NEW 340 manifolds at a reasonable price

-
You are right lots of sets go in this range and more. Look at the premium headers also more than this all and all not a bad price.

I don't get why you'd want to use stock manifold, unless building a car to be judged. Just get yourself a set of Doug's headers or if you got money burning a hole in your pocket go get a set of TTi headers. I mean the stock manifolds will never out those headers, which means more power outta the engine. I just thought I'd throw that out there for you guys.

I don't get why you'd want to use stock manifold, unless building a car to be judged. Just get yourself a set of Doug's headers or if you got money burning a hole in your pocket go get a set of TTi headers. I mean the stock manifolds will never out those headers, which means more power outta the engine. I just thought I'd throw that out there for you guys.

because some people don't want headers, a good flowing manifold is all that most street drivers need, headers are great for the dragstrip. personally I would buy headers if the manifolds were gone and had to pay the same price for them as headers

because some people don't want headers, a good flowing manifold is all that most street drivers need, headers are great for the dragstrip. personally I would buy headers if the manifolds were gone and had to pay the same price for them as headers

I see what you getting at but let's face it, if your on this site more then likely you want more than stock power.

One reason would be to run 12 flat to high 11's, pop the hood and watch folks scratch there head when they see stock intake carb V/C's and exhaust manifolds

TTI's still don't give enough ground clearance, the collector and flange becomes the lowest part of the chassis. I'm betting Doug's aren't any better but I haven't looked at them.

Both are far better than Hookers, but not enough if you want the car low.

How low are you going? My car sits relatively low and I have never hit my tti headers on anything.

How low are you going? My car sits relatively low and I have never hit my tti headers on anything.

I don't have TTI's, only looked at them on other cars. The always seemed low at the cross member.

I'm not planning to go any lower that it looks like your car is.

....... Just get yourself a set of Doug's headers or if you got money burning a hole in your pocket go get a set of TTi headers.

I get so tired of hearing this argument. But that's just because I have an early A, and Doug's for an early A cost MORE than TTI's for the same car, not less. :sad1: Well, maybe the TTI's are more after you figure in the cost of the special starter....

But the real problem I see is that the reproduction manifolds are going to keep me from being able to retire if I ever decide to finally sell the pristine set of originals that I've been sitting on for over 30 years! :cussing: Wait, are mine worth more because they have a really nice, working flapper valve? [-o<

Your pristine ones are worth more because of the flippers and the part numbers in my opinion. Good luck getting 800 for them though..... lol

I'm in love! I want a pair! I was always waiting for a repro set to appear. Not everyone wants headers. They're heat radiators along with the ground clearance problems.

Your pristine ones are worth more because of the flippers and the part numbers in my opinion. Good luck getting 800 for them though..... lol

$800? Oh no, I'd have to have much more than that for them. Don't you know? These were made by the same company that made the Hemi! And we all know that any association with the word Hemi makes them worth more. :lol:

Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi Hemi hemi Hemi

:blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6::blob6:

:burnout: :blob: :burnout:

Have had tti's on 2 different duster's ground clearance is certainly NOT a problem..hmm...340 running high 11's with stock manifold's not unless they're power extruded to the max and the 340 is putting out some serious power ie: stroked...

I'm in love! I want a pair! I was always waiting for a repro set to appear. Not everyone wants headers. They're heat radiators along with the ground clearance problems.

ground clearance may be a problem with cheapo headers but sure isn't with drugs or tti.

i have the dougs on also, and trust me, i hated to put them on, but they tuck up perfectly to the undercarrage. no issues at all.

the only issue i have is i just put the new gaskets on and bolts, and i already have a exaust leak on the passenger side. damn headers.lol

Have had tti's on 2 different duster's ground clearance is certainly NOT a problem..hmm...340 running high 11's with stock manifold's not unless they're power extruded to the max and the 340 is putting out some serious power ie: stroked...

F.A.S.T. series

I have ran a 13.2 @105mph with my 340, 4 speed, 3.91 gears and E70-14s, through the stock manifolds.

This was on a questionable clutch. Im sure I could get into the high 12s.

Don't know what the limit for the manifolds (unmodified) is, but my guess is that I'm getting close.

Exactely...those engines are poked and stroked and running roller cams,heads ported to the max, high compression ect ect...only high 11's though huh:scratch::scratch:

Yes, but look what they are working with.

Heads need to be the correct casting numbers

Intake needs to be the correct casting number

Carb needs to be the correct make and list number

Stock tires (11s on E70-14s for example)

Car needs to sound very close to stock at idle.

yup my tti sit nice and high...

DSC02553-1.jpg

nice and easy to get to all the plugs too..:)

DSC02539.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

Yes, but look what they are working with.

Heads need to be the correct casting numbers

Intake needs to be the correct casting number

Carb needs to be the correct make and list number

Stock tires (11s on E70-14s for example)

Car needs to sound very close to stock at idle.

big big big $$$$$$$$$$$$ to have a competitive FAST car.

-
Back