New heart! RB style

-
I did have one little miss measurement while fabbing this thing up a few months ago. My cold pipe doesnt quite clear the hood. No other way to really make it all fit so I cut a hole and built a little plate for reinforcment. I will atleast keep'em guessin for those who dont know any better..

photo-8.jpg

photo-9.jpg

drove it today! HOLY SH!!T this thing is a beast compared to what I used to run. I did manage 7 psi and blew the boot off the intercooler. I have my WG set up with a 7# spring so I got to here that blow. I will probably end up plumbing it back into the exhaust or put a honda muffler on it! hahaha. Still have some wierd stuff going on with my fuel pressure. I had it set at 6 lbs. Started the car it was at 4. Figured Ill just keep a eye on things. Took off AFRs stayed right around 12-13 cruising jumped on it and it the AFR went to 10 the FP went to 15 and stayed there. The AFR went back to 12-13 cruising although the FP hung at 15. finished my short cruise and shut it down. restarted and my FP was 6#.. WTF? My gauge messed up? its been a good gauge for 14 years and now it acts up??

Try using some 3M Spray Glue on your Silicone parts before assembly. Let it get really tacky before you assemble them and use a socket to tighten the hose clamps. Some guys also use Hair Spray. Clean up is easy with either one. I usually keep some Lacquer Thinner around for stuff like that. Another thing you can do is if there is enough meat, run 2 hose clamps.

If your FP is at 15 PSI I would think your float bowls would be really full and it would be running really rich pushing fuel past the needle/seat. I would try a new gauge before anything else. You are just about there and YES I am Jealous!:D

Good idea on the 3m glue I have a couple cans left since I just did my carpet and insulation. I also ordered a new gauge last night so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

The 3M glue sounds just like contact cement!! If so,be VERY sure you dont ever want to take it apart.....

I thought about blasting the areas where the hoses slip over with 180 grit aluminum oxide to texture the ends enough to hold the couplers???

Actually had another thought on how to keep your part's coupled up. Try out 3m panel adhesive. It's used to glue on 1/4 panel's by the body shop industry. You will need to clamp/screw it all together while it cures,but Im thinking it will solve your pipes from popping,lol!

Needs, now that's just silly! Lol as for the clamps I don't know what they are called but they have a bolt not a regular Jose clamp worm gear style.

His look exactly like my JDMotorsports clamps. Stainless steel but i have stripped the lousy locknuts that came with them. I replaced then nuts with good ones so hope that is solved.

Well more bugs! Took it for a drive yesterday. Got on it pretty good once it started making boost the tires spun the rpms climbed hit the limiter at 6800 and I heard a pop. Sounds funny too. So I go home expecting to find something bad. Pulled the hood off. Found it chucked the alt belt. no big deal there. So I started with pulling the valve cover expecting a broken spring or rocker or something.. Nothing there. Pull the harland sharps off expecting a bent pushrod. Nothing there. Pulled the intake expecting a roller lifter failure. Nothing there. Dont have a compression tester but they all feel strong with the finger test. lol. So the thing I probably should have checked first was the distributor cap. I looks pretty gross inside. Looks like some bits off build up on the ends of the teminals and a couple wires dont look to great. looks like they may have gotten warm. hopefully thats the problem. Really dont want to pull the heads. probably ruin the headgasket and header gasket too. Those things run about 50 bucks and the headgaskets are another 160 bucks!! AHHHHHHH

other thing I did notice that was a plus, all the plugs looked real good. Nice chocholate brown. no speckles or any blackness or oil..

Bet its ignition! Plugs do short internally sometimes too. Replace the cap, rotor, wires and plugs.

Like Mad said, check the hoses too. For the sake of it drain the oil and look for piston pieces, worst case.

Bet its ignition! Plugs do short internally sometimes too. Replace the cap, rotor, wires and plugs.

Like Mad said, check the hoses too. For the sake of it drain the oil and look for piston pieces, worst case.
I checked the hoses. Gonna give it a full tune up and find a clean bucket. I just changed the oil in it on sunday!!!

Well I Gave her a full tune up and she's a happy hotrod now. Hauled her to town for the local cruise in. No issues no problems. The city streets seem to be lacking any traction additives but we had a good time for the first outing. Hoping to hit the 1/8th mile for some tunin next weekend.

well i took it to the track. I am blown away at the amout of power this thing lays down!! Its too much for my little track down here. There wasnt many people there so I waited till they layed down the VHT before I went. It was my first pass with the new bullet. I staged and stalled it to 2400 and launched easy 1.62 60'. When boost hit the tires went away. I peddled short shifted and stabbed it again boost hit and the tires went away again. By that time it was walking the dog down the track so I shut it down.. Coasted to a 6.40 at 66mph.. Bad news was I was only running 7 cylinders.. I broke a rocker adjuster and it threw out the pushrod. Luckily the pushrod just fell between the 2 rockers and the broken nut and adjuster landed in the void in front of the #2 exhaust spring. Of course I didnt have my spare rockers or adjusters with me so that ended the day. But it looks promising.. Gonna go ahead and order the longer pushrods like I should have so I dont have to run the adjusters down so far.. Atleast it wasnt worse.. Oh she does awesome John Force burnouts!!

well i took it to the track. I am blown away at the amout of power this thing lays down!! Its too much for my little track down here. There wasnt many people there so I waited till they layed down the VHT before I went. It was my first pass with the new bullet. I staged and stalled it to 2400 and launched easy 1.62 60'. When boost hit the tires went away. I peddled short shifted and stabbed it again boost hit and the tires went away again. By that time it was walking the dog down the track so I shut it down.. Coasted to a 6.40 at 66mph.. Bad news was I was only running 7 cylinders.. I broke a rocker adjuster and it threw out the pushrod. Luckily the pushrod just fell between the 2 rockers and the broken nut and adjuster landed in the void in front of the #2 exhaust spring. Of course I didnt have my spare rockers or adjusters with me so that ended the day. But it looks promising.. Gonna go ahead and order the longer pushrods like I should have so I dont have to run the adjusters down so far.. Atleast it wasnt worse.. Oh she does awesome John Force burnouts!!

Glad you didn't hurt the motor. That car is gunna FLY when you get it all worked out. A 6.40 is a 9.98 in the 1/4. Without the pokes in the run and the mechanical issues. You had at least 1 second of poke/blowing off the tires that you should pick up at least 1 second I would think. That will put you easily into the 5.40's which are equivelent to somewhere in the 8.40's in the 1/4 right out of the gate. More tuning and you will be very deep into the 8's is my guess at over 170MPH. If you can get it to hook I see some High 7's in your near future! :cheers:

This could get very interesting!!

Damn worthless without VIDEO tho.....

No b.s., good going! Can't wait to see the results. Wish I had time to work on mine!

DAMN! Sounds like it's slick time to me. Put the baldies out back,and hold on....

It has art morrison adjustable ladders, qa1 coils, and a anti sway bar. Tires are 31x16.5 hoosier quicktime Pros. It will filet the hides it no time!

-
Back