Lock picking

-
The keys I have are steel and if you believe that if I follow your instructions that I will be able to open the lock then yes send it back. Otherwise I can send you my blanks. They don't cost much so I can get more. It won't cost much to send my blanks to you, one envelope.

I would like to try my hand with your blanks.

I searched E bay but i can not find blanks in the size for your big lock.
In fact the one seller who had blanks in your size had a false picture up beacuse the key blank in the picture was scaled on a ruler. The ones i got are not that size.

They measure at 1 1/4 x 3/8.

Good news is i have a few locks that will take that blank so it was no loss.

The blank for your lock should be 1 5/8 x 1/2

I would like to try my hand with your blanks.

I searched E bay but i can not find blanks in the size for your big lock.
In fact the one seller who had blanks in your size had a false picture up beacuse the key blank in the picture was scaled on a ruler. The ones i got are not that size.

They measure at 1 1/4 x 3/8.

Good news is i have a few locks that will take that blank so it was no loss.

The blank for your lock should be 1 5/8 x 1/2
Well...the ones I have aren't quite that big. I got the dimensions off of that one pic with the lock like mine. But I can easily make some any size (dimensions) you need, here are some pics:

DSC08254.JPG
DSC08255.JPG

That is the correct blank.
I had no idea you were a lock collector. That is cool. I thought you just had this one random awsome lock.

I got something for ya.

:)

In post #91 you show a collection of old locks.

I think that is cool. I have a bunch of old locks.

Im a "Fabricator".... i can make most stuff. I worked as a machinist for a while as a kid.

Im more a fan of big hammers and fire but i do envy the guy who can work the Bridgeport.

Im a "Fabricator".... i can make most stuff. I worked as a machinist for a while as a kid.

Im more a fan of big hammers and fire but i do envy the guy who can work the Bridgeport.
I also like big hammers and fire. I used to make lots of stuff with my oxyacetaline, a hammer and metal. But my carple tunnel and tennis elbow limits my abilities. But I still do plenty of stuff. I was also a machine programmer for many
years.

Well.....it's been close to a month now. Guess it ain't gonna happen? You can send my lock back as soon as you get a chance. Let me know of any expenses so I can send you some money and thank you for taking the time to get my lock open/picked.

-
Back