Missed on this combo?

-
Dyno Monday. All ready to go. Had to re-port the intake a bit, which was no surprise. Surprise was had to mill it a bit to fit the heads.

Wasn't sure about my B3 geometry set up either. Called Mike there with all the numbers and luckily, I should be good. If you have the chance, give that man your business. His correction kit is amazing and he is one helluva of a guy. Actually CARES about his product and customers. Rare these days.

So she's all buttoned up, just a few little things to do tomorrow. I will surely post results, good or bad, so we all know how these heads work out.

Say a little prayer for me:drama:
20170428_215044.jpg
20170428_215023.jpg
20170428_215106.jpg
wanted to add that I'd NEVER pick my motor up with that carb plate. Just there to keep crap out.

Looks good hope all goes well and it hits the numbers you are looking for. I hope it surprises you.

Very curious too see what the little mill makes! Thanks for all your hard work and sharing along the way Mike!!

Man Ironmike, you really do deserve some good results from all the effort you have put in!

I think there's a few people on FABO biting their fingernails/ holding their breath/ hitting the F5 key on the keyboard to see how this build will turn out.

Is it just me or do those rocker shaft/rockers look like they are wayyyy up there? Like some extra deep valve covers are needed?

There is a shim under the shaft to correct geometry

I think the factory pedestal location is to low for most anything except stock. But then again, I never checked stock.

I think I was more referring to the risers that actually hold the rocker arms. It might be because Ive never seen the setup from the front like that (pic 2), only from the top (pic 3).

The billet hold downs are super huge and beefy compared to the stamped metal stock ones. The roller rockers themselves are also huge by compare. There bodies are beefy as well.

I said a prayer. now I'd like to see the results. lol

I think the factory pedestal location is to low for most anything except stock. But then again, I never checked stock.
Actually, the factory pedestals are too low for stock valve gear if You want it to rev, I shimmed the crap out of My 383 to get the lifter preload right & it worked good all 'round.
Revved like crazy & zero scuffing issues w/the stamped stockers, but that cam wasn't over .500"................

Waiting for the results..... more power, less, the same... broken Dyno.... broken owner....aaaaaaahhhhhh what's the outcome!

Eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

"Ironmike was last seen:
Friday at 11:35 PM"

He could have fallen in the toilet bowl!!!

Well, after talking to my buddy Mike at B3,(mental support), AND Rod Bloomer......I decided it was time to get back on here and update. Believe me it was killing me......not on the forum for DAYS.....

I'm not even going to post a dyno sheet because it's THAT bad. Something seriously went bad with port design or the actual porting.......

Way lower numbers than the Hughes Eddy's. Did I say way lower?....

Rod has stopped the whole head program. He SEEMS as upset as me and has given me his word he will make this right. I have not demanded my money back.....yet. I told him first and foremost I would like a pair of heads that do what he advertised. Him and Bret Miller have been discussing the issue and as of an hour ago, he told me Miller wants to talk to me. I should mention the Rod has called twice in the last few days to tell me how bad he feels....

I got another call from a guy who found me by calling the dyno place! Do you believe it? Some big Moparts guy .

So. Right now Bloomer has expressed a desire to make it right AND fix the situation so there really are good heads available. I think I believe him.

I hope he figures something out because it seems there are waaaay more people interested in this than I thought. According to the Moparts guy.

I honestly believe how this all turns out will have a really good impact on Bloomer Performance, or a really bad one.

A little time will tell, I guess.

Gotta remember, I WAS the guinea pig. But it shouldn't cost me.

-
Back