**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-
Push rod oiling. Use AMC style lifters if Hyd flat tappet or solid roller any push rod style will work. Most manufactures offer this right off the bat.

I know but I already have 828-16 lifter so
to be able to keep the cost down

Sweet. I don't need 1.9 but 1.7 would be nice. How much adjustment on the cup adjuster before oiling is a problem?

Since these are Ball and Ball style of pushrods we set them up with no more than two turn from bottoming out on the rockers. Also I made these so we can use over the counter style of push rods and we have them offered in 0.050" increments. So that is not a problem.

Since these are Ball and Ball style of pushrods we set them up with no more than two turn from bottoming out on the rockers. Also I made these so we can use over the counter style of push rods and we have them offered in 0.050" increments. So that is not a problem.
Great. Assuming this weekend goes well, I'll be ordering a set next week.

Flow numbers? I can't find anything solid on these heads fully ported numbers.

Are there any of these heads running out there yet?

I'm gunna pull the trigger on a Ritter block tomorrow and will be using these heads most likely on a new build or if need be w8's or 9's

Any info would be appreciated.

Flow numbers? I can't find anything solid on these heads fully ported numbers.

Are there any of these heads running out there yet?

I'm gunna pull the trigger on a Ritter block tomorrow and will be using these heads most likely on a new build or if need be w8's or 9's

Any info would be appreciated.
Flow numbers are right on Edelbrock's site. We made 630 on pump gas with a hydraulic roller cam. I've heard that lots of high compression solid roller engines have gone 700+ with these heads.

I thought there may be more HP in these heads with someone else's hands is on them after buying them...

So these heads are Maxx flow your gunna get straight out of the box? I find that hard to believe. Hmmm

I thought there may be more HP in these heads with someone else's hands is on them after buying them...

So these heads are Maxx flow your gunna get straight out of the box? I find that hard to believe. Hmmm
I'm not saying that they can't be improved upon, I'm saying that the flow numbers for them OOTB is on the Edelbrock site. I used them as-is for the build I did. Unless it's an all race build, I don't see how you could justify the added expense of having them ported.

In the thread on Moparts Allen Sherman said he left them as is and only changed the valve seats to his liking. That sounded like he didn't feel the need for any more porting.

In the thread on Moparts Allen Sherman said he left them as is and only changed the valve seats to his liking. That sounded like he didn't feel the need for any more porting.
Yea, that's what I read. I didn't see any flow numbers other than Edelbrocks. Considering how how many people out there having flow there head and not come up with there numbers that they did, I can only wonder this time around.

I'm not saying that they can't be improved upon, I'm saying that the flow numbers for them OOTB is on the Edelbrock site. I used them as-is for the build I did. Unless it's an all race build, I don't see how you could justify the added expense of having them ported.

Thanks for the info!

In what configuration did you buy your heads?

Talked to Brian at IMM Engines today. He says he does some small clean up on them and is getting 370 cfm out of them. Bigger cams will need to swap out the springs he says to avoid coil coil bind I am assuming.

What clearancing work was needed for the rockers?

-
Back