Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Never tried a dehydrator on Salmon sounds like a good idea.
**** Charlie I like to drink when I cook anything. Dinner is in the oven so cheers my friend.
When I’m smoking meat it’s usually a years supply, like a hundred + lbs of sausage 40+ lbs of ham, 8 chickens so drinking is strictly forbotton can’t afford to **** that up

When I’m smoking meat it’s usually a years supply, like a hundred + lbs of sausage 40+ lbs of ham, 8 chickens so drinking is strictly forbotton can’t afford to **** that up
I can understand that I'd be even keeping my phone off and the the front door locked.

Like when I load ammunition for my hunting rifle, midnight in the shop blinds closed by my self. No interruptions, keep your mind in the game
Exactly I reload as well but been a long time.
Nights I couldn't sleep I would get up and reload and it was relaxing.

1690359139832.gif

Smoked some salmon yesterday and got distracted and turned it into a dry pile of dust. :BangHead:
Best thing that happened to it. Hate salmon but bet it drove the cats crazy lol
My previous neightbour was into body building and he would bbq fish and there was a seagull flying over going nuts. It's a wonder he didn't get attacked lol

Morning guys.
Going to be a hot one today so turn the a/c back on.
Talk about a death wish. The cops grabbed a guy riding his push bike down the 401 in Toronto. Our major highway in Ontario. 8 lanes going east and 8 going west Toronto. Things that make you go DUH!!!
Have a good one but keep cool
They were just talking about that on the radio this morning and he gets on at Kennedy Rd and goes to work so it's a daily thing. Someone should call Tim Horton's and get the police to go get him when they've finished their coffee and donuts lol

Last edited:
Best thing that happened to it. Hate salmon but bet it drove the cats crazy lol
My previous neightbour was into body building and he would bbq fish and there was a seagull flying over going nuts. It's a wonder he didn't get attacked lol
Smoking fish is a really tricky thing, still haven’t figured out which end to light. they are basically cooked from the brine before you put them in the smoker really low heat and easy on the smoke. Salmon, Suckers, goldeye, trout are all fatty fish well suited for smoking

Smoking fish is a really tricky thing, still haven’t figured out which end to light. they are basically cooked from the brine before you put them in the smoker really low heat and easy on the smoke. Salmon, Suckers, goldeye, trout are all fatty fish well suited for smoking
I'll pass but thanks

Morning gents Going in for an eye exam and new glasses today.
Might need a head exam as well. lol

Oh man it's hot today. I did go out to get groceries after lunch.
Last time I checked it was 30 with a 37 humidex (100)
Didn't stop the shoppers though
Going to be hotter tomorrow so the weather liar says.
Car show has been cancelled tonight because of the heat.
Keep cool and keep hydrated and have a great evening

Ok the guy with the Chevelle I was trying to buy to save my Laguna on the cheap finally contacted me today. I will be taking the truck and trailer to work tomorrow to pick it up. If I dont come back send help because it is east side Detroit.

Ok the guy with the Chevelle I was trying to buy to save my Laguna on the cheap finally contacted me today. I will be taking the truck and trailer to work tomorrow to pick it up. If I dont come back send help because it is east side Detroit.
Safe travels CF don't know how bad it is don't think I've been there.

If it sounds like too good a deal bring friends with backup, if you know what I mean!

My buddy ended up with 4 briskets and gave me 2 if I would smoke the other 2 for him. They came out good and now its time to smoke 1 for me. Was at Lowes where they had cherry wood on year end close out so I grabbed a bunch.

My buddy ended up with 4 briskets and gave me 2 if I would smoke the other 2 for him. They came out good and now its time to smoke 1 for me. Was at Lowes where they had cherry wood on year end close out so I grabbed a bunch.
Tried to smoke some Salmon and boy did I screw that up.

Done chicken, turkey legs, brisket and a few other odds and ends. Never tried fish altho I love smoked salmon.

-
Back