Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
1697444994142.gif

Got to haul the snowblower out today and do some work on it.
Both tires have a leak at the rims so I'll have to take the tires off, clean up the rims and paint them then put the tires back on and wait LOL
Been a real good blower and works like a charm. Bought it in 2009 so it's earned it's keep. This is the first real repair I've had to do other than maintenance things of course.
Calling for some rain today and this will be the last Monday night car show.
I may go but will take the 300 with the Cuda being put away.
Like losing an old friend.
Have a great day fellas

Morning men been a while since I’ve been on here been busy this is my buddy leaned into a pile just lighting it we burned 60 piles this size yesterday. There was a crew of eight started at 0 700 and finish that 16:30

5E137937-6192-47E1-AA1D-B23DE5812C25.jpeg

Seems kind of wasteful, but there’s no market for it and this way the fuel is gone from the floor of the forest

Seems kind of wasteful, but there’s no market for it and this way the fuel is gone from the floor of the forest
Better to get rid of that fuel intentionally than having it feeding a wildfire. My first house had a wood burning fireplace in it, and around this time of year I would get a permit from the province to go and collect the deadfall from the forests around my in law's farm. Great way to get free heat and help reduce the risk of fires around their area. Usually bring about 4 or 5 pick up loads back to the farm, them cut them up and haul it home. Those were some good days.

Better to get rid of that fuel intentionally than having it feeding a wildfire. My first house had a wood burning fireplace in it, and around this time of year I would get a permit from the province to go and collect the deadfall from the forests around my in law's farm. Great way to get free heat and help reduce the risk of fires around their area. Usually bring about 4 or 5 pick up loads back to the farm, them cut them up and haul it home. Those were some good days.
Friend o' mine used to make a perty good livin' gathering up the deadfall and cutting the trees the Feds had marked for disposal in the National Forest. Haul'em down the hill, turn'em into firewood and sell it.

Morning guys.
Did some house cleaning yesterday and then after lunch I prepared the Cuda to put away
Put Sta-Bil in the tank then took it for a drive to circulate it.
Cleaned it up and put the cover on it till next Spring.
Like losing an old friend

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

Still lots of time (i hope) to work on the snowblower.
Lots of things to do before the snow flies.
We have a gazebo in the back yard. It has 5 sliding roof panels.
I slide them all back partially under the overhang then put a piece of plywood on top and strap it down.
Just to help if we get a large snowfall.
Didn't go to the last car show last night. If I did I would have taken the 300 but they had a decent turnout considering.
Have a great day

Got to haul the snowblower out today and do some work on it.
Both tires have a leak at the rims so I'll have to take the tires off, clean up the rims and paint them then put the tires back on and wait LOL
Been a real good blower and works like a charm. Bought it in 2009 so it's earned it's keep. This is the first real repair I've had to do other than maintenance things of course.
Calling for some rain today and this will be the last Monday night car show.
I may go but will take the 300 with the Cuda being put away.
Like losing an old friend.
Have a great day fellas
In my experience fooling around cleaning and painting rims on things like lawn tractors, blowers etc. is a waste of time and effort. A good wire wheel on a drill to clean up rim then check inside of tire clean it and put a tube in it. Done deal. Unless you get a puncture never leak.

Actually as most of the east coast realizes this year smoke from Canadian wildfires contribute to cooling not warming
I was referring to the long term effect of greenhouse gasses on the ozone layer. At least that's what the scientist say.

Hope everyone's day was good, been a bit busy around here but I'm still alive and happy so a good day for me. :thumbsup:

Well we have rain coming Thursday for 3 days. I just checked the one field and it is not sticking to my shoes so a sick day to try and start harvest will be in store for tomorrow.

I cant believe it is the middle of October and I'm still harvesting tomatoes and the potato foliage is green and beautiful. First year for trying musk melons and I have to say that i am pleasantly surprised by them.

Well we have rain coming Thursday for 3 days. I just checked the one field and it is not sticking to my shoes so a sick day to try and start harvest will be in store for tomorrow.
Forecast for today was 30% chance of rain. By 9:30 it was coming down heavy, cleared up around noon. I should have known it was coming, the wind was strong from the northwest this morning.
First time the clowns at enviroguess Canada have been right in a while now, at least in forecasting rain. Weekend forecast saying possible wet snow, so I put the winter tires on my Thunderbird after work. I'll put the wife's winter tires on in the next few days, then tuck the Ventura away Saturday. You never know, if they were right this time............

I cant believe it is the middle of October and I'm still harvesting tomatoes and the potato foliage is green and beautiful. First year for trying musk melons and I have to say that i am pleasantly surprised by them.
It has been a very odd year snow late into spring then drought in June the rains would not stop and like you are growing season has continued late.

It has been a very odd year snow late into spring then drought in June the rains would not stop and like you are growing season has continued late.
We were waiting for a freeze to set the sugar in the apples before harvest but the bear pressure has just been too heavy so we (my neighbors trees) felt compelled to pick them. Its a good harvest. Nice and ripe. Damned bear actually broke into another neighbors Tacoma. My convenience at repairing vehicles has proven to be a bit of a boon in my neighborhood. I'm waiting for a freeze before digging up the carrots.

Morning guys and Happy Hump Day.
Been busy the last few days putting stuff away for winter etc.
Here's a picture of our gazebo I was talking about.
My wife and I took the screens and curtains down for the winter.
It was a great day to work on it and today will be even better.
Have a great day

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

-
Back