**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-
What clearancing work was needed for the rockers?
BEF003BB-7E03-48B4-A6BC-EA81926FFAC5_zps0ca6coo2.jpg

We milled off the cast in stands completely and then drilled and tapped for the Crower rocker arm bed plate.
39124512-00D5-49C5-AC44-38AD779BCE5A_zpsgi5knyby.jpg

Crower said that Edelbrock sells these heads already milled for these rockers but I had already purchased the heads. The clearancing for the 48 degree application took some material out of the bottom of the pushrod pockets. There is so much material there, I don't know why Edelbrock wouldn't incorporate the milling to all of them so they'll fit both 48 and 59 degree applications right out of the box.
533CD926-FE0D-4899-8D45-A6145739B2F2_zpsvlimb8k4.jpg

Well, that is great the know that Edelbrock sells the head ready for the Crower rockers! It will save a lot of headache.

Thank for posting up the pictures and sharing this info. Big thumbs up to ya!

They were top notch as well. I measured actual lift at the retainer and I was within .001 of theoretical lift with a checking spring. Nice work!

Yeah Crower does good work and allow people like me make sure its right before we market anything. You might have seen these photos before but we tested on MANY different blocks before I gave the thumbs up. This was the last one "Block" we checked last year before the PRI show. This was a happy day because I was done R&D'ing these things.

V1.jpg

V2.jpg

V3.jpg

Flow numbers? I can't find anything solid on these heads fully ported numbers.

Are there any of these heads running out there yet?

I'm gunna pull the trigger on a Ritter block tomorrow and will be using these heads most likely on a new build or if need be w8's or 9's

Any info would be appreciated.

When we started this project we wanted to make sure that they were close to what they advertised. At the time we got these they were saying 370cfm. We were given 4 heads and sent them out to different places around here with out tell them what they were. Every single one could not believe the amount of air they could flow out of the box, we got 355 on the low end and 365 on the high end since every flow bench is different. That is when I knew this would be worth while doing this project. We have an extra set here and are going to build something and put it in a street car for maybe a drag week or something like that. But yes they flow more than any manifold can handle at this time. That will be your limiting factor at this point.

Thanks for the info Shane!

I just got my invoice for the Ritter Block so I guess that is the base for my next build. I will be using these heads as well. Can someone say "Sheet Metal Intake" ... haha

This will be a street basher build with some track time. Looking for 1000 hp to the tires... e85 on tap. Boost or NOS or possibly both on this one.

Thanks for the info Shane!

I just got my invoice for the Ritter Block so I guess that is the base for my next build. I will be using these heads as well. Can someone say "Sheet Metal Intake" ... haha

This will be a street basher build with some track time. Looking for 1000 hp to the tires... e85 on tap. Boost or NOS or possibly both on this one.

I have a customer in Australia that used these heads and used an old school weiand tunnel ram. Works super bitchen and he driven that thing on the street, pump gas E85, stock block, Half a hard fill and makes 740Hp at 7,200rpm. It moves out. So look for a tunnel ram.

Oh next time I will look harder for ya at the track and say hi

the Alan Sherman build went two 9.0 passes at 147-148 in Baytown. they think they'll get some 8's out it.

Hey RumbleFish360, I still can find this Tunnel Ram for sale?

Thanks
I don't know if Ma MoPar still has them. I wasn't interested in paying retail for it. I grabbed this from a member here.

My advice? You will have to do what I did, have cash at the ready to spend and hunt, hunt and hunt. Be ready to pull the trigger when you see it pop up.

Search e-bay, racing junk .com and various forums 4 sale sections.

I don't know if Ma MoPar still has them. I wasn't interested in paying retail for it. I grabbed this from a member here.

My advice? You will have to do what I did, have cash at the ready to spend and hunt, hunt and hunt. Be ready to pull the trigger when you see it pop up.

I'm thinking to change my current intake from Super Victor to TRam. I have a Weiand Hi-Ram 1995. I never had this MP M1 Tunnel Ram in my hands before... So I need to ask, do you think that has big differences between Weiand Hi-Ram vs MP M1 Tunnel Ram?

Thanks

I never had the Weiand in my hand. I can tell you that the M1 is a race intake. Big plenum. I have seen this intake run low 9's.
If you want me to take measurements.....

I never had the Weiand in my hand. I can tell you that the M1 is a race intake. Big plenum. I have seen this intake run low 9's.
If you want me to take measurements.....

If you can measure, will be great! I'm attaching one picture of my Weiand TRam with a measure that I need to open to match with my heads... lol
TRAM.jpg

1: An Edelbrock 7276 intake gasket on the lower intake. Expand for a look into what a port match will take on the unaltered as cast ports.

2: A look into the plenum and its port alignment and attaching stud. (1/4x20)

3: A look at the lower half and the different shape entrances.

4: I shoved the cell phone into the plenum from the bottom showing a very open area. (Perhaps not such a good shot as you need to tilt the head 90*'s.)

Measurements not exact! But close enough to call OK.

Manifold height Frt. 9, rear 10
Runner length as tape measured on the floor of the runner is 6-3/8
Port window, 1X2.2
Inside of plenum, 16x6-1/4x - 4-3/8 depth at the rear of the rear carb par and 3-11/16 deep at the front of the front carb pad.

Anything else! :)

image.jpg
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG

Lots of top sections for sale on ebay but no lowers or complete units.

1: An Edelbrock 7276 intake gasket on the lower intake. Expand for a look into what a port match will take on the unaltered as cast ports.

2: A look into the plenum and its port alignment and attaching stud. (1/4x20)

3: A look at the lower half and the different shape entrances.

4: I shoved the cell phone into the plenum from the bottom showing a very open area. (Perhaps not such a good shot as you need to tilt the head 90*'s.)

Measurements not exact! But close enough to call OK.

Manifold height Frt. 9, rear 10
Runner length as tape measured on the floor of the runner is 6-3/8
Port window, 1X2.2
Inside of plenum, 16x6-1/4x - 4-3/8 depth at the rear of the rear carb par and 3-11/16 deep at the front of the front carb pad.

Anything else! :)

View attachment 1715059598 View attachment 1715059599 View attachment 1715059600 View attachment 1715059601

Thanks you for measurements and pics. Looking for M1 pictures and measures in comparison with Weiand, M1 looks like better than Weiand.

Man I am so glad there are guys around like y'all that can afford to do these builds and document them here for all to see, Nothin' better than watching and learning. Thanks. Oops I meant this post for Mad Darts Ritter block build how I got it here I don't know, I Guess it could have something do with the seven Maker's Marks and cokes I've had so far, Hmmm! Time to hide the key board.

Jeff

Last edited:
I spoke with the Edelbrock Tech line yesterday and was told that the heads with the rocker mounts machined down to suit the crower style rockers (and t&d im assuming) will not be released until later this year or early next. What option does this leave for rockers,their website says big block with 150 thou offset i think.

That leaves us with everyone else I think. LOL! Harland Sharp, Crane, maybe Hughesengines, etc....
I honestly don't know.

I spoke with the Edelbrock Tech line yesterday and was told that the heads with the rocker mounts machined down to suit the crower style rockers (and t&d im assuming) will not be released until later this year or early next. What option does this leave for rockers,their website says big block with 150 thou offset i think.

Rick Roberts is the person who I have been in contact with at Edelbrock, I called him yesterday, he is currently on vacation and will be back Monday 8/21/2017 so I will keep you updated. I do know they have sent out test heads to people over seas because I have sold them the rockers. When I know more I will post it here.

I just milled them off in the Bridgeport. Not complicated at all, just time consuming.

I just milled them off in the Bridgeport. Not complicated at all, just time consuming.

I realise it is possible to machine them to suit ,its just they arent a cheap head especially by the time they land here in Australia and I was hoping they would be a bolt on deal.
Im looking to see if its worth buying a pair of these and running them as is or if i should spend the money getting my bare w5 heads done. Porting and maching costs out here are quite expensive compared to the USA.

-
Back