New heart! RB style

-
Well got some new fancy super heavy duty pushrods from Smith brothers! I highly recommend them if you guys need some. I ordered them Monday at 10 am and they were shipped by 3pm monday! Had them in and running wednsday night! They werent cheap though. I have pretty high open spring pressure at 598 pounds. Add the boost and they said must go bigger so they are 3/8 x .145 wall 4130 9.437 long.. Gonna try the 1/8th again tomorrow! I'll try for some video!

Not the first time I have heard great things about smith brothers pushrods. I'm sold!

Well its going well. Today ran a 6.10 at 118 smoking the tires, short shifting and a light launch. I have a oil leak I need to fix I think its the girdle leaking so the motor will have to come out. Its still pushing oil through the turbo as well. I have it restricted down quite a bit. Maybe my drain isnt returning fast enough. I plan on trying to reroute it. So I made 4 passes today for my 20 bucks. :D The first was a squirly tire fryer and the 3 was a tire killer too till the intercooler tube blew off the turbo. I have a feeling the intercooler I have has a bit of restriction because it always blows a pipe off before the IC.. anyways heres run 2 the only decent one still spinnin!
This is at 7 psi.. :burnout:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys3ipOfXRyE&feature=channel&list=UL"]Cuda_2nd_time_out_pass2_5-26-12.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

Run 3 when it blows the cold air off the turbo. It killed the engine when it popped freaked me out till I found out what happened..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5FAMS0kBk&feature=channel&list=UL"]Cuda 2nd time out pass3 5 26 12 - YouTube[/ame]

Run 3 when it blows the cold air off the turbo. It killed the engine when it popped freaked me out till I found out what happened..

I will be sandblasting all the ends of the aluminum where there is a silicone coupler. That has got to help them from slipping/blowing off!

BTW, sweet! I can't wait to get in mine soon! You footbraking??

Yep. It's a footbraker! Stalls to about 2400. Zero boost at launch it really wakes up at the 60' mark. I don't think the little 8 3/4 will handle a brake. Hopefully do the Dana before the End of summer then add a brake!!

Figured I would share my low buck evac set up.. Its a mustang cobra pump. I welded a bung in the fuel pump block off plate for the suction hose. and made my own breather bottle.. Turned out ok and it was cheap other than the damn hose.
photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Its also running again.. Now to put the nose back on..

well I killed the little 88mm turbo so on to bigger and better things! The 114 should be here in a week!! yeehaw!!

it spun the comp wheel on the shaft. Galled the shaft pretty good. I tried some loctite 272 I think it was for shafts and sleeves and put it back together. It looked good internally but its got a nasty howl to it. The 114 is a precision.. PT114 1.32 ar..

O'boy! There is a foxbody here with one of those on a 427" sbf tipping 4.90's in the 1/8th...... Better HOLD ON!!!!!

Got a new to me tranny coming too! Griner brake bolt in sprag aluminum drum fancy stuff!

I hope to have enough money left to build my Dana. Already have the locker and 3.54 gears. Just need ends and axles.

Got a new to me tranny coming too! Griner brake bolt in sprag aluminum drum fancy stuff!

Sweet! Don't use to big of a stall! 32-3500 would be a good bet. Should be tipping a few #s of boost coming off the brake!!

Well Made a bunch of progress this week! Shes pretty much done. Just need a clamp for the 4" at the hat and I need a lower radiator hose.

photo-24.jpg

Here you can see I moved the radiator outside of the core support..

photo-25.jpg

photo-27.jpg

Peek A Boo!

photo-26.jpg

-
Back