Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Well after 7 months of asking my old lady's son to either buy my rental or get out last Monday he was removed by the court. I contacted 3 house flippers being he trashed it so bad it needs a total gut and rebuild. One looked at it last night and came through with an offer of 1/3 of resale after being fixed so we signed a contract to sell. He said we should be wrapped up in 2 to 3 weeks. I am getting almost enough to pay off the one I am living in. To say the least her son wont be on my Christmas card list.

Well after 7 months of asking my old lady's son to either buy my rental or get out last Monday he was removed by the court. I contacted 3 house flippers being he trashed it so bad it needs a total gut and rebuild. One looked at it last night and came through with an offer of 1/3 of resale after being fixed so we signed a contract to sell. He said we should be wrapped up in 2 to 3 weeks. I am getting almost enough to pay off the one I am living in. To say the least her son wont be on my Christmas card list.
Sorry to hear that CF, yep that would be the last person on my Christmas list.

The problem is I was only charging him 500 a month for 7 years and the lowest rent right now for an apartment not a house is 1200 a month.
I bet he'll learn a lesson from this. House payment would be cheaper and then he would have something.

Glad to hear you are finally getting rid of the dead weight, screw him, he had no idea how good you were to him and all he did was take advantage of you. It will only get better from here.

1723612252532.gif

Morning guys.
Another beautiful day today.
We'll be doing a major cleanup downstairs for Saturday if Fred's dance doesn't keep the rain away.
We're depending on you buddy.
Have a great day guys

Crazy that I offered it to him for 50,000 that I paid in 1992 and he said it was not worth 20,000 but the flipper gave me 63,000
50k for a house?...you couldnt even get a cardboard box for that price here in Ont. we get hosed soooooooo bad in this country

50k for a house?...you couldnt even get a cardboard box for that price here in Ont. we get hosed soooooooo bad in this country
There's a house across the street from me that's for sale. Needs to be remolded but appears to be structurally strong. with an attached 2 car garage on a large lot that I bet the guy would take 20 grand for it.
But small town in the middle of farmland in North Dakota so not real desirable.

There's a house across the street from me that's for sale. Needs to be remolded but appears to be structurally strong. with an attached 2 car garage on a large lot that I bet the guy would take 20 grand for it.
But small town in the middle of farmland in North Dakota so not real desirable.
Across the street from Fred makes it desirable. :welcome:

Been gorgeous today with a slight breeze.
I was actually able to help clean the house. Been a while but this new med I'm on seems to really help.
See how I feel tomorrow haha
Have a great evening

Morning guys.
Had a great time at the car show last night and the weather was perfect.
Fairly good turn out.
Going to one this morning. The guy has it once a year and never been before.
There was this AC Cobra there last night and basically the real deal.
Made in South Africa and if I heard the guy right has an aluminum 427 5 speed.
I think the CSX designates that it's an aluminum engine but not sure.

View attachment 1716287403

View attachment 1716287404

View attachment 1716287405

View attachment 1716287406
The CSX designation means it's part of the "continuation" of the original serial numbers. I don't recall the year, and I've forgotten most of the details (so feel free to call me out on something I've gotten wrong here), but apparently Carroll Shelby "found" (yeah, right!) a bunch of "original" frames that were numbered, and then forgotten about in storage somewhere. (How the hell does this happen?) So, despite them being assembled in the 90's (?) or so, Shelby got approval to "continue" the production of them, but built to buyer's Spec (modern drivertrains, anyone?), and they were even able to sell and Title them as '66's (or so).

I grew-up with Fords, and have a ton of respect for Carroll Shelby and what he accomplished Back in The Day, but this "continuation Cobra series" thing is pure B.S., as far as I'm concerned.

Just my opinion, of course.

The CSX designation means it's part of the "continuation" of the original serial numbers. I don't recall the year, and I've forgotten most of the details (so feel free to call me out on something I've gotten wrong here), but apparently Carroll Shelby "found" (yeah, right!) a bunch of "original" frames that were numbered, and then forgotten about in storage somewhere. (How the hell does this happen?) So, despite them being assembled in the 90's (?) or so, Shelby got approval to "continue" the production of them, but built to buyer's Spec (modern drivertrains, anyone?), and they were even able to sell and Title them as '66's (or so).

I grew-up with Fords, and have a ton of respect for Carroll Shelby and what he accomplished Back in The Day, but this "continuation Cobra series" thing is pure B.S., as far as I'm concerned.

In my book opinions are always welcome. I listen think about it and decide, I might not agree with it but parts of it might make me rethink my opinions. It’s what make conversation, so let R rip.

Looks like factory 5 to me. Coach built cars can have whatever VIN you want. At least here in the USA.

Here's one I did the body work and paint on. All hand built out of aluminum.
Shelby had to cut the AC cars in half and slide them back together over his frame.
This one has an independent rear out of a Super coupe Thundrbird 8.8

20160917_191602.jpg

20170619_120328.jpg

20170619_120701.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back