New heart! RB style

-
a little more progress.. Carb is next..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpTdOOGZPY"]YouTube - ‪First run with turbo‬‏[/ame]

Decided to give ya a couple picts what it will look like all done.. Plus you can see how high the hat is above the cowl.. FYI. This is with the stage VI heads which require the intake spacers which are a inch tall plus I have a 1" carb spacer..

2011-06-11_23-39-31_306.jpg

2011-06-11_23-39-44_63.jpg

2011-06-11_23-40-15_375.jpg

2011-06-11_23-40-31_38.jpg

Great Progress, you are at the home stretch now.

What wastegate and blow off valve are you using?
Are you using a manual boost controller like a Hallman or?
How much boost do you plan on for your target.

Great Progress, you are at the home stretch now.

What wastegate and blow off valve are you using?
Are you using a manual boost controller like a Hallman or?
How much boost do you plan on for your target.
I cant remember the brand but they are the same as yours. I read about how you like the quality so I bought one also. I do plan a manual controller the hallman looks good. As far as boost I dont think I'll need more than 15 to be crazy. The stock block is only good for about 900 hp although mine is filled, studded and girdled..

I cant remember the brand but they are the same as yours. I read about how you like the quality so I bought one also. I do plan a manual controller the hallman looks good. As far as boost I dont think I'll need more than 15 to be crazy. The stock block is only good for about 900 hp although mine is filled, studded and girdled..

Cool, I used the small spring in the wastegate and did a bench test with the Hallman manual boost controller. It works really good in conjunction with the small spring. It would hold the boost steady by the turn of the knob from 5-40PSI without fluctuating at all. I didn't want to go any higher on the test than 40PSI because I did not want to bust the diaphram. So @ 15-20 PSI the diaphram should hold up just fine

Ya I have it set up with the small spring in mine. Thats good to hear it worked well!!

I just found this thread and got a chubby....
Let me know if you need any help with anything or just a beer fetcher, would love to take a look at your setup :)

well shes getting blown apart..seems to be a bunch if metal in the pan. Hoping it ate the cam and not bearings. I'll know more tomorrow!!

well shes getting blown apart..seems to be a bunch if metal in the pan. Hoping it ate the cam and not bearings. I'll know more tomorrow!!

O'boy!
Maybe those huge rods rubbing the counter weights on the crank??

Did it make any noise?
Did it get leaned out on boost?

What exactly happened when you noticed it?
No I was fixing a leak with the external pick up on the pan. It had a cheesy little oring that must have tore when I tightened down the lock nut. Anyways I made a nice little rubber washer to go on so I pulled the AN fitting out of the pan and figured I would feel around inside with my finger just to see. and you know how you felt when the school bully punched you in the gut when you were 8? Thats about how I felt as I pulled my finger out with metal shavings all over it. So on to today I pulled the intake and rocker gear I noticed a lobe on the cam didnt look to good. So upon further tear down I found that #7 intake lifter was severely ate up and the lobe is half gone. Now just hope the metal didnt hurt any bearings and stuff. I should have it out and tore down this weekend to further investigate damage..

No I was fixing a leak with the external pick up on the pan. It had a cheesy little oring that must have tore when I tightened down the lock nut. Anyways I made a nice little rubber washer to go on so I pulled the AN fitting out of the pan and figured I would feel around inside with my finger just to see. and you know how you felt when the school bully punched you in the gut when you were 8? Thats about how I felt as I pulled my finger out with metal shavings all over it. So on to today I pulled the intake and rocker gear I noticed a lobe on the cam didnt look to good. So upon further tear down I found that #7 intake lifter was severely ate up and the lobe is half gone. Now just hope the metal didnt hurt any bearings and stuff. I should have it out and tore down this weekend to further investigate damage..

OMG! If you only knew!!
My 86 Prostreet Ram had a 500" RB with Mopar stage 5 heads, it ate 3 cams on the exact #7 intake lobe. All 3 were Purpleshafts. I switched the 4th with a Lunati and it never happened again. I did put lighter springs on for the break-in period and reinstalled the double springs all 4 times. I never did figure out what the hell was going on. I didn't hurt anything but I had a strong magnet glued to the inside of the oil pan.

Yeah I have lost a few cams in the same lobe area either one side or the other.. a couple comps, a ultradyne and a MP. I have a email into Bullet and I have already got a quote from Delta cams.. I should just save and go Roller. then I wouldnt have these damn problems..

I've been to busy the last couple days. We finished the move into our new home. So all I know for sure at the moment is the camshaft is toast. I do plan on spending the day on it tomorrow and getting the motor out and inspected. I still havent heard back from bullet either...

So as some of you may know my fresh new motor that I just did flattened the cam after break in. My fault I didnt use stock springs on it when I did the break in. So I scored a nice set of Solid roller lifters from a buddy and now I need to figure out what I should run for a cam specs in my beast. Here are the specs of the motor. Its a 493", 8.5-1, Aluminum rods, billet crank, ported mopar stage VI heads 2.14/1.81, M1 single plane, custom 980 holley, 90mm turbo 1.36 a/r, 4000 stall, planning on a 3.55 gear with a 32" tall tire. So what do you guys think?

Call bullet.... I tried their online contact they never responded. Called them and 30 min later they had the recipe

Nope. I havent touched it. Been kinda bummed so Ive been riding my scooter alot. I am hoping to go back to work in a week so Then I can actually afford to work on it instead of trying to do it cheap I'll be able to throw the right stuff at it. I do have Scott brown ready to grind me a cam. I really liked what he was saying and where it should be when its done.

Ok got it tore down. No damage to bearings or anything so thats good. Just need the new roller cam, head gaskets, bronze distributer drive gear and probably push rods.. Then I'll need the Msd 6530 and a few small holley parts..

Ok got it tore down. No damage to bearings or anything so thats good. Just need the new roller cam, head gaskets, bronze distributer drive gear and probably push rods.. Then I'll need the Msd 6530 and a few small holley parts..

That is good news! This car stuff will $100 & $500 us to Death! haaa:mrgreen:

This sucks!
I forgot about your O-ringed setup. I was gonna say Cometics are reusable from what I here but again, won't help ya. Good thing is nothing is wrong elsewhere.

-
Back