Mild 383 build

-
Then suggest a head. Let's see what happens.
I'd go with the 440 Source Stealth and have them ported the SNOT out of. They're a good combination of budget and quality. Regardless, make SURE you get whatever head you use checked out. Jim Laroy has made BIG power with them in the past.

Right now, the 84cc RPM are on sale for $1675/pr.

The default entry level head is the Stealth for $1400.

Either will need specific head bolts.

“If it were me”, at under $300 price difference, I’d get the Ede’s while they’re on sale.

x2 on the stealth heads.

eddies are a solid choice as well.

i'd bet you could scoop some used eddies that somebody is unloading because they've upgraded to trick flow

Lemme take a look, Okay! Back! Nice looking heads , that's not a bad price either. Does the factory rockers & shafts bolt on, or does anyone know?
Quit pulling our chain, you said right here you checked out the Stealth's.

Alright then fisherman67. Who does the bowl blending?
If you get the stealth, I'm sure Brandon can fix you up, he's a good guy.
I think for the price I'd go with the E-street 75.cc chamber, boost compression and capable of good quench with a flat top close to the deck.
They all flow about the same with the exception being the Trick Flo.

I think I'd go with the E Streets too. I thought their chambers were the same as the Stealth, but they are a little better, I believe.

“If it were me”, at under $300 price difference, I’d get the Ede’s while they’re on sale.

The Edelbrock E-series 75cc are $1400 a pair right now

The ones I just looked at are over $1500. and I'm assuming that's for a set. I'll be checking Monday.

I'm sure someone has a discount code for Summit. 10% off 1400 would be a good deal.
^^^^^^^
Right here!

I bet GTX John has a 10% off coupon left.

RRR,
Post #113, you disappoint me; I thought you were smarter than that. Look at the formula in post #112: Pressure= force divided by area. The force is the force of the expanding gas. The area is the piston area. If the area gets bigger [ a bigger diameter piston ], then the pressure gets less. [ the pressure being pounds per sq inch or whatever medium you are using for measurement.
I will be giving yet another example later using real numbers after I pick up my grandson.

RRR,
Post #113, you disappoint me; I thought you were smarter than that. Look at the formula in post #112: Pressure= force divided by area. The force is the force of the expanding gas. The area is the piston area. If the area gets bigger [ a bigger diameter piston ], then the pressure gets less. [ the pressure being pounds per sq inch or whatever medium you are using for measurement.
I will be giving yet another example later using real numbers after I pick up my grandson.
It's ok. I live to disappoint.

This is for you. I know from your posts that you are quite knowledgeable. Not wasting time with Turk, he doesn't know how an air bleed works.

You are confusing force with pressure [ loading ]. Look at the formula in post #112. Pressure= force divided by area [ not multiplied ].
In post #91, you said energy can neither be created or destroyed. 100% correct
In post #114, you used an example of 1000 lbs of force in the com chamber. Let's work with that.
Two engines both 400 cu in, one has a 4" piston, other has 5"piston; both have 10:1 CR, so same chamber volume, both produce 1000 lb of force.
4" piston has an area of 12.6 cu in, so pressure is 80 lb/per sq in in all directions including piston crown. The 5" piston has an area of 19.6 sq in. According to your theory [ wrong ], the same 80 lb per sq in is exerted on the larger piston......which means the original force would need to be....1570 lbs of force.....not 1000.
So an extra 570 lbs of force has come...from nowhere?
The correct answer as I have said all along is that the pressure loading on the 5" piston is lower....& then all the laws of high school physics are obeyed.

-
Back