Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
20181115_093928.jpg
If that filler is to hard on your back to sand Jeff this is what I use. So far as I know is some of the easiest to sand.

I herd that summer gas is different than winter gas around here not sure what they do to it.
If you leave your car out side in cold weather you have to plug the block heater in and some times I for get. lol
Different Gas? Might have something to do with your diet.

The filler will work because I already own it! I do have a straightline body file and a DA so pneumatics are my friend!

The filler will work because I already own it! I do have a straightline body file and a DA so pneumatics are my friend!
Threw my straight line sander away years ago. I disliike those clogging groove sanding SOBs. If I cant hit it with my 8" DA, I do it by hand.

Threw my straight line sander away years ago. I disliike those clogging groove sanding SOBs. If I cant hit it with my 8" DA, I do it by hand.

To be honest BP, I don't think I'll use it much. The car is pretty straight! I have some rust areas at the bottom of the rear window on both sides that will get new metal welded in and the lower front of the R quarters. Nothing real big, just shitty locations. I think I will not need more than 2 or 3 days for those spots once I get through welding. The tubs are 75% welded in, the frame connectors need finished and all the trim holes need filled.

Oh well, it'll keep me out of the bars for sure!

Fred, how's your vinyl roof trim? I won't be using mine. Oops, wrong body style!

Question, I have a cheap (Lowes) DA - is it worth buying a better one?

To be honest BP, I don't think I'll use it much. The car is pretty straight! I have some rust areas at the bottom of the rear window on both sides that will get new metal welded in and the lower front of the R quarters. Nothing real big, just shitty locations. I think I will not need more than 2 or 3 days for those spots once I get through welding. The tubs are 75% welded in, the frame connectors need finished and all the trim holes need filled.

Fred, how's your vinyl roof trim? I won't be using mine. Oops, wrong body style!
All my trim is real nice but not going with a vinyl top I think.

Glad to here shes in good shape Jeff. sounds like you got most of the hard work done on the under side.

Not sure what it is JEFF. but a shitty one is hard yo control I think. What do you think BP.
Their are definitely different grades of DAs. Cheap or not. I counted 7 different ones that I have and I use them all. The first car I painted I had zero DAs. Sooo there is that.

I know prep is everything so if I need a better one I will not argue!

Who makes a reasonable one? Is $100.00 too cheap?
Pawn shops have to be full of DAs. Make sure it has a 6" pad. I like the 3" too. My go to is a Mac DA. super light and not too choppy. Some are like chain saws and some are fine as frogs hair. I have an IR that has a locking feature that turns it into a grinder. Kind of handy.

I know prep is everything so if I need a better one I will not argue!

Who makes a reasonable one? Is $100.00 too cheap?
Hutchenson if I spelled that right is great. ingersol also. not sure on the price but around $300 or more. All my tools are old haven't bought any in a long time.

-
Back