Maybe an other head producer in the game.

-
I like my ancient W2 heads with old ductile iron rockers , my current 410 ci. with a 585/ 595 lift cam combo made 545 hp and 520 tq at 9.6 to 1 compression on pump gas with a 360 Magnum block. I had a 360-1 /R3 block 408 but the crank cracked and I sold it I had a problem with breaking the Indy rockers ( they no longer make or sell them ) so if going that route you have go to a T&D, Harland Sharp etc. rocker setup . I don't worry much about head porting and making big power for the class I run but there sure are some impressive small blocks out there !!!

1CEABBBB-0533-4AB2-B29B-6F94F7B1B4DE.jpeg

74958D24-BC57-498E-B185-92D845345132.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think Engine Pro manufacturers their own parts. I thought I understood they license or wholesale other manufacturers under their name. They do offer tons of good stuff, so their name does not worry me at all.
Here is a link to the Expo where they discussed the Chevy version Mayhem heads. Makes me wonder if the Mopar versions will be just as good. Hope so.
VEPR Small Block Package “Mayhem” | Engine Performance Expo

If they can release a 380 cfm 18 degree small block mopar head without exotic parts at a decent price like they claim they are doing for chevies in the video that would be great. If you havent watched the video the goal is a 700 hp pump gas 430ci small block chevy.

If they can release a 380 cfm 18 degree small block mopar head without exotic parts at a decent price like they claim they are doing for chevies in the video that would be great. If you havent watched the video the goal is a 700 hp pump gas 430ci small block chevy.
That kind of flow on a small block Mopar platform will require offset rocker arms, just like it does on a small block Chevy. Guys just need to accept that and start making power.

I would like to see where this goes, what they end up with for Mopars. Nothing wrong with more options for us.

Since there are already numerous choice in both SBM & BBM cylinder heads there is no point in remaking what's already available. With readily available large displacement stroker kits available for both engines anyone that plans to manufacture new cylinder heads needs to step up the game. Unless they plan to offer new Mopar heads that are designed using offset rockers they won't be creating anything new other than a new brand name.

Tom

Since there are already numerous choice in both SBM & BBM cylinder heads there is no point in remaking what's already available. With readily available large displacement stroker kits available for both engines anyone that plans to manufacture new cylinder heads needs to step up the game. Unless they plan to offer new Mopar heads that are designed using offset rockers they won't be creating anything new other than a new brand name.

Tom

Exactly

Tom

Yet, it won’t sell because it’s too much hassle to make power like that.

Put a hair dryer (or two) on it and send it. You can easily do 1500 hp like that and not use an offset rocker.

When it comes down to it, I dont think too many guys are interested in turbos. Most builds are still small or big block strokers. A head designed around a b/rb rocker would give more and cheaper rocker options, and still keep the pushrod out of the port.

Yet, it won’t sell because it’s too much hassle to make power like that.

Put a hair dryer (or two) on it and send it. You can easily do 1500 hp like that and not use an offset rocker.

Many guys like myself dislike power adder engines. End of that story. I see more test n tuners playing with them than I do weekend racers.

Very prominent guys in the Mopar racing community have mentioned time and again issues with Ritter blocks. Guys you probably know.
No, I am not a machinist, and could care less about Chevy issues or non issues. In fact guys on this very forum who are probably reading this

Many guys like myself dislike power adder engines. End of that story. I see more test n tuners playing with them than I do weekend racers.
You’ll see more power adders in the no prep or heads up classes than in the bracket classes. It tends to add even more complication to the whole battle for consistency.

You’ll see more power adders in the no prep or heads up classes than in the bracket classes. It tends to add even more complication to the whole battle for consistency.

In many of those classes you have to run 5.0 and quicker so yes power adders are needed. I even spent thousands on a nitrous kit in preparation to run that class. With the small tire limitations you need the power adder to make up for pulling power off the line. My dislike for power adders is probably a big reason I never ran the class.

Last edited:
Many companies do that. ProMax, Dr J, BPH, and about 8 more companies. They buy a Chinese cast product and do their thing.
You port a lot of heads. Some of the castings from China are better than others and can be more extensively modified to make more power. The Bloomer heads on my engine make an honest 680hp. But according to Rod my heads only flow about 296 cfm on the intake. Hopefully the Engine pro heads are castings that cnc programs like Rods and others can be used on them. BTW I've heard that a couple of companies are thinking about casting SBM engine blocks. My fingers are crossed.

You port a lot of heads. Some of the castings from China are better than others and can be more extensively modified to make more power. The Bloomer heads on my engine make an honest 680hp. But according to Rod my heads only flow about 296 cfm on the intake. Hopefully the Engine pro heads are castings that cnc programs like Rods and others can be used on them. BTW I've heard that a couple of companies are thinking about casting SBM engine blocks. My fingers are crossed.

Way back when Vic Bloomer had a set of W5 heads on his bench pretty much identical to the ones that were on my motor.
They went right at 299.
So these heads going 296 is impressive, they make very similar power when compared to the same bench.
Obviously, numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

Way back when Vic Bloomer had a set of W5 heads on his bench pretty much identical to the ones that were on my motor.
They went right at 299.
So these heads going 296 is impressive, they make very similar power when compared to the same bench.
Obviously, numbers should be taken with a grain of salt.

A set of checking plates were 100.00 when I bought mine. Probably not much higher from Bruce right now. A fixed orfice tells the story. Much like before and after flow numbers. Although many of us have stepped up in the size of cams we run we still aren’t using the flow that is available on many of these ported heads. A .650 lift cam minus deflection and valve lash is child’s play. My cam isn’t even a billet roller cam. It’s a cast steel cam made for a street car that I got for to good of a price to pass up.

A set of checking plates were 100.00 when I bought mine. Probably not much higher from Bruce right now. A fixed orfice tells the story. Much like before and after flow numbers. Although many of us have stepped up in the size of cams we run we still aren’t using the flow that is available on many of these ported heads. A .650 lift cam minus deflection and valve lash is child’s play. My cam isn’t even a billet roller cam. It’s a cast steel cam made for a street car that I got for to good of a price to pass up.

I would love to try a 660 ish lift roller cam in my car, about 270/274@50 and see if that alone would get it in the 9’s..but it isn’t in the cards, my racing days are numbered, and at this point, I don’t want to drive over anything.
Just today I had my hair cut by my daughter in her salon, she told me my eyebrows look like a mad scientist..lol..she trimmed them up.
A sure sign of getting long in the tooth, as she pointed out :BangHead:

I would love to try a 660 ish lift roller cam in my car, about 270/274@50 and see if that alone would get it in the 9’s..but it isn’t in the cards, my racing days are numbered, and at this point, I don’t want to drive over anything.
Just today I had my hair cut by my daughter in her salon, she told me my eyebrows look like a mad scientist..lol..she trimmed them up.

What long eyebrows are a sign of getting old. I’ve been cutting mine for 30 years. Lol

My W2’s flow 286 cfm on RAMM’s bench. Not a high # according to some experts but it run pretty good.
I would love to put a roller and T&D rockers in my 355” around 650 lift, that would wake my car up nicely.

My W2’s flow 286 cfm on RAMM’s bench. Not a high # according to some experts but it run pretty good.

I would love to put a roller and T&D rockers in my 355” around 650 lift, that would wake my car up nicely.

Maybe not if your heads only flow 286.

I’m personally wanting to see someone develop a “tunnel port” small block head and intake, where the opposite side of the the pushrod pinch is another port feeding to a common valve bowl with the pushrod tube configured as a wing with the leading edge facing the manifold flange, and the outside walls of the ports tapering directly to the valve bowls. Instead of having to move the pushrod, just design a port around the $&%! thing. There’s of room to do it in the available space with a new casting.
OR make one like the LS head, port is very tall and narrow, seems to work ok on that engine.

I hate when I hear that word. Why can’t we just say it’s “properly calibrated”.
I was a bit upset with the 286 cfm in the beginning since I told him I needed the “magical 300 cfm” and he chuckled at me. I’m more then pleased with the 286 cfm.

-
Back