New heart! RB style

-
Awesome build! I'll be following this one. My '67 is a bit more tame than that beast you're wrenching on, haha.

Well i figured I would just update my build instead of having you guys jumping around looking for it..

So here are the specs. Its a 493". Its a .060 over 440. The block is filled to the freeze plugs. It is fully studded and has a main girdle. The crank is a CAT 4.15. For rods I am using BME hemi aluminum rods. Those things are huge!! Pistons are Probe forged -30.0 dish. The cam is a custom Comp cam .557 lift solid lifter 114 overlap. The heads are ported and polished Mopar stage VI with ferrea valves, Comp springs, manley titanium retainers and 10* locks. Then on top is a single plane M1 and a modified 850 that now flows 980 and converted to blow through. Doing the blowing is a 90mm turbo. Its a tad small but should max out the block anyways..

The block is O-ringed too.

2011-03-02_19-29-38_827.jpg

2011-03-02_19-28-17_776.jpg

So pretty much all the piping is fabbed up and ready to go. I am still waiting on head gaskets cuz I ordered the wrong ones to begin with. They have been backordered for a month. Otherwise it would be on the road.. Here are some more of the fab work..

Driver side header..

2011-02-05_16-03-01_473.jpg

2011-02-15_17-13-41_745.jpg

2011-02-15_17-12-47_52.jpg

I had the passenger side cold pipe welded in the middle and the Blow off valve welded on in front of the carb. No picts of that yet.

Today I got the down pipe fabbed up and finished welded. Tight fit but it clears the tire.

2011-05-16_16-25-59_841.jpg

2011-05-16_16-27-10_670.jpg

As you can see its headless waiting for gaskets..

Still have to o2 bung to put in and I'll probably plumb the wastegate into it as well but the headers and stuff need to be tied together to make sure it all fits together..

Your making good progress. When do you expect it to be complete?
Post a Video of it doing its thing when it is!

Your making good progress. When do you expect it to be complete?
Post a Video of it doing its thing when it is!
I was hoping it would be done by now. I want to break the motor in without the turbo with the old ignition and fuel system. Just because I know it will fire right up without much tinkering. Then as soon as breakin is complete I will swap the fuel system and ignition system then modify the carb as well. I have everything except the MSD 8973.. Hoping to get it out soon. But we are buying a house so it may get put off till late summer. I hope not!!

I was hoping it would be done by now. I want to break the motor in without the turbo with the old ignition and fuel system. Just because I know it will fire right up without much tinkering. Then as soon as breakin is complete I will swap the fuel system and ignition system then modify the carb as well. I have everything except the MSD 8973.. Hoping to get it out soon. But we are buying a house so it may get put off till late summer. I hope not!!

Shoot make sure you close on the house first! The car will be there waiting and do whatever you say or ask of it at that time. Is that why we call our cars women names and our women call them the other woman?? haaaaa

It lives! Got it runnung today. no turbo yet, Runs and sounds great! Now tear it down and retorque the head studs and put the spinny thing on. and mod the carb. Waiting for my refund on the MSD so I can order another one. Then Just need the AEM uego and a muffler.. Shes getting close!!!

video coming soon

FYI.. do not order part through autopartsdealer,com they advertise a great price but cant deliver the goods. I ordered the headgaskets 2 months ago and the MSD a month ago. Couldnt deliver either one..

Damn! Now thats gonna be a fast sumbitch.. I've never seen just the rad support left in place like that with the iner fenders gone. Interesting way of doing it. I see the snout bar needs to be re welded due to the massive pipe in the way.

Have fun!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLAs_H51gSU"]YouTube - ‪2011 06 10 17 13 17 914‬‏[/ame]

Damn! Now thats gonna be a fast sumbitch.. I've never seen just the rad support left in place like that with the iner fenders gone. Interesting way of doing it. I see the snout bar needs to be re welded due to the massive pipe in the way.

Have fun!
Ya it will have to be bent different and the shock tower tied back in after the turbo is mounted. It should be fun!

Damn that thing revvs really quick! Put that turbo on and let the beast loose!
Ya its a quick revver! Those were 4k rpm blips.. I was suprised. I guess the light weight pistons and aluminum rods and billet crank really make a difference!! it should be fun!!

-
Back