Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First off let me show everyone what I got my hands on :-D

Know I will start posting all the Monster MoPar Weekend pictures
I took for for all the folks here.

Picture 141.jpg

Picture 142.jpg

Ray and Sandy, the family that had Victoria "my 66 valiant" before me, walk around and luck hit us well :cheers: The man that shows this Chrysler Turbine car
just happened to be there and opened the ropes around it so I could get some pictures And he said he was going to start it up in a few minutes so we hung around and watched him fire it up

It sounded like turning on a giant vacuum cleaner

My first time experience to see one And hear one fired up :tongue9:

Look at the grass in the front shot and you can see the air standing it up.

Picture 066.jpg

Picture 062.jpg

Picture 063.jpg

Picture 068.jpg

Picture 069.jpg

Nice pics mike first time i have seen one of those, must be extremely rare! Still undecided if the first two pics had the best curves though

Thats awsome Mike thanks for sharing.

As some one who works on turbines for a living I kinda want to get my hands on one of these cars. Though with the cost at about the same as the helicopters I work on I don't think that is going to happen.

I spent allot of time around the grill and enjoying all the folks at Small blocks booth There was soooooo many members stop buy and enjoyed some GREAT
Dear burgers,Brots,Hot wing, sausage and drinks.
It was such a outstanding and biggest MoPar meet I have ever been too.
I spent some money, But we will show that to yea later. :-D
It seems I heard the words " good to put a face to a name"
Adam you sure would have been proud to see so many of your members
That was there and people saying "I know yea from For A Bodies Only".
I will never miss a M.M.W again and Hoping on entering the slant 6 class
they run there.

Ok more pictures.:cheers:

Picture 081.jpg

Picture 083.jpg

Picture 050.jpg

Picture 051.jpg

It was awesome, I have a ton of pics I will post on here later tomorrow. Hey, how much did ya have to pay the girls??????

It was awesome, I have a ton of pics I will post on here later tomorrow. Hey, how much did ya have to pay the girls??????

Lets just say I gave them a tip on life :toothy10:

Nice pics mike first time i have seen one of those, must be extremely rare! Still undecided if the first two pics had the best curves though

Glad to have a choice now and then ain't it brother :-D

yea, I guess they were ok, if you into that sorta thing. Just kidding, I'm just jealous I didn't get a pic of me with them.

You go Mike! Look's like they was wanting to take you home with them .... or have I got that backwards.

Thanks for the pictures especially the turbine car. Wow!

This is Small Block and his Brother leading the way to the hotel.

of course Treva is driving for me.:drinkers:

Picture 160.jpg

Picture 163.jpg

Picture 168.jpg

Thanks Mike! Those photos of the Chrysler Turbine Car brought back memories. I saw one parked along the road years ago in our local SoCal mountains. I was just a kid and wanted to see it up close but couldn't get my folks to stop the car and let me look.
Thanks again!

Great shots Mike! That turbine car is awsome. I saw a pic awhile back of dozens of them lined up back in the day. Chrysler was chopping them up with cutting torches!! What a shame!!!

What a great day of dealing for parts
Small Block fun area was so cool and to be at and have fun and learn more about enjoying a swap meet area.
He had the biggest and best grill going and a vender guy came by seeing so many people eating they was checking to see that he was not selling.
He feed allot of folks and I remember hearing him say "If you like mopar you will like what he and Ray had there for them to help there self too.

Thanks for a great day Small Block :-D

Picture 159.jpg

Picture 090.jpg

Picture 092.jpg

Great shots Mike! That turbine car is awsome. I saw a pic awhile back of dozens of them lined up back in the day. Chrysler was chopping them up with cutting torches!! What a shame!!!

Why was they doing that?

I read a long article about them one time but it has been many years ago and couldn't remember what the problem was about them or something like that.

Why was they doing that?

I read a long article about them one time but it has been many years ago and couldn't remember what the problem was about them or something like that.

From what I gather, which could be completely wrong, they only made 200 of them to start with. They gave them out to families to "test" & such. When Chrysler realized that it wasnt cost effictive to mass produce them, they grabbed them all back & cut them up. I think only 3 survive today.

memike, I am posting a vid to the same turbine car that has sound of it running. Hope you dont mind.For anyone that has never had the honor of listining to one of these cars run, its basically a helicopter turbine shoehorned into a car. I would have loved to see it in person!!! They would run on anything! Cooking oil, gas, diesel, avation fuel, kerosene, alcohol, nitro, you name it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKja2RClws&feature=related

Maybe something to do
with 3.300lb of pressure under the hood :tongue9:and only 190 hp.
That is just what I learned talking to the man there, We never talked about that Chrysler was chopping them up with cutting torches:dontknow:

Good gosh it does sound like a giant vacuum! I bet that would scare every dog in the neighborhood. You know how they hate vacuums anyway.

I wonder if that would be the answer to the gas crisis if it would run on cooking oil.

GREAT Pic's Mike "you dog you" ("me" want some of that stuff):toothy10:
Glad your summer's been good to ya as well! :cheers:

I seen me in there too...LOL.Had a great time hangin out with everybody!!

Bigmacdak thanks for posting the turbine car video. Really cool. I have only heard about it. Looks like something only 'Barris" could come up with. Really wild.

Good gosh it does sound like a giant vacuum! I bet that would scare every dog in the neighborhood. You know how they hate vacuums anyway.

I wonder if that would be the answer to the gas crisis if it would run on cooking oil.

He was running the one at M.M.W. on kerosene.

From what I gather, which could be completely wrong, they only made 200 of them to start with. They gave them out to families to "test" & such. When Chrysler realized that it wasnt cost effictive to mass produce them, they grabbed them all back & cut them up. I think only 3 survive today.

memike, I am posting a vid to the same turbine car that has sound of it running. Hope you dont mind.For anyone that has never had the honor of listining to one of these cars run, its basically a helicopter turbine shoehorned into a car. I would have loved to see it in person!!! They would run on anything! Cooking oil, gas, diesel, avation fuel, kerosene, alcohol, nitro, you name it!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnKja2RClws&feature=related

Glad to have you post on any of my threads.:cheers:

More of the great weekend !! It was very hard to get my camera to get some good shots as they took off, There was some nice 9's ran yesterday.

but I am still saving the best for last.:cheers:

Picture 047.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 125.jpg

Picture 126.jpg

Picture 131.jpg

Picture 117.jpg

Picture 135.jpg

-
Back