Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning guys.
We had a great weekend at our neighbour's cottage.
It's a huge lake but approx 7 miles off the main hwy. through a narrow road. The last part of the trip is on dirt road owned by the cottage association.
It was so quiet at night and black as the ace of spades.
It was too quiet to get a good sleep for me anyway.
We left our charger power cord to charge the phones up there but they'll be home today so they will being it home for us.
I'll charge the phones up and then post some pictures.
That was a long drive home last night or it seemed to be
Have a great day fellas.

Garfield Comic Strip for August 21, 2023

It’s about 65F here 1am beautiful calm no wind at all. Took the 91 year old FILfor a cruise in the Dart yesterday with a couple beers in the vents. Man the dust was flying harvesting wheat, oats, barley etc. FIL was just smiling telling me stories about harvest time, some included me helping them out. Good times, the MIL and my future wife would bring a feast for a king throw a table cloth over the hood of the old ford 1/2 ton and the crew would eat. 3 brothers running the combines sons and future in-laws driving trucks. Yup understand your smile.
The very definition of family farm.
:thumbsup:

Here's some shots of the cottage we were at this weekend on Lake Kashwacamack.
Around 50 feet deep in places
The cottage has an 80 ft deck on the front

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

Still has a shine that's great. I'm curious on why the holes in the deck lid?
Required at all races so they can look in without opening it and also have to be big enough for a fire extinguisher in case of fire. Nothing in there as we use a boat tank in the center of the rear seat area.

Required at all races so they can look in without opening it and also have to be big enough for a fire extinguisher in case of fire. Nothing in there as we use a boat tank in the center of the rear seat area.
OK I can understand that idea.

Morning fellas. Geez the days a slowly closing in I'm afraid to say.
Daytime is still great though.
We have our yearly huge car event this weekend starting Friday night.
They close off the whole downtown area and they have a live band aty the 4 corners and cars of course and vendors. It brings in a lot of people.
Then Sat and Sun there is a large car show down at the park at the lake.
Usually around 1500-1600 cars. All the profits go to a children's home here in town.
Cars come for far away to attend.
One of the door prizes is usually a crate motor and of course the 50/50 etc. Lots of vendors as well and food trucks of course.
Makes for a great weekend.
Might be a chance of a shower on Sat but Sunday looks great.
They usually have great weather and over the years have only had bad weather a few times.
I worked the 1997 show and was a blast but was beat by the end of the day.
I don't take my car down as I don't want to be there all day or weekend but I go and sit with my friend at the front gate and watch the cars come out. They light them up with their headers open and the cops just look the other way unless it's dangerous.
I was at the Monday night car show and here's a few of the cars that showed up.
The Torino was a 429 now stroked to a 466 auto. Has a nice lumpy cam in it as well

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

Photo 5.JPG

I was joking with the guy with the blue Camaro saying boy that's a nice sounding 305 you got there.. He said yeah I have work done to the heads.
I asked if was a 502 and he said it's a 509 cu in.
Sure shook the ground when he pulled in though.
Have a great day guys

ONLY a 46
Morning fellas. Geez the days a slowly closing in I'm afraid to say.
Daytime is still great though.
We have our yearly huge car event this weekend starting Friday night.
They close off the whole downtown area and they have a live band aty the 4 corners and cars of course and vendors. It brings in a lot of people.
Then Sat and Sun there is a large car show down at the park at the lake.
Usually around 1500-1600 cars. All the profits go to a children's home here in town.
Cars come for far away to attend.
One of the door prizes is usually a crate motor and of course the 50/50 etc. Lots of vendors as well and food trucks of course.
Makes for a great weekend.
Might be a chance of a shower on Sat but Sunday looks great.
They usually have great weather and over the years have only had bad weather a few times.
I worked the 1997 show and was a blast but was beat by the end of the day.
I don't take my car down as I don't want to be there all day or weekend but I go and sit with my friend at the front gate and watch the cars come out. They light them up with their headers open and the cops just look the other way unless it's dangerous.
I was at the Monday night car show and here's a few of the cars that showed up.
The Torino was a 429 now stroked to a 466 auto. Has a nice lumpy cam in it as well

View attachment 1716131481

View attachment 1716131482

View attachment 1716131483

View attachment 1716131484

View attachment 1716131485

View attachment 1716131486

View attachment 1716131487

View attachment 1716131488
ONLY a 466? BBF's can go to 514's with ease...relatively that is. Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories.

Morning guys and Happy Hump Day.
Rainy day ahead with some sun. Have to wait and see.
A couple of weeks ago I had the 300 undercoated and it's filthy right now and has undercoat on the body and the dust just collects on it so you can imagine the mess.
Friday is supposed to be nice so will get cleaned up.
Have a great fellas

We were at Costco yesterday getting gas.
A guy pulls in front of me and gets out of his truck and he has a gorgeous full size Parrot on his shoulder.
I said to him "That's something you don't see everyday" and he just smiled.
The bird was really calm sitting on his shoulder even with all the noise around him

Worked in the body shop for 2 hours today not much going on there and with inflation rising I need a part time job just to pay the bills anymore.
Looks like I might be hauling grain for one of the local farmers soon.

Well what was supposed to be a crappy day turned out nice and warm
It was cloudy and overcast at first then right after lunch the sun came out.
Took advantage of it and cut both front and back. I cut it 5 days ago and holy crap it long especially in the backyard.
Seem to be getting my energy back again and more stamina I'm pleased to say.

-
Back