Man eats girlfriend's brain and heart.....

-
sorry i dont believe / buy into Atheism (i used to be one until i was 27) there is an interesting paradox in Atheism see most of them adhere wholeheartedly to the promise of science science will solve all of humanity's problems someday. noone will get sick or die... immortality (like god) we will know everything (omniscience) we will be able to travel anywhere in the universe, maybe at the speed of light or who knows even faster (omnipresence) we will have complete dominance and control of nature (omnipotence) ... do you see a trend there? lol the end goal of science (atheism) will be that we will become gods

I'll say one more thing about it and leave it at that.
Either all of creation was wished into existance in 6 days, and is only about 6,000 years old or it isn't.

It cannot be had both ways.

I am proud to be an Athiest, a person that thinks for myself, reasons and doesn't ignore proven scientific fact and I also don't accept what other humans tell me to do because someone told them and they swore it was fact. (for example, remember the flat world wasn't that long ago) I have never killed anyone, and try to "do unto others" but I, and only I judge me for the things I am not proud of, and don't try to blame good or bad things on someone or something else. God is a concept of a peacful and forgiving nature and comes from the human heart, not from outer space or whatever.

I'll bite.

I believe in god. I also do not ignore proven science. What I choose to disbelieve is non proven science, such as sciences THEORIES for the creation of earth and the universe. Science can't prove the Big Bang theory or evolution. In order for someone to believe so strongly in that then they have great FAITH in those theories. If you ask me then science is a religion. I also put my faith into something that has not been proven.

If we did not believe in things that "did not exist" then there'd be no reason to get up tomorrow morning.

I'll say one more thing about it and leave it at that.
Either all of creation was wished into existance in 6 days, and is only about 6,000 years old or it isn't.

It cannot be had both ways.

What's your stance on intelligent design?

If we did not believe in things that "did not exist" then there'd be no reason to get up tomorrow morning.

Now if more people put it that way than trying to use the fear of God as a motivator. :D
I understand the comment, but I am not one of those kind of people.

What's your stance on intelligent design?

I think it is pretty arrogant and ego self serving to think ANYTHING was designed for us specifically as living beings.
I believe we exist through chemical and evolutionary accident, and when we die we are gone. (no afterlife, no "all your loved ones will be there waiting for you" and I believe all that is simply a security blanket)
I also believe there could have been other random biological "accidents" at other places in the multiverse. (Aliens if you will)
I think telling our kids there is some evil that will torture them throughout eternity if they don't do what other people say God says he wants them to do is about as evil as it gets.
Like some of the evil fairytales we tell really young kids.

Humpty Dumpty
When the bow breaks
The three little pigs
On and on, and not only evil but violent to boot.
Death and destruction for the 2 year old??? Oh boy.

Intelligent design?
Everything in existance was made just for us?
I don't believe that for a minute.
We just aren't as important as we would like to believe we are.

How about we weigh how many lives have been taken over religious differences and compare it with humans being whacked out crazy and killing someone? (or add all the other un natural causes of death rolled in there too.)
Religion IS and has been the number one cause of death on this planet from day one (whatever caused day one):D

I'll bite. I believe in god. I also do not ignore proven science...

sounds like the beginnings of Calvin:

Nearly all the wisdom we possess, that is to say, true and sound wisdom, consists of two parts: the knowledge of God and of ourselves.

science is nothing more then men trying to display the patterns of God

The atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman.
I don’t believe the universe just happened anymore than my car just happened.
I also don’t think that mentally ill people need to focus on things that can’t be seen and have religious excitement.
They have enough trouble determining what is real and what is not.
But they need faith and therefore hope.
Not a blind faith, but a faith based on evidence.

Something about the people in the lower part of Indiana near the Kentucky makes them do crazy stuff.

Best wishes for both of their families

all bullshit aside ! leave god out of this. if this guy ain't on the side of the devil, I don't know who is. twisted sicko. is he dead yet? what are they wait'n for.

Now if more people put it that way than trying to use the fear of God as a motivator. :D
I understand the comment, but I am not one of those kind of people.

I think it is pretty arrogant and ego self serving to think ANYTHING was designed for us specifically as living beings.
I believe we exist through chemical and evolutionary accident, and when we die we are gone. (no afterlife, no "all your loved ones will be there waiting for you" and I believe all that is simply a security blanket)
I also believe there could have been other random biological "accidents" at other places in the multiverse. (Aliens if you will)
I think telling our kids there is some evil that will torture them throughout eternity if they don't do what other people say God says he wants them to do is about as evil as it gets.
Like some of the evil fairytales we tell really young kids.

Humpty Dumpty
When the bow breaks
The three little pigs
On and on, and not only evil but violent to boot.
Death and destruction for the 2 year old??? Oh boy.

Intelligent design?
Everything in existance was made just for us?
I don't believe that for a minute.
We just aren't as important as we would like to believe we are.

How about we weigh how many lives have been taken over religious differences and compare it with humans being whacked out crazy and killing someone? (or add all the other un natural causes of death rolled in there too.)
Religion IS and has been the number one cause of death on this planet from day one (whatever caused day one):D

Call me arrogant if you want. I once had a chemistry professor that hated religion more then anyone I ever meet. This man knows more about what it would take to create life then myself and more then likely everyone on this forum. His comparison for an accidental universe was a tornado going through a junkyard full of chevies and putting all the parts together to make a Ferrari.

Good luck in trying to understand things my friend. This is where my train stops.

Call me arrogant if you want. I once had a chemistry professor that hated religion more then anyone I ever meet. This man knows more about what it would take to create life then myself and more then likely everyone on this forum. His comparison for an accidental universe was a tornado going through a junkyard full of chevies and putting all the parts together to make a Ferrari.

Good luck in trying to understand things my friend. This is where my train stops.

And that last example is the most brilliant fallacy ever stated. It just shows the limit of human understanding. The human mind cannot understand the meaning of infinity. Run that tornado through the yard an infinite amount of times and any outcome will happen. I'm agnostic, and that is where I believe the true meaning of life and god come from, infinity, something the human mind will never be able to conquer.

Religious beliefs aside, just TRY to imagine how horrible you would feel if this woman was your sister, daughter, mother or friend... That is some messed-up **** to have to deal with that would be very tough to ever get past the part of wondering how it all went down and what she was or wasn't aware of at the time it happened.

It makes it easier for a guy like me to not be so concerned about some of the bad things that have happened to me along my journey here on Earth. It has still been a pretty cool ride, all-in-all and I have no intentions of folding up shop before I just can't physically move no more. I will find out what's on the other side, if anything, when the time comes, knowing that I tried to be decent person while I was here. Hopefully, if there is someone there to judge me, I will get an air conditioner in my room rather than a flaming lava pit. Organized religion scares me, always has. Most people's beliefs are based on where they happened to be dropped out of the womb on this planet and who/what they were surrounded by as they grew up.
Think about it.

:wack:

I don't know man. Just last week, there was a guy that fed his ex girlfriend's dog to her after he cooked it.

I tell you what I think, and this is just my opinion, not meant to stir religious debate. But it's my opinion that God is being left behind more and more.

I totally Agree with you there Rusty..... It's such a shame the direction society is going.

The junkyard analogy is interesting.
It also does not answer the question of where the parts cars came from in the first place.
One cannot make time the hero.
Given an infinite amount of time some things will never happen my accident.
Because beneficial changes will not be saved.
It has to happen right the first time or the organism (car) is doomed and the whole process has to be repeated.
That begs the question of why relative to the OP.
We don't know. It's easy to dismiss it as mental illness which it very well may be.
Like it or not, cannibalism has been traditionally practiced worldwide for "religious" reasons.
Metaphysical reasons anyway.
We can leave God out of it, but remember children, nature abhors a vacuum.

-
Back