My build.....AR build anyways.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I know there are a few other gun lovers on this forum so I decided I'll make a thread about my new AR build. It's my first full build and I have decided to make it a carbine. Today after work I went out and got the lower and a lower parts kit. The lower is just a smith and Wesson m&p and the parts kit includes a single stage trigger.

Please do not turn this into a gun control argument. I'll be happy to debate that in the news and politics forum but it has no place in the general discussion section.

View attachment image.jpg

I'm happy to turn this into an argument!!! I LIKE guns!!! LOL. I don't know much about putting together these DIY deals, so photos and details......we'z 'zuz a waitin' !!!

What do you really want to know about AR lowers?
If your questioning how to build them, look on GOOGLE, as there are excellent videos on how to build them.
All my AR's i built myself.

What do you really want to know about AR lowers?
If your questioning how to build them, look on GOOGLE, as there are excellent videos on how to build them.
All my AR's i built myself.

I have a friend that builds all of his so he will be helping me get mine together. I'm not worried about the easy stuff like changing handguards or mounting the upper. I just do not want to screw up my lower parts kit or bolt carrier so he will be lending a hand. My goal is to have this gun finished in three weeks. Next week I'm going to buy the handguard, trigger guard, grip and butt. Then the next week I'll buy the upper and bolt carrier.

That way you dont have to register them! No numbers on lowers. Good weapon for home defense.

That way you dont have to register them! No numbers on lowers. Good weapon for home defense.

Not true.

Your talking about 80 per centers, or "Ghost Guns" as they are being called.
Lowers that need "machining" to be made operational.

Without numbers, the DOJ will have big problems with you.

I got to shoot a buddy of mine's (ex marine) the other day
it was a pretty straight forward gun but with a bumpstock build into it
took a minute to get the hang of it, but once you do it is a blast...an entire clip in one quick burp

Not true.

Your talking about 80 per centers, or "Ghost Guns" as they are being called.
Lowers that need "machining" to be made operational.

Without numbers, the DOJ will have big problems with you.
Learning every day! Thanks

When you guys say build, do you mean simply buying parts and simple hand tools like go no go gauges and assembling them? There is no actual gunsmithing involved is there?

When you guys say build, do you mean simply buying parts and simple hand tools like go no go gauges and assembling them? There is no actual gunsmithing involved is there?

No gun smithing involved. I use the term building loosely just as in engine building.

I'll be watching. Like to do a build myself rather than just buy a weapon. Personal satisfaction level

AR's are great in that aspect. I think Pac-Nor barrels sells barrels with some unique chambers for the AR. I always wanted an AR in a 6br or Dasher.

AR's are great in that aspect. I think Pac-Nor barrels sells barrels with some unique chambers for the AR. I always wanted an AR in a 6br or Dasher.

Why a 6br? That's a bench rest round correct? I haven't seen many bench rest ar builds.

I keep debating on an AR-10 but I'm so deep in FAL stuff it doesn't make sense...

Who's lower parts kit did you get?

You say carbine, are you going 16" or 14.5"? Gas system length? Anything over 12" should be a mid-length gas system unless you like .22's that recoil like .30's ;)

What kind of upper, fore-end, stock and grip setup are you going with?

I'm partial to bravocompanyusa.com for parts supply, but I'm biased.

Why a 6br? That's a bench rest round correct? I haven't seen many bench rest ar builds.

Number one reason is that I'm an accuracy buff. Number two reason is the 6mm has such a large bullet weight and design range it would cover all varmint and predator hunting up to extended ranges with very little recoil or powder. Very efficient.

The 6ppc is by far the most popular point blank (100 yard) Br cartridge. It is nothing more than a Jr 6br.

Number one reason is that I'm an accuracy buff. Number two reason is the 6mm has such a large bullet weight and design range it would cover all varmint and predator hunting up to extended ranges with very little recoil or powder. Very efficient.

The 6ppc is by far the most popular point blank (100 yard) Br cartridge. It is nothing more than a Jr 6br.

I have an SKS in 6PPC....

Daayyyuuuummmm. Can I have it? That's really cool. Details?

Right now I just single shot it. I'm debating on the gas system. Can't decide between a direct impingement like a MAS 49-56 or a piston setup. It's an early threaded receiver with one of those plastic montecarlo stocks. Very nice round and perfect fit for the bolt face.

-
Back