serves tasty pizza and a "fitness center" with a pool that the hotel guests get access too

so i figured, lets make a day out of it
but first, lets check in with the pizza shop

hey, yeah, this is the 'rage speaking, i just wanted to see what time you guys have the buffet going on this weekend?

turns out, they are only open for take out

now, their pizza is good, but it is still only pizza, and i dont want to pay dine in prices for take out food
(not to mention that with the buffet i can get a few slices of different pizzas, but now im either stuck eating only one, or buying a few different pies)

crap

well, at least we can go to the cinema there
they have this cute little cinema, recently renovated with comfy seats and only 2 screens

so i call them and ask what they are playing
one lame movie about some golfer and one "kids movie" that is 10 years old and is about some kid who "in order to win her heart must defeat his new girlfriends seven evil exes"

how is this a kids movie?
im here trying to raise decent kids and this punk is supposed to be the hero of the movie and this hobag is the price?

come on man

so we wont be going there

well, i'll call the pool and see what time they have free swim

"hey, yup this is the 'rage, hey, what time is family swim this weekend"

well, we have adult swim on friday and saturday

great, i didnt ask that, i asked about family swim

well, you see, with the covid going on, we ask that only people 12 and up use the pool

crap

i guess ill just pick up a bottle of niquil and have the kids sleep in the car for 3 hours

this seems like a good place to vent

so, here is the back story, i got to run into a town about 1.5 from home to pick up a present for a buddy (his wife is gonna hate it, it will be great)

now i dont mind the drive, specially since i know this town, the wife used to work there and we'd go there quite often
there is a hotel we'd stay at, a place that actually serves tasty pizza and a "fitness center" with a pool that the hotel guests get access too

so i figured, lets make a day out of it
but first, lets check in with the pizza shop

hey, yeah, this is the 'rage speaking, i just wanted to see what time you guys have the buffet going on this weekend?

turns out, they are only open for take out

now, their pizza is good, but it is still only pizza, and i dont want to pay dine in prices for take out food
(not to mention that with the buffet i can get a few slices of different pizzas, but now im either stuck eating only one, or buying a few different pies)

crap

well, at least we can go to the cinema there
they have this cute little cinema, recently renovated with comfy seats and only 2 screens

so i call them and ask what they are playing
one lame movie about some golfer and one "kids movie" that is 10 years old and is about some kid who "in order to win her heart must defeat his new girlfriends seven evil exes"

how is this a kids movie?
im here trying to raise decent kids and this punk is supposed to be the hero of the movie and this hobag is the price?

come on man

so we wont be going there

well, i'll call the pool and see what time they have free swim

"hey, yup this is the 'rage, hey, what time is family swim this weekend"

well, we have adult swim on friday and saturday

great, i didnt ask that, i asked about family swim

well, you see, with the covid going on, we ask that only people 12 and up use the pool

crap

i guess ill just pick up a bottle of niquil and have the kids sleep in the car for 3 hours

Another good reason why I left Michigan

-
Back