Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Good morning, good day, good evening been real busy lately and the weather has turned here too just got up to 12c today wtf it was 27 this time last week oh well at least I’m not shovelling :poke:stay safe fellas

Morning guys and Happy Tuesday.
Here we go again with another gorgeous day.
It would be nice to have it this way till April then warm up lol.
Have a great day

Crazy day here Had to take the MIL to the hospital this morning And did the same on Sunday.
She isn't feeling good and almost had to carry her to the car.:BangHead:

Geez I'm getting spoiled with this superb weather, but it will come to an end one of these days. Possible rain late tomorrow and more rain on Halloween. Geez that may mean we'll have to eat all these chocolate candies, all 90 of them but I'll do my best.

Very sorry to hear that Fred
IMG_20221025_180143537.jpg
She's been hanging on that cane in her chair for the most part of 4 days. She wants to die and be with her husband and nothing I can do to help.

View attachment 1716002874She's been hanging on that cane in her chair for the most part of 4 days. She wants to die and be with her husband and nothing I can do to help.
I understand......When mom passed dad sat at her bedside saying it was not to happen this way and for the next 3 years he said he wanted to be with her. A broken heart is hard to heal.

View attachment 1716002874She's been hanging on that cane in her chair for the most part of 4 days. She wants to die and be with her husband and nothing I can do to help.
I remember when my grandma died

One of the last things she told me was that she wanted to be with her husband...she had been a widow for over 1/4 of a century allready

Have you contacted hospice or palliative care yet?
It sounds like she is in the "quality over quantity" stage of life, and those guys were absolutely amazing with my mother in law

I can sure understand that, she's probably feeling very lonely and depressed. My mom's parent's died within 3 months of each other after some 50 years of marriage. The only time they were ever apart was when gramps was overseas for nearly 3 years during WW2.

I understand......When mom passed dad sat at her bedside saying it was not to happen this way and for the next 3 years he said he wanted to be with her. A broken heart is hard to heal.
My dad and me crawled into the bottle for about 3 weeks. Dad called a girl and got remarried 6 months later. Made it 15 more years with that woman. Of course, dad was a good catch. :lol:

Morning guys. Being out in the bush for the past 4 days and no meat yet. Oh well that’s why they call it hunting, otherwise they would call it grocery store. Witnessed a pine marten take out a squirrel, wish the Dart was that fast. Froze my *** off yesterday so day off today. How about the 69 dart hood, Fred. Might jazz it up low key.

I can sure understand that, she's probably feeling very lonely and depressed. My mom's parent's died within 3 months of each other after some 50 years of marriage. The only time they were ever apart was when gramps was overseas for nearly 3 years during WW2.
Unfortunately it's all part of the life cycle. So enjoy what time you have on this earth and have no regrets saying "I would have liked to do that." Just do it if you're still able to. You're dead a long time and you're not coming back for a second chance.

Morning guys and Happy Hump Day.
Going to be quite mild today and the rain in the afternoon.
My sister arrives by train here today and hope to pick her up with the Cuda unless it rains.
Have a wonderful day.
Keep us posted how things are going Fred and take care of yourself.

I remember when my grandma died

One of the last things she told me was that she wanted to be with her husband...she had been a widow for over 1/4 of a century allready

Have you contacted hospice or palliative care yet?
It sounds like she is in the "quality over quantity" stage of life, and those guys were absolutely amazing with my mother in law
Haven't contacted hospace I have my oldest daughter and her to teen age girls helping me when I need it.

Morning guys. Being out in the bush for the past 4 days and no meat yet. Oh well that’s why they call it hunting, otherwise they would call it grocery store. Witnessed a pine marten take out a squirrel, wish the Dart was that fast. Froze my *** off yesterday so day off today. How about the 69 dart hood, Fred. Might jazz it up low key.
Think best to just leave it alone and do a new project. I just get bored and need to do something constructive Murray.
I'll concentrate on the double A Iv'e been wanting to attach bar stools to the sides of the flat bed and make a bar counter so people can sit and drink and eat. Call it an old fashioned tail gate party. LOL

Haven't contacted hospace I have my oldest daughter and her to teen age girls helping me when I need it.

that makes sense

i would keep it in my back pocket though

my wife has a medical back ground, and so any medical decision, big or small, she would have to make for her mom
once hospice came in, they took over that part of it, and my wife was able to approach her mom as a daughter instead of a nurse

that made the last months she had with her so much more enjoyable

now, im not trying to tell you what to do, but it seems there is a stigma attached to hospice, like people feel that by calling them in they are giving up on their loved one and that is simply not true

anyway, this is what has been my experience

that makes sense

i would keep it in my back pocket though

my wife has a medical back ground, and so any medical decision, big or small, she would have to make for her mom
once hospice came in, they took over that part of it, and my wife was able to approach her mom as a daughter instead of a nurse

that made the last months she had with her so much more enjoyable

now, im not trying to tell you what to do, but it seems there is a stigma attached to hospice, like people feel that by calling them in they are giving up on their loved one and that is simply not true

anyway, this is what has been my experience
I appreciate the feed back my friend and that makes sense.
My girl is an EMT and some of the grand kids are taking the course so that helps and only 20 miles from me.
But it won't be long I think that we'll have to put her in a wheel chair so that will be the time for the home. And one is real close to me and my kids so she will always have us there. And as you said not giving up on her just looking after her the best we can.

-
Back